• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anderson Manufacturing ???

snowdin5000

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2012
Idaho
Anybody here know anything about this compaines products? The reason I ask is this last year I had a rough time and had to go threw a few operations on my eyes and had some close friends and family help me out. So for this chrismas I'm going to build them each a AR and I can get booth there uppers and lowers at a really good price. Such a good price that it makes me a bit leary because I belive you get what you pay for but I haven't heard anything bad or good about there stuff.

I have toured Andersons Manufacturing Plant. They make many things. They started making AR Receivers for other manufactures years ago and finally decided to make their own line.

They start with Cero Forgings which is as good as it gets. They then CNC machine them.

The uppers and lowers are as good as anything on the market. They have made for some of the real big and expensive names in ARs.

Their rifles shoot well but I am don't like their hand guards

I haven't had hands on experience with their uppers but I recently built my first 3 ARs with their stripped lowers ($75 local to me at a shop) and everything seemed great.
Cope's distributing had Anderson blem uppers @ $45 and shipping is $10 per order. Had I known that before buying random used uppers I would have gotten them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have had hands on experience with their rifles and I would say Caveat Emptor... If you're looking for inexpensive and quality I would go with JD Machine, Mega Arms, or Rainier Arms.

Nick, he asked about uppers and lowers, which Anderson makes great ones. I have built several dozen of them. He did not ask about whole rifles.

I bet I have as much experience with Anderson rifles as anyone on here.

Nick, he asked about uppers and lowers, which Anderson makes great ones. I have built several dozen of them. He did not ask about whole rifles.

I bet I have as much experience with Anderson rifles as anyone on here.

I look at their general work in regards to product quality, and if a manufacturer can't do something as simple as proper toque and staking then I have to consider the quality and effort put into the parts themselves. I know who you are Mike and I do HIGHLY value your opinion, but that doesn't invalidate my experiences with selling their product which has underwhelmed me and left concerns.

Reactions: MaineGRU
Nick, first of all thank you for the nice PM. It is much appreciated.

On your experience with their rifle. I don't discount it at all.

Frankly my level of build is better than what I believe Anderson puts together but their uppers and lowers are dam good.

I know they make their own receivers and fore ends but no idea about the rest of the parts My advice to them was to build the best and charge accordingly but obviously by some of the complaints my advice has not been followed in all areas. Sorry for any troubles.

Use the receivers with confidence

Last edited:
The prices for their lowers are great! I looked at one at a local shop and was very close to purchasing it for a future project, only reason I didn't was because I already have an old Bushmaster lower that needs built. I hope to hear more about the quality of the lower and upper recievers through this thread because I am still considering picking one up for a rainy day. Mostly interesting in hearing if everything is in spec...

I have 2 Anderson lowers, my Father has 1. Never had a problem with them mating with any upper reciever. Their lowers are MIL-SPEC, meaning built to the same quality and tolerances as every other milspec lower.

I have an Anderson lower with close trigger guard. The internals that I put in it are the exact same as I put in my mega forged lower. I can take the upper off the Anderson and put it on the mega and there is no difference in the feel or function. It's just as tight a fit on the Anderson that it is on the mega. The LPK and trigger groups in both lowers fit perfect.

I did not get a blemished lower. Maybe they are a bit sloppier but I would not hesitate to build another AR on an anderson lower. I have no experiance with their uppers. I have uppers by Mega and Aero. Both fit perfect.

I have a budget PSA build on an Anderson lower and am very happy with it. Built from a stripped lower and everything fit fine (LPK, Geiselle trigger, upper/lower fit well, no rattle) and the rifle has shot well, though only about 1000 rounds through at this point, all seems good.

It's not as "pretty" a my billet Mega lower, but is lighter and does the job just fine. For the price the Anderson lowers are heard to beat.

They make Lowers and uppers for big name companies. Some of the biggest names. They are using the same machines as the big high end names as well. They are good to go for components...

They make Lowers and uppers for big name companies. Some of the biggest names. They are using the same machines as the big high end names as well. They are good to go for components...
Thread revival , so who do Anderson manufacture for ?

Non-critical components like lowers I'd trust. Not much else.

AM makes good stuff.
I bought an AM 10 for pretty cheap but I did upgrade to an adjustable gas block, trigger buffer spring an JP bolt head. Shoots and runs great.
Now it's primarily 80%'ers Lol.

I've read that they supplied receivers for Colt and others. Who they supplied for just put their own roll mark on.

I have "more than one" Anderson lowers and uppers. Never had an issue with fit or specs on any of them. I tend to spend most of a build budget on barrel and trigger.

I saw a sale for a $29.99 Anderson lower........color me skeptical, but either they've revolutionized the industry in regards to efficiency or you're getting what you'd expect from a $29.99 lower. I'm sure they're serviceable, but I'd have difficulty trusting QC.

On the bright side, you can buy 5-6 for what a top-tier receiver set costs, so if you wanted to build 30 Anderson AR15's you probably could.

Their lowers are forged so strength shouldn't be an issue and as forgings are cheaper to make than billet so it kind of makes sense , if the holes line up I cant see the problem , accuracy will not be affected by a lower unless the take down pin holes were massively oversize , a poorly made upper could cause issues if the extension nut is a poor fit or the barrel nut thread is not cut correctly.

Reactions: kindabitey
Most maker's marks are actually merchant marks. Whether it be knives, guns, or precision rifle ammo, many ofthose companies you think of as manufacturers are actually resellers...

Anderson "used" to make Noveske upper/lowers back in the old 1st gen days.

So in the store, there I am looking at a Noveske roll mark for $100 and an Anderson for $35. Same lower other than the roll mark.

So I proudly rock an Anderson lower with my 1st gen Noveske Reece. They mate together rock solid.