• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Androgel?

Re: Androgel?

I'm on it now. Started with the 1% but, now I'm useing the 1.62%.
It seems to be working for me, my T levels increased over 200 points after only 3 weeks!
You have to watch your PSA levels because sometimes it rises with useage of Androgel. Mine is checked every 3 months with no rise in my PAS, so I'm good to go!
Also go to their webb site and see if the discount card is still active. I have one and the RX. only costs me 10 bucks a month. Without it it would have been around $81.00 with my insurance. That may seem pricy but without it around $435.00 was the going price.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in feb 11. At that time I was also diagnosed with low T, as in 245. I'm 36 and in pretty good health. Shots were a no go because my work schedule interfered with the intervals. I started 1% Andro in April 11 I believe. Fast forward to earlier this year when I started seeing an Endo to find out why my T was still below 300. I ended up quitting it on his recommendation to see if my body was doing better now that my type 2 was under control. It has gone up to a little over 300, but after a year and a half on the Androgel, I was really let down. I had considered trying the 1.62% but I honestly felt like I would be throwing good money after bad. Ymmv of course, but my research shows the gels to be hit amd miss. I hear shots are the way to go, but my 30 on/ 15 off schedule nixes that for me. Btw. First 6-8 months was 2 pumps per day. Months 8-18 were 4 pumps per day. I never got over 285 on the gel. I still have a few bottles sitting around that are brand new.

1.62 daily 1 pump each week. 100mg cypiante weekly myself. All prescription from the Dr. Shot goes in thigh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.62 daily 1 pump each week. 100mg cypiante weekly myself. All prescription from the Dr. Shot goes in thigh. </div></div>

What does the 100mg weekly injection have your test levels at?

Getting checked next week. Feel much better, sleep better, personality much more stable. Gained a few pounds along the way. All good. Definitely work with a physician. I am all about feeling good now after many surgeries.Use but don't abuse.

Spinal fusion will test your will.

Reactions: silentwoods

I had much better luck with the injections. I break my 100mg weakly dose into equal amounts every three days. No ups and downs. I also take an estrogen blocker. Mine has gone from 118 to 700-800. I am 37. Years old, no side effects I can tell.

The andro gel just did not work for me. It actually made my t drop some. That is just my experience.

Reactions: Changed

One thing I am concerned with is if/when you have to come off. Geneally those things shut down natural production, so you gotta stay on it forever

I've been on the Androgel patchs for years. My doctor prescribed it to help elevate me out of depression. It helped. Now the insurance says it won't pay for them. My doc said come in once a week and I'll just give you a shot o "T". Been doing that and it works waaaay better. Plus I'm kicking ass in the gym.

Mike G

I have been on the 1% for about 10 years. I recently moved to the 1.62%. I am on total T replacement therapy, as my body doesn't produce it ( due to Pituitary removal). I'm on 4 pumps of 1.62 per day. I will increase my dosage next month. I'm finally in the gym daily, and getting great results. I can't wait till I get my next Lab results. Be careful with the injection. If your T levels get to high you can develop extreme anxiety. Also the injection delivers a huge dose at once that can spike your levels. Make sure all Lab Panels are done at the end of the week before you get your next injection.

Chip

Shooter65, no doubt at that high you need to be checking estradiol. Aromatase conversion is an issue at different levels of T depending on the guy but you are certainly getting conversion at that level. Your levels went pretty high on 100 cyp transdermal a week....what were you pre-treatment? Also consider working to get HCG concurrent treatment to keep your nuts in tact and to facilitate all the other things nuts do for you besides T. Injection is a less likely aromatase conversion issue than transdermal and injections taken 2-3X a week give very stable T. The only time injection is a problem is the stupid doc's using dark ages thinking and giving patients larger doses every 2 weeks or more. If you choose treatment do it because you need to because it is a life long therapy.....and definitely educate yourself and find a physician that is well versed in endocrinology/andropause because the vast majority are clueless.

Last edited:
I stopped the gel a couple months back because it did not raise my levels at all. Dr gave me a prescription for 200 needles and cypinate. Worked my way up to 1 ml once a week. Feel 100% better. (Sleep / energy / sex drive) The last 3 weeks I cut back to .5 ml per week. See no change in above mentioned between .5 and 1 ml. Will get another blood test in a month or so.

Last edited:
I'm using it! I have a pituitary brain tumor - sounds worse than it is, although they did find me unconscious on the floor of my place after having spent 4 days over the weekend seizing and writhing on the floor,... Luckily, one of my customers put up a stink and demanded my manager look into my whereabouts,... Long story short; door was busted in by the paramedics, taken in on what they thought was a drug OD, quick thinking ER doc wanted head x-rays and spotted an out of control growth on my pituitary gland, best brain surgeon in the states happened to be on duty at the surgical ward they referred me to, took out the majority of the tumor (and my pituitary gland) and now I'm on several meds to compensate for the loss of pituitary function and the size of the remaining tumor they couldn't get at,... a small price to pay when looking at so many others with this type of affliction (over 17% of the population have pituitary tumors,... the majority of which go misdiagnosed due to lack of awareness in the medical community). Having spent the last 4 years living with this, meeting others with similar disorders, and researching it,... I'm a miracle!

In any case, I do six pumps of androgel every morning and definitely miss it when I don't (forget/rush out),... within a day and a half, my energy level drops significantly and it's a struggle over the next couple days to bring it back to 'normal' levels,... In addition to testosterone supplementation, I'm also on HGH,... which honestly isn't nearly as noticeable day-to-day as androgel,... The one thing I have noticed over the last four years, is the rising cost of prescriptions and treatment,... Thanks President Obama,... you dumb-ass,...

Ry

What's wrong with injections every 2 weeks? My initial numbers were 350 but I was tired all the time and could not gain any weight. I just started injections, in fact I get my second injection tomorrow. I feel a little better but looking forward to the second injection to see if it builds on the first.

The problem with injections every 2 weeks is in keeping your levels regulated. Most injectable testosterone supplements last around 5 days before their levels start to dissipate some. You can get by with once a week and have consistent enough testosterone but if you are injecting only once ever two weeks then the levels are gonna end up fluctuating drastically over that time. You should not stretch it more than once a week.

Wish my beer gut would go away!

Stop drinking beer!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist that one. Calories in vs. calories burnt. Change your diet and eat more fruits, veggies etc. Somehow you need to find a way to burn more calories via some sort of aerobic excessive.

check out my OP for a bit more info here:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-fitness/115185-low-testosterone.html

I did Androgel (I call it AndroHell) for about two years...it did little for my T levels; it is also super expensive as compared to injections, and much of the T in the gel is converted to DHT due to the 5 alpha reductase in your skin. DHT is not bad for you, at the right levels, but when it is too high, you get the negative side effects of it. Hair loss, acne, etc...

Also, with AndroHell, you have to be careful with the transference issue: no skin to skin contact, wash all laundry/towels separate from rest of family, etc...oh yeah, God forbid you go to the gym and sweat! Your shirt will be sticking to your shoulders!

Level is much easier regulated with 2-3x week injections; this aids in maintaining consistent T levels as well as, mitigating the T to E2 conversion.

Good luck.

I used four pumps of 1.62, each day and it worked well. In 2018, I had a long vacation in Europe, so I switched to Testosterone Cypionate injections. TSA doesn't like all those Androgel bottle in luggage. The injections are better for me, because it's once a week and I don't have to worry about showering before, etc.
Be aware that if you're sick and need to take corticosteroids, with testosterone, your hemoglobin levels can get very high. I had seven weeks of corticosteroids in January and February and had this issue. I had to skip some test injections for my hemoglobin levels to come back down, enough so I could resume donating blood, as usual.

I used four pumps of 1.62, each day and it worked well. In 2018, I had a long vacation in Europe, so I switched to Testosterone Cypionate injections. TSA doesn't like all those Androgel bottle in luggage. The injections are better for me, because it's once a week and I don't have to worry about showering before, etc.
Be aware that if you're sick and need to take corticosteroids, with testosterone, your hemoglobin levels can get very high. I had seven weeks of corticosteroids in January and February and had this issue. I had to skip some test injections for my hemoglobin levels to come back down, enough so I could resume donating blood, as usual.

Pellets seem the best for me. Tried everything. Testicular cancer years ago caused complete elimination of testosterone. I have to pay out of pocket every six months, about $700. No peaks and valleys. Best decision I ever made. Been doing it ten years now. I would not go back.