• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Android Shooter App

lima27

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Yes, I know there is a huge thread about this already so before anyone post "go read it," I have. Its a lot of "You should add this" or "change that." What I would like to know is how accurate it is, specifically the density altitude feature. I cant find any reviews about it online. What I am wondering is if it works very well, do I need to spend the extra money on a Kestrel 4500 that does the same stuff. The only extra feature the higher priced Kestrels have over the lesser models is the density altitude, and I cant justify spending the extra $200-$300 on something that the Shooter App does already.

Re: Android Shooter App

Get the Kestrel, your phone can't measure the required parameters, it has to pull them from somewhere else. Somewhere that you are not shooting.

Re: Android Shooter App

It pulls DA from the nearest weather station, how accurate that is for your position depends upon where you are.

If you don't shoot in very remote areas then you may not need a kestrel. A 4000 will. A 4000 will also give you DA.

As far as data, shooter has been extremely accurate for me. Put good numbers in and it will give you good numbers back.