• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Angelina Jolie's favorite rifle

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Check this out:

I never knew she was such a big fan of my rifle
smile.gif

Re: Angelina Jolie's favorite rifle

Keep her and I"ll take the rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SAR-48? </div></div>

Nope. But very close. It's a SAR8, the SAR48 is an FAL, the SAR8 is a G3. Both rifles at one time had the Springfield Armory ban era thumb hole but stock.

you can have the wack job, I'll keep the SAR8 and change that damn stock

Cool pic!

I thought you were selling your HBCS a while back?? The rifle is a Springfield Armory SAR-8 HBCS (Heavy Barreled Counter Sniper) for anyone not in the know.

Hopefully you came to your senses and decided to hang onto it...if for no other reason than to refer people to Angie's boobs for a "pic" of what your rifle looks like!!
wink.gif

I need to get behind her and show her how to line up the sights!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess its an age thing.

I wouldn't know what to do with her or the rifle.

Guess I'll just keep my Winchesters and Wife.

I have never figured out the big deal with her....now Angie Harmon, that lady is fantastic and she leans way right to boot

Seeing the FAL mentioned above, makes me wish I still had mine...

Nope,Sar48 is much better weapon, Sar48 are licensed FN built in Brazil using all new parts and hammer forged barrels, my SAR48 is MOA capable.. The semi auto factory Sar48 pistol grip where stopped by the 89 import Ban, after that they where SAR4800 thumbhole with neutered status untill 94 and no more are imported. Whats in country is it..

Last edited:
My guess is a post ban version of a HK 91

Close...it is a Springfield Armory SAR-8 HBCS (Heavy Barrel Counter Sniper)...for those with reading comp issues, I already said this before over 5mos ago in this very thread (post #10 above). ;)

The rifle was based on the original HK91 series rifles, built in Greece by SA on OEM HK tooling and imported/sold as their SAR-8 series rifles on for a couple of years before the ban, during the transitional period. This particular rifle is EXTREMELY rare with total production numbers thought to be ~200 (although that's debatable as I've seen other sources report that upwards of 800 were made...I HIGHLY doubt production was that high, but either way...they are RARE). They are phenomenal rifles and are capable of sub-MOA accuracy in the right hands with suitable ammo, optics, etc.

Last edited:
Whats the number on it been? my dads had 3 of Sar8-hb 48, 113(last one i think) and 78. He finally put a scope on that a nxs 5.5-22 but he doesn't like the fact he can't lock the bolt back.