• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annealer options

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    So let me start off by saying I am poor. I'd love a $1000 annealer, but I just can't justify that kind money with the amount I shoot.

So I'm looking at an the EP 2.0 or annealeez.

Anyone use either or both? Pros and cons? Any other options out there that are on the cheaper end?

Thanks fellas

Question is how poor are you? I mean when I first started reloading I used an angle drill I got at a yard sale a deep socket a torch and tempilaq...we're talking $50 bucks back then. Then I bought an annealezz then an AMP....at the end of the day they all accomplish the same thing some just do it faster and maybe a little better.

Ugly annealer or make your own are also cheap and just as effective as the annealez

Here's mine

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_084446.jpg
      IMG_20200307_084446.jpg
      994.9 KB · Views: 41
    I got a burstfire because I needed a case prep station as well. It works as advertised, but probably not much different then most other flame annealer. So find one that has options you like and go with it.

Reactions: Old Corps 8541
    Question is how poor are you? I mean when I first started reloading I used an angle drill I got at a yard sale a deep socket a torch and tempilaq...we're talking $50 bucks back then. Then I bought an annealezz then an AMP....at the end of the day they all accomplish the same thing some just do it faster and maybe a little better.
    I shouldn't have said that. Lol, I mean, I just want to keep it around $300 and under. Question for you. How long does the tank last in the annealezz would you say?

I shouldn't have said that. Lol, I mean, I just want to keep it around $300 and under. Question for you. How long does the tank last in the annealezz would you say?

Depends a little on what your annealing but if I remember correctly it was a 4-6 second count for lapua 6CM...I use to use tempilaq on the inside necks of 10-15 cases...run 3-4 to set the time and then drop one in every 15-20 cases to make sure things were staying the same or close to it.
    After awhile of using it I got comfortable enough that I'd run 5 cases with the tempilaq once the timing was good I'd just load it up and let it run...also if I remember correctly the yellow tanks ran hotter than the green(coleman)and blue tanks did so a little faster with the yellow tanks.

$ 300.00 That's about my limit as well, maybe $ 330.00 (+-) if I set it up to use one of my fish frying , gas powered smoker 20 # bottles.
    You just to weigh the plus and minus's of the ones in the $ 300.00 price range, the two you mentioned and The Ugly Annealer.
    ie;
    1. S&H , free or $$
    2. Does it come ready , meaning complete just minus a bottle OR do you have to buy something , like a torch ?
    3. Ease of use , meaning how many cases at one time , 50 (+-) all about the same. Say 100 +, how comfortable can you get where you set it up at , feeding one case at a time , ie; EP-2 , OR do you prefer one with reservoir ?
    4. What are the details in the warranty offered ?

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    God forbid a duplicate question gets asked. Imagine coming into a forum to just talk shit to strangers...feel bad for you man. Hope your day gets better. Also I asked to compare and contrast the two annealers. Couldn't find any information on this. Nor any information as to why they picked them. Just people saying what they use. So clearly it is your reading comprehension skills that are lacking...not mine bud
    Maybe , BUT that's why God gave me a brain , the ability to think for myself, search out , in this case , u-tube video's showing all the units in use and then being able to decide for myself.
    And , asking a specific question and expecting answers specific to your question , here or on any forum , NO way. To many
    EX-spurts that want to "hear them self's talk".

Maybe , BUT that's why God gave me a brain , the ability to think for myself, search out , in this case , u-tube video's showing all the units in use and then being able to decide for myself.
    And , asking a specific question and expecting answers specific to your question , here or on any forum , NO way. To many
    EX-spurts that want to "hear them self's talk".
    I guess we see differently. Watch one YouTube video, of one guy who promised he wasent paid to say the things he says, (which I do) or get a view from the masses. I agree. Alot of things on here are just regurgitated, but either way you have to so
    sift through to see what's best.

Check out the AGS annealer. I don’t have personal expert with it, but it looks well thought out and made for its price.

Pretty sweet looking annealer and great price but I think I'd still go with the annealezz or something that I could load and it feed itself.

I like the looks of the EP 2 and the adjustability without having to buy anything extra. Plus it doesn't have plastic wheels, but the self feed on annealeez is a huge plus.

Reactions: YotaEer
    I like the looks of the EP 2 and the adjustability without having to buy anything extra. Plus it doesn't have plastic wheels, but the self feed on annealeez is a huge plus.
    I annealed thousands of pieces of brass on the AE and never an issue unless it was self induced.

I annealed thousands of pieces of brass on the AE and never an issue unless it was self induced.
    Absolutely, my issue will be self induced. Do you find it easy to set the flame in the same spot every time? As well as having the same amount of flame?

Absolutely, my issue will be self induced. Do you find it easy to set the flame in the same spot every time? As well as having the same amount of flame?

Yes or close enough unless your anal then its just simple fine tuning plus I think the AE has been upgraded quite a bit since I owned one so pretty sure the torch head stays with the machine?

just checked its a $10 dollar upgrade to have the torch mounted to the machine.

Few thousand rounds for 1lb. Been using my annealeaze for 2 years. Probably annealed 15k cases. It works. Id love to have a amp but they're way too proud of it

So let me start off by saying I am poor. I'd love a $1000 annealer, but I just can't justify that kind money with the amount I shoot.

So I'm looking at an the EP 2.0 or annealeez.

Anyone use either or both? Pros and cons? Any other options out there that are on the cheaper end?

Thanks fellas
    For $100 you can make one

Went with an ugly annealer. I almost bought a burst fire, but I'm happy with the ugly, so far

Went with an ugly annealer. I almost bought a burst fire, but I'm happy with the ugly, so far
    I looked at the Burstfire but decided it had too much going on. I have a brass prep station. Very happy with the Ugly. I am going to rig a regulator/gauge at some point though.

I looked at the Burstfire but decided it had too much going on. I have a brass prep station. Very happy with the Ugly. I am going to rig a regulator/gauge at some point though.
    Same on both points. Have all the parts to make a regulator, just have to do it. I don't have a prep station yet, that's why that was so tempting.