• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annealing

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
Recently obtained a Mauser in 8mm Mauser. All the ammo I find is rather pricey for flinging downrange, or it is corrosive. I have a good supply of 30-06 brass that I want to turn into 8mm M, but I do not have the means to anneal it.
Any one in the Dallas Ga area, within 30-40 mi, that can do 200 rds for me?

Norma, Rws and seller&belliot makes factory brass for reloading the cartidge, it is probably the easiest solution to your problem.
If you want something cheaper Prvi also makes brass for it, but the quality is so so.
And if an old mauser with original barrel make sure it is indeed a 8mm,(. 323) and not the original spes that was 8.07 mm Vs the current 8,2.

Recently obtained a Mauser in 8mm Mauser. All the ammo I find is rather pricey for flinging downrange, or it is corrosive. I have a good supply of 30-06 brass that I want to turn into 8mm M, but I do not have the means to anneal it.
Any one in the Dallas Ga area, within 30-40 mi, that can do 200 rds for me?

If you will pay shipping both ways I can run them through my Giraud for free.
USPS Priority medium flat rate will run you $11 each way. PM me if you're interested.

I use 750 degree Tempilaq.
700 degrees may not anneal it properly unless it is held at that temperature for a while.
"The critical time and temperature at which the grain structure reforms into something suitable for case necks is 662 degrees (F) for some 15 minutes. A higher temperature, say from 750 to 800 degrees, will do the same job in a few seconds."

Last edited: