• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annoyance from the past, surprised my old login still worked! Any old friends still here?

Rafael

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2003
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Hello to all. Its been a while. I think it been more than 5 years since I last logged in.
Any old guys still lurking? You may remember me, a minor annoyance most of the time, and a major one some of the time.
Hope al are doing well! Cheers!
Don't see any of my old threads, guess time has passed me by!
Speak up if you recall me......I don't hear as well as I used to. :)

February 2003......Damn I still remember watching the live coverage of the Space Shuttle Columbia as it burned up and broke apart on re-entry. It was surreal listening to the announcers giving the back to back reports, all the while the screen just showed the burning debris trailing through a sea of dark blue.

@Rafael I vaguely remember that you liked to work on some of your own stuff and posted some of the projects....like you and many others, I lost posts in the various transitions and updates. Some of the "Old Hands" like Two Shoes and Graham are gone as far as I know, some others like boltripper are still here....

pretty sure pre-scout had like button. I was mostly trying to push his buttons, see if he is as big of an asshole as he claims.
Don't take my word for it, but I bet there are at least a few around who would apply that label to me, likely even Mr. Galli. LOL
I don't recall a like button back then, I seem to recall everyone going by post-count as a finitie measure, but quality info as the real measure.
Doubt I will succeed in a world measured by "likes". LOL

February 2003......Damn I still remember watching the live coverage of the Space Shuttle Columbia as it burned up and broke apart on re-entry. It was surreal listening to the announcers giving the back to back reports, all the while the screen just showed the burning debris trailing through a sea of dark blue.
Yes, I was in Mexico during the Challenger failure. Long time ago!

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
@Rafael I vaguely remember that you liked to work on some of your own stuff and posted some of the projects....like you and many others, I lost posts in the various transitions and updates. Some of the "Old Hands" like Two Shoes and Graham are gone as far as I know, some others like boltripper are still here....
Yes, sir. Still do. Working on my own stuff keeps me somewhat sane. Would die if not for it.
Still rocking the Savage 10FP 308, a few AR's, and a few pistols.

Two Shoes and Graham are gone? Hopefull just from the site, and not from the mortal coil.

Rafael is only a good name if you are a mutated turtle....otherwise you sound faggy and European....might want to work on that.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
Luv is in the air

1550537491074.png

Boltripper! Recall that gent.
if I recall correctly, he got the name tearing bolthandles from Rem700's. Solder is not a reliable fastener for mechanical devices.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
LOL
Last I checked, I believe I had about 14,000 posts. Inflation?
Hell, the Dual Focal Plane Reticle thread I started in 2007 or so would almost get me to my current total.

Reactions: Snipe260
I was watching the shuttle launch from outside my work in Fla. or I should say that all of us were. After, the disaster, we all just quietly turned and walked back into work. It was a quiet night that night. Shook us all up pretty good.

Oh, and I’m pretty new here too, only here since 2012, but welcome back nonetheless.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I remember ya, how you been doing? Major changes from back when, some good, some otherwise. Site has morph'ed somewhat an a few extra rooms to gather in. However un-like days gone by, high top boots on standby, is SOP now,...

Reactions: Alphatreedog
@Rafael
Same boltripper. Some have new names similar to their old name (lost password maybe), some other people post with a "style and knowledge base" similar to some old hands, but if it is them ,they are choosing anonymity, for good reasons I guess...

Didn't you make your own plastic zerostops way back when and post about it? it is the only thing my analog hard drive can seem to recall other than general recollections about gunplumbing posts....

I was watching the shuttle launch from outside my work in Fla. or I should say that all of us were. After, the disaster, we all just quietly turned and walked back into work. It was a quiet night that night. Shook us all up pretty good.

Oh, and I’m pretty new here too, only here since 2012, but welcome back nonetheless.
A sad day. I was on vacation with my ex and her family in San Carlos. Was glued to the TV for the morning. We were all a little numb.

I remember ya, how you been doing? Major changes from back when, some good, some otherwise. Site has morph'ed somewhat an a few extra rooms to gather in. However un-like days gone by, high top boots on standby, is SOP now,...
Good to see a familiar handle! Hows it been man?
Yes, it looks anew. Not seeing many familiar handles. Lots of extra rooms. Is Frank Galli still the owner?

I remember you. We don't shoot MOA anymore. A .224 and above need a brake now. The BC is obsolete. Chassis panties are the shit.
.224 and above needs a brake? LOL
That's fucking hilarious! You will have ot bring me up to speed on chassis panties. I can only guess. LOL

@Rafael
Same boltripper. Some have new names similar to their old name (lost password maybe), some other people post with a "style and knowledge base" similar to some old hands, but if it is them ,they are choosing anonymity, for good reasons I guess...

Didn't you make your own plastic zerostops way back when and post about it? it is the only thing my analog hard drive can seem to recall other than general recollections about gunplumbing posts....
Yes, sir, that's me. Was making them for my Bushnell 10X. Still have it, and the zerostops. Have not mounted it on anything in years.
I also made that scope ring with the bubble level built-in. Must seem pretty old-school today. Good memory!

Good to see a familiar handle! Hows it been man?
Yes, it looks anew. Not seeing many familiar handles. Lots of extra rooms. Is Frank Galli still the owner?
Yes Lowlight still owns the place. There are a few of us still here, many were run off by FNG's. Others got tired of the FNG's B/S. Some have passed away, some have new screen names.

We all go through life processing thousands of memories each day...but some things we can look back, years upon years back, and it will still be as clear to us as if it happened yesterday.

I was in 10th grade when the Columbia tragedy happened. Had a science fair project due and was working on the display material.............Turned on the TV news just wanting to see what was on. The Shuttle had already disintegrated by then and the pieces were still in high altitude flight far above the Midwest. There is an unexplainable feeling of very heavy weight on top of you, when you are watching the footage and know that an entire crew of people had perished...only hours before they were to land and see their families again. And knowing that just hours ago, the children of these brave souls had been telling their friends and peers: "Do you know that my Daddy / Mommy is an ASTRONAUT?", with beaming smiles on their faces...It is painful.

Last edited:
Yes Lowlight still owns the place. There are a few of us still here, many were run off by FNG's. Others got tired of the FNG's B/S. Some have passed away, some have new screen names.
Good for him! The Scout thing didn't do much for me, but this seems more like the old Hide.
I still recall how impressed I was back then, and still today, with the gents I met here. Lindy, Doc76251, and too many others for my old ass to recall.
I learned so much on this site! Really learned! Killer info and discussions!

I cn only think of one more legendary.......Nobody!
What ever happened to him?

I'm pretty sure he's still over at 24 Hour Campfire trolling under sock accounts. VJJ was also pretty funny how he would just randomly show up in a thread and call someone or everyone a cocksucker.

Reactions: gunjunkie45