• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annual Competitions By State

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Does anyone have a fairly comprehensive list of annual "tactical/field" competitions that I can build into an alphabetical BY STATE listing for people to look up and gain insight into?

New competitors (myself alike) seem to only have prior knowledge of an event if a.) Registration is UP or b.) They or a close friend have shot it before.

I'd think if a shooter interested in competition shooting could look up his/her state and surrounding states, he or she may be more likely to be able to plan ahead to attend as well as do their research on the particular event (granted, we all know 99% of the time the COF changes from year to year) and therefor be more likely to put forth the effort to attend such a match.

I'm not sure if its out there, but if anyone has a listing of competitions (even if just the competition name) we could throw together a listing to make it easier to find whats going on in your area than to search/sift through the pages of the forum.

More shooters competing can only be a good thing...

PM me or just post it here and I'll get to work on it
sleep.gif

Will be working on this one state at a time, unless you want to take your state and PM me the schedule for that state and I'll add it
smile.gif

(If a state is in <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">RED</span></span> and you know of matches that need to be listed for that state, please let me know. The broach of my search is either through personal knowledge of that event or through a search on the hide with that state's name.)

---------------------------------------------------------------

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Alabama</span></span>
-Hard Rock (Schedule Available by Mailing List)
-Brocks Gap Training Center Precision Rifle Match
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Alaska</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Arizona</span></span>
-LRPRS - TPRC(Monthly)
-Az PRC
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Arkansas</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">California</span></span>
-NCPPRC Events
-Sniper Craft's "Sniper Week West"
-Ca PRC
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Colorado</span></span>
-Colorado Rifle Club Long Range Precision Rifle
-Colorado Run & Gun Running SH Event Page
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Connecticut</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Delaware</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Florida</span></span>
-K&M Precision Rifle Competition
-North Florida Precision Rifle
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Georgia</span></span>
-Creekside Firing Range
-Gunsite Hills
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Hawaii</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Idaho</span></span>
-Chosen Frozen (Oohrah!) New Years Shoot
- S.E. Idaho HTD LR Precision (POC Captian Moroni?)
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Illinois</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Indiana</span></span>
-Hillside Shooting Sports
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Iowa</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Kansas</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Kentucky</span></span>
-Kentucky Precision Rifle Challenge
-Mammoth Sniper Challenge
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Louisiana</span></span>
-Louisiana Tac./Prec. Rifle Challenge SH 2012 Event Page
-FPR (POC RStewart/Ritten)
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Maine</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Maryland</span></span>
- Mayberry GPA Precision Rifle Series ([email protected])
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Massachusetts</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Michigan</span></span>
-Marksmanship Training Center LLC
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Minnesota</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley
-GRRC Minnesota Rifle Shooting

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Mississippi</span></span>
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Missouri</span></span>
-Midwest Rifle Masters Benefit Challenge
-Big Piney Sportsmans Club
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Montana</span></span>
-Sage Flat Steel Challenge SH Event Page
-StillWater Tactical
-Last Chance Handgunners
-Patomac Rifle Match
-Ice Breaker Shoot
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Nebraska</span></span>
-Eastern Nebraska Gun Club
-Weeping Water Gun Club
-Smack The Smiley

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nevada</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">New Hampshire</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">New Jersey</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">New Mexico</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">New York</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">North Carolina</span>
-Woody's Designated Marksman Match
-Carolina Tactical Group LLC - Sniper Golf

<span style="font-weight: bold">North Dakota</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ohio</span>
-Rayner's Sniper Challenge
-Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match

<span style="font-weight: bold">Oklahoma</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Oregon</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Pennsylvania</span>
-Black Hat Training Corps UKD Sniper Challenge www.BHTCorps.com
-Reade Range Sniper Challenge
-Factoryville Monthly
-Wolf Precision

<span style="font-weight: bold">Rhode Island</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">South Carolina</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">South Dakota</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tennessee</span>
-Precision Tactical Solutions

<span style="font-weight: bold">Texas</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Utah</span>
-Utah Shootouts

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vermont</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Virginia</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Washington</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">West Virginia</span>
-ASCMatch

<span style="font-weight: bold">Wisconsin</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Wyoming</span>

Re: Annual Competitions By State

Pennsylvania:
Black Hat Training Corps UKD Sniper Challenge (Spring, Summer, Fall)
Reade Range Sniper Challenge (Spring, Summer, Fall)

Ohio:
Rayner's Sniper Challenge (Spring, Fall)
Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match (Spring, Fall)

this is a great idea...just stating the name of your match in the subject line does not help when new shooters are looking to compete. The state should be there as well.

The Arizona group out of Phoenix is LRPRS. We also host the annual Tactical Precision Rifle Challenge (TPRC) every February.

North Carolina: Woody's Designated Marksman Match Fall/Spring (Apex, NC)
(I think you've been to this one)

Sniper Golf: Was in June this year, they usually do this at least once a year in (Maxton, NC)

Thanks for the help guy.

Yeah Gray, I've been looking for some matches like that up here but haven't had a whole lot of luck, granted I've only been here for a few months now.

Cropins, I'll get the whole thing put together and go back and make it look pretty.

Add Mammoth sniper challenge to Kentucky, Yearly, beginning of january.

Also add Allegheny Sniper Challenge to West Virginia. Spring and fall.

Also add Wolfe Precision to Pennsylvania.

...Would love to see this thread take off and get very comprehensive!

Been hoping for something like this for a year or two. Getting too hard to find what you want.

It looks like a link to a website or specific contact info at least, is the way to go.

Utah Shooting Sports Council website has a list of shooting organizations just in Utah. About 60 or 70. It's too hard for one person to keep all them up to date, let alone all over the country.

Each organization will have to keep their own calendar up to date. Wouldn't hurt to see what is going on in similar events in a certain areas.

Hope this works out.

Add M&M Tactical to south dakota summer. Long range out to 1300 and run and gun pistol AR match 5 miles south of draper SD

New Mexico:

Thunder Beast Team Challenge (fall)
Steel Safari (late spring)

Parma Idaho
The first Saturday of every month they have a practical precision rifle match.

How could we forget the Snipers Hide Cup??? Held in Douglas Wy last June. I sure hope it stays there for future matches. Awesome venue!

Ronin Combat strategies does the Long Range Steel Bash in Como, MS. He's a member on here also.

NJ. Has the Department of NJ Marine Corps. League Carlos Hatchock Match annually in October at the Cherry Ridge range. Also, CR has a "tactical" every few months.

guilford county sniper match held by guilford county sher. office

also gastonia sniper match in gastonia NC

both matches are local NC and open to any LEO or military. they also allow 1 sponsor team to shoot each year

Thanks for the info. This is just what I've been looking for. Hope to find some more Missouri competitions though.

Washington State-

Findlay Cup
Kettle Falls Steel Challenge
NCWGC-Monthly matches
Spring and Winter Field Shooters Challenge
JC Steel Target Challenge

Texas
Lone Star Challenge
Rifles Only Bushnell Brawl
NTRP PRS Match
Tiger Valley Sniper matches

Washington:
Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club near Eatonville, WA (about 40 minutes S.E. of Tacoma)

Matches are the first Saturday of each month.

We shoot primarily (98%) on steel out to about 540 yards, using various props like barricades, parapets, doghouse, small shooting boxes, from field type positions. We usually have at least one stage in the match that involves some prone shooting, but most shooting is from supported field positions. Entry fee is currently $20, and all first time shooters have to attend a one time orientation/safety briefing that begins at 08:30 the morning of the match. Match starts at 10:00. No bullets with any ferrous content allowed, and maximum power level are cartridges similar to the 30-06, and 8mm Mauser. If your round is close to either of those, you are good to go. We have one fellow shooting a 7mm SAUM, but the velocity for his ammo is only 2900fps.