• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anodizing aluminum receiver gloss black

mnshootr

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2005
NW MN
I've got an Remington 572 .22 rifle where factory glossily anodizing had mostly wore off the receiver. A local anodizing shop tried to re-anodize it but it ended up with a flat matte finish.

Does anyone know of a anodizer with the skills to return this to a proper gloss black anodize?

I may end up cera-coating it if I have to.

No, it is an aluminum receiver and trigger guard. The 572 is a pump action 22 long rifle.

I've got an Remington 572 .22 rifle where factory glossily anodizing had mostly wore off the receiver. A local anodizing shop tried to re-anodize it but it ended up with a flat matte finish.

Does anyone know of a anodizer with the skills to return this to a proper gloss black anodize?

I may end up cera-coating it if I have to.
My shop uses Danco to anodize titanium and aluminum although everything that’s been black anodized has been a mat non reflective finish. They did a nice glossy orange/copper anodize on some alumintpart for us, The work and turn around time have been good