• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anonymous Claims Control of Iran's Gov't Servers

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/03/anonymous-claims-control-of-iranian-govt-servers/

Hackers claiming to be part of protest group "Anonymous" published on Friday over 10,000 internal emails from the Iranian government's ministry of foreign affairs, as part of an ongoing campaign against the authoritarian regime.

The emails were published to torrent file sharing website The Pirate Bay, along with usernames and passwords. Members also claimed they had taken control of the government's servers.

In a chat with Raw Story, members of Anonymous on the #OpIran server said they were leading the charge because they want Iranians to know they're not alone in their struggle against the regime of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

They also pointed to a declaration of intent to attack the Iranian government, which they published to YouTube in February.

Apart from the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the hackers said they were targeting servers containing information about the Kahrizak detention center in Iran, a notorious site human rights campaigners have raised alarms about for years.

The group also claimed it had hacked servers belonging to the government in Dubai, obtaining about 100 account logins.

Anonymous is reportedly planning another cyber attack on the Iranian government to coincide with the election's anniversary.

The Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website was still offline at time of this writing.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WzCetIiWcw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WzCetIiWcw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Anonymous Claims Control of Iran's Gov't Servers

sweet

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I downloaded the archive and most, if not all of the emails appear to be related to Visa applications.
Of course, it's typical for the group to gain access to a lower level server like this and then make their way up the ladder with the information they gather from each step.

Here's a random email from the archive of over 10,000 files.

CUU5n.jpg

Sometimes you hate these guys then they do something you really like. The finance stuff is the most important as it will give the paper trail to the money laundering and financing of evil.

I fucking love Anonymous. They've really turned a new leaf. Before they just did dumb shit, but now, they've gotten pretty damn serious.

According to some bullshit DOD reg, I cant "support" them, but I can sure as hell cheer them on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fucking love Anonymous. They've really turned a new leaf. Before they just did dumb shit, but now, they've gotten pretty damn serious.

According to some bullshit DOD reg, I cant "support" them, but I can sure as hell cheer them on. </div></div>

It doesn't help there reputation though when everybody claims to be them after a cyber related indecent. I personally feel there a lot better than many people say they are.