• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another airport near-disaster

Cardboard55

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2021
PA
Not gonna call it a near miss because they did miss, but not by much. Ambulance driver decides to beat plane across runway:

In other airport news...

68928145-11884107-image-m-19_1679377919862.jpg

Best comment so far:

"Mayor Pete will be there to investigate as soon as he recovers from his hysterectomy"

ESG/Diversity hiring? What could go wrong.

Still can't believe that diversity pilot that was known to panic and start hitting buttons killed everyone on that plane.

Reactions: Mwalex
When you lower the standards this is what you get. On the plus side you have to feel good about giving a person a job who isn't qualified but checks the boxes for race and pro-nouns.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Audio here:

More near-mayhem this month

Will post any of note in the future (no more runway incursions unless it's a doozy)

The majority of the tower voices seem to have something in common but I can’t put my finger on it………

I remember being on incidents like this - was flying on Nations Air into Pittsburgh - low enough on landing to clearly read he letters/numbers on the runway - when we shot up at a very steep angle up all of a sudden and proceeded with a go around. Had one on Midwest Express (my personal all-time favorite airline) but it wasn't quite as drastic. As stated above, I think they have been happening all the time with some frequency just not captured with video or reported; then again there may be an increase soon due to DEI as Tucker exspoused recently.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
None of these types of events are 'new'.

All of these recent events are sensationalized by media to get your clicks and views and shares.

Maybe.

Or maybe the old goats that built and ran the system have moved on, and a new generation has taken over.

ESG/Diversity hiring? What could go wrong.

Still can't believe that diversity pilot that was known to panic and start hitting buttons killed everyone on that plane.
When was this/airline flt #?