• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SEA-TAC aircraft hijack / theft?

If an FBI Agent has the skill set to investigate conspiracy than he must certainly have the desire and willingness to conduct a conspiratorial coup against a duly elected President.

Check. Mate.

My best guess, a whole new wave of background checks and random background checks. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw mental health screening. This guy was not even a pilot, but pilots will suffer the most. Then some one will invent a boot for the tires to be put on planes while on the ground at a agate hangar or hard stand and it’s use will be mandated.

They already have locks for the control sticks.
Their real purpose is for setting up parameters of the control surfaces.
To turn them into a security device would be pretty simple.

They will soon come up with the Smith and Wesson trigger lock for airplanes......so only authorized people will be able to fly planes.

It will be for the children.

Every pilot out there will be wondering if his biometric trigger lock is going to fail mid flight and shut down the aircraft or auto pilot to a deserted area and instigate a crash to eliminate the threat.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Funny thing is some Airbii *are* yellow (looking at your Gawd-awful livery, Spirit).

My employer locks the chocks on our jets...kinda like a big nosegear The Club. "Not one has been stolen yet"...and its a real gas when the locks freeze in winter and/or somebody loses the chock key.

Reactions: Barneybdb
We always carried door locking bars in our Huey's in case we had to leave them unattended.

Should have just taken the Jesus Nut with you each time you left :)

Looks like Michael Moore's Christmas morning ruined.

Reactions: Barneybdb
My brother used to work for Alaska/Horizon doing the exact same job that this guy did, only at PDX instead of SeaTac. My dad also used to fly the Q400 for them before he retired,and almost certainly has flown the involved plane before.

The team that this guy was a part of is a small crew of people, only like 15 at each airport. Their job includes towing the plane when needed so they are all trained how to go in the cockpit and turn on all the systems, though they don’t fire up engines. My brother’s take was that it would be VERY easy to take a plane like this. Suspect that this guy had some rudimentary flight training in order to get it in the air and fly around, but it wouldn’t take much.

Everyone hired has done all the background check stuff, and when you have people that work on the planes and move them around you can’t exactly lock the plane up so no one can touch it.

They already have locks for the control sticks.
Their real purpose is for setting up parameters of the control surfaces.
To turn them into a security device would be pretty simple.
I’m not going to discuss security procedures of aircraft as it is technically SSI. I was being a bit fecisious of course because I know congress and the FAA will overreact to the situation.

My brother used to work for Alaska/Horizon doing the exact same job that this guy did, only at PDX instead of SeaTac. My dad also used to fly the Q400 for them before he retired,and almost certainly has flown the involved plane before.

The team that this guy was a part of is a small crew of people, only like 15 at each airport. Their job includes towing the plane when needed so they are all trained how to go in the cockpit and turn on all the systems, though they don’t fire up engines. My brother’s take was that it would be VERY easy to take a plane like this. Suspect that this guy had some rudimentary flight training in order to get it in the air and fly around, but it wouldn’t take much.

Everyone hired has done all the background check stuff, and when you have people that work on the planes and move them around you can’t exactly lock the plane up so no one can touch it.

Meh, not like it hasnt been done before and with trickier aircraft....

Granted this persons IQ was exceptional as based on his choice of service...

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-tale-of-when-a-marine-mechanic-stole-an-a-4-skyhawk-1745015819

Somehow our fuckups like Charles Whitman, Lee Harvey Oswald and L/Cpl Howard Foote just cant keep themselves from saying "Hold my Beer, watch this" than show casing their trained skills.

and the army had Shawn Nelson to compete with us.

Pretty sure there was an episode where a US Marine ground crew was warming up or servicing and F4F Wildcat or maybe a Bearcat had the aircraft throttle up on him and take off. Might have been prepping it for drone service.

He didnt have the skills of these other guys and yet still If I remember right ending up getting talked back down.

I just tried to Google it but couldnt find the reference.

Was I imagining this? I recall to many details for me to have dreamed it up.

Pretty sure there was an episode where a US Marine ground crew was warming up or servicing and F4F Wildcat or maybe a Bearcat had the aircraft throttle up on him and take off. Might have been prepping it for drone service.

He didnt have the skills of these other guys and yet still If I remember right ending up getting talked back down.

I just tried to Google it but couldnt find the reference.

Was I imagining this? I recall to many details for me to have dreamed it up.

My bad.

I remember now.

It was a Hellcat or Bearcat that took off on its own and flew around a populated area of California creating the condition that they couldnt shoot it down because it might crash in a populated area.

Ill try that Google track for better info.

My bad.

I remember now.

It was a Hellcat or Bearcat that took off on its own and flew around a populated area of California creating the condition that they couldnt shoot it down because it might crash in a populated area.

Ill try that Google track for better info.

Here is the event.

Pretty disastorous in the end.

Kind of we had to destroy the village in order to save it. In the end the drone crashed on its own with no injury or damage other than that caused by the remedy.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Palmdale

I’m not going to discuss security procedures of aircraft as it is technically SSI. I was being a bit fecisious of course because I know congress and the FAA will overreact to the situation.

Don’t forget the about Thousands Standing Around. They were above and beyond with the stupid at DEN the last two days.

and @1J04 has not been heard from.......

lol I was gonna post this event up real time when a buddy of mine up there texted me saying "guess what's happening up here?". Said the jets were hauling ass past his place on the water and someone stole a plane from SeaTac. Crazy shit fo sho. God love'm for not making his shit anyone else's. Could you imagine if he'd have dove into SafeCo Field during a Ball Game? Son of a Bitch.

But no, not me. I've been busy filming "Barnyard Follies III" (Behind the Barn Door). :LOL:

Reactions: RNWRKNP
lol I was gonna post this event up real time when a buddy of mine up there texted me saying "guess what's happening up here?". Said the jets were hauling ass past his place on the water and someone stole a plane from SeaTac. Crazy shit fo sho. God love'm for not making his shit anyone else's. Could you imagine if he'd have dove into SafeCo Field during a Ball Game? Son of a Bitch.

But no, not me. I've been busy filming "Barnyard Follies III" (Behind the Barn Door). :LOL:
Whats the sequel "Cow Fisting for Dummies" ? Or "Larry does the Sheep herd". :)

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
I used to hang engines on Southwest 737’s for a living (for BF Goodrich) and after we were done and had them all trimmed out we would have to do high-speed taxis we take them out to Paine field and run them up until the nose gear came off the ground and then we’d pull the power back and taxi back to the hanger 2 mechanics doing this, it would’ve been simple to put another 10 knts on the nose and lift that airplane off......

I used to hang engines on Southwest 737’s for a living (for BF Goodrich) and after we were done and had them all trimmed out we would have to do high-speed taxis we take them out to Paine field and run them up until the nose gear came off the ground and then we’d pull the power back and taxi back to the hanger 2 mechanics doing this, it would’ve been simple to put another 10 knts on the nose and lift that airplane off......
We used to do high speed taxi's too at the commuter airlines where I worked for things like "nose wheel shimmy". Then some of the pilots bitched about it, and we had to get a pilot to do that for us after that.

FWIW, when commuter crews had to stay on duty as many as 14 hours and be scheduled to fly for up to 8, and be in the air even more if some factor came to bear (weather) some would write some BS thing up to get an extra long lunch break. Uh...yeah, it happened. "Nose wheel shimmy" was one of those that often got "CND" (could not duplicate) sign-offs. Or, have to have a bag audit done because the aircraft "went nose up too fast on takeoff" Not exactly enough weight to make a difference when the plane was only half full. Rampers would have known if too many bags were over the 75 lb. limit. But, with the previous pilot, there was no mention or problem with the aircraft, so it didn't just suddenly happen.

On a separate note, what the n-number 473? If so, I think I worked on the plane back i 2012

Last edited:
Whats the sequel "Cow Fisting for Dummies" ? Or "Larry does the Sheep herd". :)

Ok, back off topic for a minute. My apologies right out the gate.
For your information, smarty pants, you're close. It was "Berger Does Bulls" last friday. Missed videoing it by mere minutes. A buddies 1500-1600 lb Bull attacked one of his Horses. Don't ask. Did everything he could to stop the carnage, including one crack of his 7MM into the ground near them. Next two went in his brain box. Horse is ok, Bull is curing in the Walk Inn. THAT woulda been prime viewing. But I'm good with Prime Rib. :oops:

Reactions: FS1 and RNWRKNP
Ok, back off topic for a minute. My apologies right out the gate.
For your information, smarty pants, you're close. It was "Berger Does Bulls" last friday. Missed videoing it by mere minutes. A buddies 1500-1600 lb Bull attacked one of his Horses. Don't ask. Did everything he could to stop the carnage, including one crack of his 7MM into the ground near them. Next two went in his brain box. Horse is ok, Bull is curing in the Walk Inn. THAT woulda been prime viewing. But I'm good with Prime Rib. :oops:
It's happened more'n once. Think of some high dollar stupid bitch who pays to get her cutting horse trained so she can compete in cuttings of yearling steers, think a bull is just as easy to work... Ruined a $10K horse back in the '80's. What a bull don't like, a bull don't put up with. And stupid people thinking their fancy cutting horses will work bulls need to get knocked out of the saddle a time or two. It takes a pretty intimidating cutting horse to work range cows too.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
It's happened more'n once. Think of some high dollar stupid bitch who pays to get her cutting horse trained so she can compete in cuttings of yearling steers, think a bull is just as easy to work... Ruined a $10K horse back in the '80's. What a bull don't like, a bull don't put up with. And stupid people thinking their fancy cutting horses will work bulls need to get knocked out of the saddle a time or two. It takes a pretty intimidating cutting horse to work range cows too.

I hear ya. The Bull busted outta his enclosure and then thru a hot fence into the Stallions pasture and went to work. May have been jealous after hearing for the enth time, hung like a horse. I dunno, but it was bad. The first 168 didn't even knock him off his feet. Brutal.

Somebody needs to take a cockpit shot of a pair of velcro sneakers ...
Challenge complete

B825F03E-B00C-49B8-BF37-5CD89C1A45CC.jpeg