• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Another big buck for 2012

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I have some customers on a hunt at the Timberghost ranch and they shot me this photo this AM. "Ginger" the 284 has struck yet again!

2012-10-12_082244.jpg

Re: Another big buck for 2012

WOW....... I am at a loss for words

I can appreciate the animal for what He is, but taken in high fence, to each his own. Nice rifle!

$30,000 plus I.V. fertalization + High fenced ranch = Unimpressed!

I get it... People paying $10,000+ for a hunt want results, and braggin rights!

Is it legit... IMO hell nah!

Wow! Nothing like the 120Lbs bucks we have around here...

I need a new lease

Beautiful deer... How many is Ginger up to now?

Do you have a moose in there breading with your deer? Thats a good looken buck!

Ginger (the rifle) has taken well over 20,000 inches of bone. Who ever said the 284 was a slouch never hunted with one set up correctly . There are lots of customers who don't even bring a rifle up there b/c they plan on hunting with Ginger. I wasn't much on high fence til I got inside one ;-)

20,000 inches of pen raised bone?? That is still 100 200" deer. Quite impressive, bordering on unbelieveable... hard to imagin dozens of "hunters" not caring to bring thier own rifle when paying that much for a hunt....

Beautiful Animal!! Too bad shooting game in a fenced ranch is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I have to agree. It is a very nice deer but it is only that way because it was unnaturally bred to be so, protected by a high fence,and fed unnatural food. Not that impressive when you add it all together.

Well I'm impressed either way.
I'm an avid bowhunter and rifle hunter. I rarely even shoot the little piss ants we have around here b/c I don't see the point unless it's a slick head. That being said I've never found myself raising my nose at a giant whitetail. Fact is the fences are mainly there to keep an inferior breed from getting in and messing with your mojo. It's not really the other way around. it's not like they are getting pumped with steroids. They are just eating good food and they get big with the right diet just like any animal or person for that matter.

It's always the age old debate. I'll stand up for the record and state that I'll shoot ever MFer on that ranch with a smile on my face. I enjoy just getting to see them b/c it's something that most people will never have the luxury of laying their eyes on. That's why it's different and special in my eyes.

Sorry if that rant rubbed anyone the wrong way. I just think it's hard to judge unless you've seen it in person. It's not what most people who feel negatively towards it would expect.

That is an awesome buck, but you are basically buying your trophy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20,000 inches of bone???
</div></div>

Yes,
That 284 has put over 20,000 inches of antler on the wall.

You are paying for the opportunity to hunt but not purchasing a deer as implied. It's just like paying for a guided hunt anywhere. They just have plenty to shoot at. The one we shot last year hadn't been seen in weeks but we happen to catch him. If you don't shoot a deer you don't pay for the hunt just room and board.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$30,000 plus I.V. fertalization + High fenced ranch = Unimpressed!

I get it... People paying $10,000+ for a hunt want results, and braggin rights!

Is it legit... IMO hell nah! </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10,000 acres is the SCI rule for the book right? </div></div>

Boone & Crockett nor Pope & Young recognize any animal taken from a fenced operation, no matter how large the acerage. They have to be free range.
The Indian Reservation I am planning to hunt buffalo on is 55,000 acres. Does not count.