• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Another bipod forum I know

[email protected]

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2012
Im Looking to get a new bipod for my SRS, whats your favorite.

Options:
1.) Harris "s" notched
2.) GG&G
3.) Accu-shot

Problems I have with each one.
1.) harris seems to jump more and does not "load" as well
2.)GG&G looks really heavy, and have never shot with one, load well?
3.) accu-shot doesn't swivel which makes leveling your rifle that much harder, it does load very nice though.

So what do you think my best option is!

Re: Another bipod forum I know

Maybe I'm not understanding your post about the accu shot. Your talking about the Atlas? Mine mine swivels you just have to turn the tension knob down a bit.

yeah the atlas sorry. what model do you have? I thought they don't swivel! how many degrees does it swivel and how does the swivel compare to the harris's?

to use the right terminology.. I mean do they cant? I know that they are able to pan.

I just got my Atlas bipod and I see what all the hype is about.

The Atlas bipod is basically on a ball joint and will turn or cant just about any way you could want.

Mark from Short Action Customs apparently gave me a SH discount on top of shipping it for free.
Awesome, just awesome.

Joe

The Atlas is great and worth the little bit more money over the Harris. Stuff I like about it that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the legs are more adjustable and it can come with a picatinny mount.
The Harris being quicker to deploy is its only advantage but with practice you can deploy the Atlas pretty quick (if that's even an issue for you)

I will be using it for hunting so quick deployment would be nice. When you switched from a Harris to Alta's did you notice and shrinking of your groups because of the free motion back and forth?

I have never used an atlas, but they seem to have a cult like following . I guess i need to check one out sometime. The comment that they cost just a little more then a harris, i guess if by a little more u mean double. I can get a 6-9s or 9-13s for just a little under $100, add a $23 kmw podloc or $13 eabco podloc and it locks onto the swivel that is on practically every forend. The atlas costs about $200 and needs a rail installed on the forend(unless it is a quad rail). What does it cost to mount a rail on a forend? Is there an atlas that mounts to a swivel stud? I had a Sinclair bipod, while solid, it deployed similar to an atlas according to pics I have saw. The Sinclair was slow compared to a harris.

Yeah I wish Altas came out with a "hunting" version, quick spring loaded deployment, be able to mount to a stud and rail, and have little longer legs.

I just ordered an atlas and can't wait to try it out. I used harris for so long I thought something new would be nice.

I have used Harris bipods before and am waiting for my first Atlas and spigot adapter for the chassis. From what i've heard, I won't want to go back to anything else.

I just got my Atlas in today; I got it from Mile High. I have never used a Harris so can't help you with that. The only thing I can say is the head part (part that pans and cants) is TIGHT AS SH!T! I called Mile High thinking it must be a defect but was told that they are just that damn stiff.

Other than that it looks to be a great piece of gear. Also for me I think the legs deploy fast enough.

The atlas can be tightened and loosened for stiffness as far as pan and cant. That is what the round disc type knob is for on the bottom of the mount. I believe if you turn it in the direction of the arrow marked, it stiffens the movement.

The Atlas is on my short list for my Savage. It will probably be my first purchase after April 15th.

I am resigned to the fact of having to purchase the rail to go with it for use with my B&C stock.

Yes, tightening in the direction of the arrow does stiffen it up. However, what I was saying is it doesn't seem to matter which way the knob is the thing is stiff as hell and cannot be moved by your fingers alone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MichaelCox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, tightening in the direction of the arrow does stiffen it up. However, what I was saying is it doesn't seem to matter which way the knob is the thing is stiff as hell and cannot be moved by your fingers alone. </div></div>

It takes a little while to break in and then you will be able to use the tension adjustment. Just got mine and it is great.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul