• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Another Cobra

Re: Another Cobra

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">soooo when do i get to take it for a spin? </div></div>

Dude.I've seen the bumper on your S2000,I'm thinking.......................NEVER!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">soooo when do i get to take it for a spin? </div></div>

Dude.I've seen the bumper on your S2000,I'm thinking.......................NEVER!!! </div></div>lol why you gotta hate? it's fixed now...lol

That is gorgeous! My wife loves those cars just not the price tag I tell her it is only money all the time
smile.gif

Dave that car sure would match my Bike same paint job, tell the guy Ill take him PDog hunting for that car! LMFAO

Very sweet ride

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave that car sure would match my Bike same paint job, tell the guy Ill take him PDog hunting for that car! LMFAO

Very sweet ride </div></div>

Your bike next to it would make a very cool photo

Dave, that car is NICE, I had one in 85, it had a 427 super CJ, did not have the cash for a proper restore since I was 18 at the time,drove it for a year, rain or shine, I had a lawyer buy it from me, then the restore was done, I still see the car at shows.

Super nice ride. I love the look of that car. I'd like to someday do something similar but I don't think it would ever be that nice.

My buddy took me for a ride in one of these cars the other day, it had 427 badging on the side.That car applied some serious G forces to my arse. Very nice cars

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What engine and tranny set up? </div></div>

427 Side Oiler,Salsbury rear,Tremec </div></div>

That's sweet it's got a legit 427 in it! I love the old FE's, my dad has a '69 Mach 1 428CJ and my buddy races a '68 Mustang fastback S-Code (originally a 390), with a 427 High Riser and Jerico 4-speed. Lot's of FE love at fordfe.com

Factory Five Racing kits start at $12,900. Complete kits that only need motor/tranny/wheels/tires and paint go for less than 20k.

with a stock 325hp 5.0 and 5 speed stick from a mustang they run 0-60 in 3.6 and a 12.3 1/4 mile and pull over 1.0g on the skid pad. and thats with only 298rwhp.

I can't imagine one with 680rwhp, thats just effin nuts!

I always wanted one when I was younger. 2 years ago I found one for sale, and also found out that being 6'4" puts my line of sight above the windshield. FML.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always wanted one when I was younger. 2 years ago I found one for sale, and also found out that being 6'4" puts my line of sight above the windshield. FML. </div></div>

This one was built for a guy 6'5 290. The driver seat was replaced with a racing seat that sat lower and further back allowing him to sit comfortably and below the windshield.

Kirkham Cobras out of Provo Utah build these cars. When they began,they shipped a real 427 SC Cobra to Czechoslovakia and had the entire car dissassembled and cad cammed. Then they hired out of work aerospace engineers and rebuilt the car using modern technology and materials. ALuminum,CF,Stainless,Magnesium etc. The Original body bucks were used to make a aluminum body as well. Some say these cars are superior to the original,but do not have the value of the original. Motors are spec'd by the buyer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always wanted one when I was younger. 2 years ago I found one for sale, and also found out that being 6'4" puts my line of sight above the windshield. FML. </div></div>

LMFAO

Good ol 'FML' drops make me laugh

Sick ride... was up at Road america in the spring for the vintage races and saw an original hand signed by Carrol shelby on the glovebox. FWIW though, Id rather have a clone so i could beat it up and not feel bad.

Sick car.... with 680 i can only imagine how fast it is. Whats the gearing? whats the rear tire size and model? Thing has gotta be ridiculous.

Dave,

Like I said on the phone to you. I have always wanted one of these.
Beautiful ride. So when do discerning customers get to take a car like that or Serbu girl for a spin.....LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave,

Like I said on the phone to you. I have always wanted one of these.
Beautiful ride. So when do discerning customers get to take a car like that or Serbu girl for a spin.....LOL </div></div>

When the check clears.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sick ride... was up at Road america in the spring for the vintage races and saw an original hand signed by Carrol shelby on the glovebox. FWIW though, Id rather have a clone so i could beat it up and not feel bad.

Sick car.... with 680 i can only imagine how fast it is. Whats the gearing? whats the rear tire size and model? Thing has gotta be ridiculous. </div></div>

Added a pic for you

Kirkhams build awesome cars and have TOP NOTCH customer service... and I say that as a Shelby CSX dealer! Well, I guess we're probably considered an "unofficial" Kirkham dealer as well. We've built both... currently doing a CSX4000 series (427) and a CSX7000 series (small block FIA car).
We've been restoring Shelby and Boss mustangs and cobra's (real ones) for over 30 years... if anyone is interested in such things or services let me know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65mm06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Factory Five Racing kits start at $12,900. Complete kits that only need motor/tranny/wheels/tires and paint go for less than 20k.

with a stock 325hp 5.0 and 5 speed stick from a mustang they run 0-60 in 3.6 and a 12.3 1/4 mile and pull over 1.0g on the skid pad. and thats with only 298rwhp.

I can't imagine one with 680rwhp, thats just effin nuts! </div></div>

My wife's cousin sells Factory Five. Took one for a spin a while back and that was a blast but I can't imagine 680 at the wheel either.

How difficult was it to find the 427SO? Don't think it would fit but I'd love to see a SOHC in one.

Met a guy in Helena MT when I was going to school there who had a stupidly impressive collection of FoMoCo muscle. I couldn't choose a favorite but I remember clearly the 2 KR Boss 429's, 427SOHC Fairlane/Galaxy and twin 427 AC's.

My wife just looked over my shoulder and said that she wanted this car I told her ya Tucsondave is a lucky guy and showed her some of his other posts, she said hes not lucky he's a pervert.
I think I would take either as a compliment. Nice car

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife just looked over my shoulder and said that she wanted this car I told her ya Tucsondave is a lucky guy and showed her some of his other posts, she said hes not lucky he's a pervert.
I think I would take either as a compliment. Nice car </div></div>

I'am a very lucky pervert.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">150,000 wow, how much more is a real Shelby Cobra? </div></div>

427SC's have sold for 1 million,289 FIA for a bit less

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How difficult was it to find the 427SO? Don't think it would fit but I'd love to see a SOHC in one.

Met a guy in Helena MT when I was going to school there who had a stupidly impressive collection of FoMoCo muscle. I couldn't choose a favorite but I remember clearly the 2 KR Boss 429's, 427SOHC Fairlane/Galaxy and twin 427 AC's. </div></div>

I read an interview with carrol shelby one time. the interviewer asked why he hadn't ever put a 427SOHC in a cobra and he simply said "I didn't have the balls."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
johnl said:
150,000 wow, how much more is a real Shelby Cobra? </div></div>

Between 500k and 1mil

The only surviving 1 of 2 "Super Snake" cobras sold a couple years ago at Barret Jackson for 5.5mil. They had an 800hp twin turbo 427so with (can you believe)an automatic tranny.

The other Super Snake oroginally sold to Bill Cosby, who was so scared to drive it that he returned it to Shelby. the second owned was killed when he lost control on the Pacific Coast Highway in california and crashed into the Pacific.

I've heard rumors that it was salvaged several years ago from the bottom of the ocean and was sold to a restoration shop somewhere in great britan.

The supersnake was twin paxton supercharged... an automatic was needed to modulate that sort of power in such a light car. The "bottom of the ocean" story is plausible.

289 FIA cars have sold for as much as 2.8 mil (csx2128, the "hey little cobra" team car). My boss sold his team car csx2138 for 1.3 mil.
2341, the ken miles car, is probably valued at 5m+.
The 427 SC's will never be worth as much as 289 cars with history. Another thing few people know is 427's never came with side oilers originally... they were all center oilers, and some were 428's.
427's never won a single race as team cars... all the early victories against ferrari were 289s. The 289 daytona's started getting all the attention and development as a racing platform before the 427's could take hold, and then after one experimental 427 daytona was built Ford told Shelby to start concentrating on the GT40's.
The bulk of historical cobras and GT40's are split between Miller Motorsports Park (Owned by the late great Cobra fanatic Larry Miller) and the Shelby American Collection in Boulder, CO. Many of the cars in boulder are also owned by the Miller family. Larry believed these cars should stay in the US and remain on public display, and many of them are still raced. CSX3032 owned by Larry Miller holds the fastest lap ever in a cobra at Road America at the hands of racer Bill Murray, who also happens to be the mechanic/enginebuilder/bodyman etc. for many of these cars. The guy is a friggen genius with these cars.
If you are in Boulder, check out the museum... it is amazing.
www.shelbyamericancollection.org

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jj302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The supersnake was twin paxton supercharged... an automatic was needed to modulate that sort of power in such a light car. The "bottom of the ocean" story is plausible.

289 FIA cars have sold for as much as 2.8 mil (csx2128, the "hey little cobra" team car). My boss sold his team car csx2138 for 1.3 mil.
2341, the ken miles car, is probably valued at 5m+.
The 427 SC's will never be worth as much as 289 cars with history. Another thing few people know is 427's never came with side oilers originally... they were all center oilers, and some were 428's.
427's never won a single race as team cars... all the early victories against ferrari were 289s. The 289 daytona's started getting all the attention and development as a racing platform before the 427's could take hold, and then after one experimental 427 daytona was built Ford told Shelby to start concentrating on the GT40's.
The bulk of historical cobras and GT40's are split between Miller Motorsports Park (Owned by the late great Cobra fanatic Larry Miller) and the Shelby American Collection in Boulder, CO. Many of the cars in boulder are also owned by the Miller family. Larry believed these cars should stay in the US and remain on public display, and many of them are still raced. CSX3032 owned by Larry Miller holds the fastest lap ever in a cobra at Road America at the hands of racer Bill Murray, who also happens to be the mechanic/enginebuilder/bodyman etc. for many of these cars. The guy is a friggen genius with these cars.
If you are in Boulder, check out the museum... it is amazing.
www.shelbyamericancollection.org

</div></div>

I lived in Boulder from 89-90. When did the museum open?

Thanks, Dave!

I worked in the Dominic Republic with the factory mechanic for the original AC Cobra race team. Brilliant mechanic. The 427SO was a powerful and fun car with some serious issues. Not the least was a problem keeping its ass on the course. I would hate to think that somebody took the time to remanufacture the original frame geometries (suspension and engine placement) what a waste that would be! Those that I am aware of that went about the process of serious engineering on the Cobra changed things much for the better and were rewarded with a reasonably stable car that could actually take a corner at speed. THis was all before computers, one built it and raced it and fixed it and built it and raced it and fixed it. As Dave said, it became pretty clear that something more was needed.

I have fond memories of my time spent in a Cobra. I am 6' plus and, well, the whole world would climb inside for the ride!