• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another CZ topic

Arch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2007
fake
www.chinesefortunecalendar.com
Looking for glass for a CZ 452 American Classic. Looking for input about best mounting and info about glass ranging from affordability to cost does not matter. Last week, talking to a Texan that is a member here, I found out there are some .22 fanatics here.

Re: Another CZ topic

Mine wears a simple Leupold Vari-X II 3x9x40 in Weaver bases that I JB Welded to the scope mounting grooves (I don't like things to even think about moving). At some point I'll probably send it off for turrets, but it makes a great plinking rifle as is.

I had a Nikon 4.5x14x40 AO on it at one time, but it made the rifle too top heavy for my tastes. The lighter, smaller 3x9x40 fits it better in my opinion.

CZ452-22.JPG

Mine wears a Super Sniper 10x. I had to take this scope a couple of years ago when I bought a rifle - part of the "package". I put it on my CZ when I got it because all my other scopes already had homes. The adjustments are mushy, but the glass isn't too bad. Plus it does have a Mil reticle for hold overs/unders - which since i've got it zeroed at 50 yards I don't plan on touching the turrets.

CZ452.jpg

I recommend that you start with a HotRod9mm rail(under $60 with standard or 20 moa built in) which will set up your rifle for quick repeatable scope mounting with a wide choice of rings. This is my American 16" threaded with a Burris 1.5X5($200) in QR Burris rings. The small Burris is excellent for "woods walking" quick shots from 10 to 50 yards. I also have a Nikon 6X18 Mil Dot($300) in the same QR rings if I want to work at longer ranges. If, you go with more magnification than the 5X it is important to have an adjustable objective to set parallax. You will love the CZ. Regards
CIMG0744.jpg

US Optics also makes a 20 moa rail for these. Depending on the model they are 11mm or .5"...They run $130 from USO. Have one coming my way on a convuluted deal...someone else bout the rifle, I am buying the rail and some extra 10 round mags from the buyer of the rifle.... These CZ's are awesome! I outfitted the school where I was a principal at's FFA rifle team with them and bought one for myself as I was helping coach the team. One young lady earned a full boat scholarship to NC State using one going up against multi-thousand $$$ set-ups!

+1 on that, they track well to, making them good glas for a 22.

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teo74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver V-16 Excellent glass for the money

matts015.jpg
</div></div>

I run a Leupold VX-III Tactical 4.5-14.40 AO with Mildot reticle mounted in the factory rings. Plenty of power, repeatability, helps with training on mildots, and it's never moved. The factory rings are plenty solid.