• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Another digger on his way home for the last time..

larcie

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2011
Another digger on his way home for the last time....
http://images.defence.gov.au/fotoweb/Gr ... h=11120551

I though some of the guys on this forum would appreciate the love and respect shown by his mates from Sniper Plt.

Check the images of a send off "Ramp Ceremony" for their mate.

I haven't seen such a personalised and moving ceremony in the military before.
An outstanding effort by his mates.

Rest In Peace mate,

Re: Another digger on his way home for the last time..

Broken
frown.gif
link

I found the URL:
http://images.defence.gov.au/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?archiveId=5003&search=11120551
I'll even host a couple images in honor of the fallen Private Matthew Lambert.

The soldiers of Mentoring Task Force – Three, other Australian personal and coalition partners farewelled their mate, Private Matthew Lambert at Multi-National Base Tarin Kot, in Uruzgan.
Private Lambert was killed in an explosion on Monday morning.
In a simple, poignant ceremony, held in the base gymnasium, his mates gave their fallen comrade a fitting farewell as he began his journey home to Australia.

20110825adf8114832_001.jpg

Mates of Private Matthew Lambert form a Bearer Party and move his casket into the Memorial Service at Multi-National Base Tarin Kot, Afghanistan.

20110825adf8114832_004.jpg

Private Matthew Lambert's casket is draped with the Australian Nation Flag.
Placed on the flag are a wreath, slouch hat and a yowie suit signifying his sniper trade.

20110825adf8114832_005.jpg

Private Matthew Lambert's sniper mates form an honour guard around his casket during a moving Memorial Service at Multi-National Base Tarin Kot, Afghanistan.

20110825adf8114832_015.jpg

Soldiers from Mentoring Task Force – Three patrol next to the Australian Light Armoured Vehicle carrying the casket of recently fallen mate, Private Matthew Lambert.
They slowly make their way through the honour guard to the waiting RAAF C-130 Hercules at Multi-National Base Tarin Kot.

20110825adf8114832_049.jpg

Close mates of Private Matthew Lambert say their final goodbyes after the ramp ceremony at Multi-National Base Tarin Kot, Afghanistan.

Thanks Dr Phil for posting them up.

This is the PURE definition of the word : "HONOR"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the PURE definition of the word : "HONOR" </div></div>

Amen to that. RIP and a fitting tribute to his brave sacrifice!!!

further proof that the aussies are still more awesome than us..

here in america we would have been called war mongers for this

rest in peace lambert, you earned it..

I just cut and pasted this from an "Australian " Muslim on face book on the 22 August at 21:39 "GOOD NEWS O' UMMAH! Another Australian terrorist killed in Afghanistan today and the attacks against the illegal state of Israel continue. May Allah give victory to Islam! Ibrahim" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sharia4Australia/200025936711133

This is the kind of SCUM we have in our country and are let to post this kind of treason. Can all on face book report this prick to have him ban.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 64C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just cut and pasted this from an "Australian " Muslim on face book on the 22 August at 21:39 "GOOD NEWS O' UMMAH! Another Australian terrorist killed in Afghanistan today and the attacks against the illegal state of Israel continue. May Allah give victory to Islam! Ibrahim" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sharia4Australia/200025936711133

This is the kind of SCUM we have in our country and are let to post this kind of treason. Can all on face book report this prick to have him ban. </div></div>

very sad.

R I P........what a tribute by his team!!!!