• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another email from the nra

Northfl

Keepin the lights on
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2018
Jax fl
NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

If it wasn’t bad enough that YETI dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, now they’re calling us liars because we informed our members and friends of their actions.

The NRA Foundation has over 1,100 “Friends of NRA Committees” around the country. These committees host banquets and auctions that are attended by hundreds of thousands of guests each year. These events raise funds to support charitable causes and programs. The NRA Foundation supports the needs of youth programs for education, safety and training, as well as law enforcement needs, shooting ranges and conservation programs.

For many years we have purchased coolers from YETI for our auctions. We have auctioned off many thousands of YETI coolers each year. YETI recently dropped The NRA Foundation as a client. Not only would they not take our orders for more coolers, they forced us to cancel orders already in the system that they said they would not fill.

Three days after we notified you of YETI’s decision to drop The NRA Foundation, YETI issued their prepared statement in which they admit they dropped us but claim they simply eliminated the discount program and dropped other (unnamed) organizations as well. That’s news to us.

Perhaps the people writing YETI’s damage control statements are not talking to the people who enforced YETI’s decisions and refused our orders. We had even offered the YETI Roadie in one of our sponsorship levels for 2018 – which we’ve had to cancel.

We told you the truth.

YETI’s attempts at damage control is to say our statement is not accurate. Shame on you again YETI. You know you made a mistake. A big one. Now you must live with your mistake.
ilaLogoFooter.jpg
FOLLOW NRA-ILA​
© 2016 National Rifle Association of America, Institute For Legislative Action. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030.
Please do not reply to this email.
Unsubscribe from this email list | Manage your email preferences
Thank you!

1.gif

Reactions: ArmyJerry and 1J04
Well, as I said in another thread, companies should be able to create mutually beneficial partnerships and then cancel them without a big brouhaha when they prove to no longer be beneficial. If Yeti had said "Hey NRA, we love you but it's not working between us. It's not you, it's me. Let's be friends," no one would have blinked. If the NRA's response had been "Oh snap. My bad. We really over reacted, but we get it now, just business" all would have been forgiven. But, for fuck's sake, this is turning into an episode of Jersey Shore. I'm no huge fan of the NRA-ILA as I feel they are often jousting windmills, but this response from the NRA makes Yeti's non-apology apology look really bad. It's bad when you step on your dick, worse when you don't learn from the experience.

Does anyone know if Orca has stepped on their dicks in this realm? Surely the other premium cooler manufacturers have learned that silence is golden, right?

Does anyone know if Orca has stepped on their dicks in this realm? Surely the other premium cooler manufacturers have learned that silence is golden, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't know any thing about Orca, for the time being I'll stick with the made in the USA (and better quality) Pelican coolers.

I just pulled the trigger (so to speak) on a Pelican 35 and 70. The specs look better, we'll see how they do in real life. (well as real as my life gets)

Was thinking Yeti until this, now I’m thinking Pelican. Was not aware they made a cooler and thanks?

I just sent a message to Yeti regarding this entire fiasco. I sincerely wish they had allowed more than 1,000 characters for the message. I didn't need much more than they allowed. I really wanted to wish them the best of luck with their new target demographic. Below is what I sent to them:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Recently I wrote to you expressing my concerns regarding your decision to sever your ties with the NRA.

I pointed out that in the past I purchased your products for gifts and raffle prizes. I personally own several of your products, and until this incident I highly regarded your products.

Unfortunately, as a company, you seem to have lost sight of the demographic of your customers. As an individual, I only own a few of your products; however as a member of a larger organization, we are responsible for a not insignificant purchase and promotion of your coolers and add-on accessories.

I've read your response to this situation both in the response you sent to me and others, and your refute of the NRA notice to it's members.

I am very disappointed in the response and having to sever our relationship.

Tonight I have initiated a relationship with one of your competitors, Pelican, and hope it will become mutually beneficial.

Pete

I believe it's pelican that is offering to donate some $ from every college purchases to the NRA. Some promo code. I'll have to look it up

Yeti flew under the wire for years on their bullshit, thanks to a very well run promotional campaign that somehow made it cool to flaunt a sticker on your truck, all under the guise that they were a good American company who made their shit here at home. I could never bring myself to drop hundreds of dollars on a cooler, not when my cheap but American made Igloo or Coleman coolers do the job for my purposes, including keeping ice for several days while camping out while attending matches.

Many, including myself, have found out as a result that they produce their products offshore in Asia. I think it's insane to spend $30 on a basic coffee cup in the first place, but then find out it's made in China AND that expensive? What the fuck is that bullshit? They try to qualify it on the bottom by stating "Designed in Texas". Who gives a shit, it's a fucking coffee cup, how fucking hard can it be to "engineer" a coffee cup?

Coleman, Igloo, Pelican, Rtic, and Orca all make their shit in America, and charge less than Yeti for it. Sure, it isn't cool to put a Coleman sticker on your truck, but I do think it is pretty fucking awesome to put your money into another blue collar American's pocket because you bought a product made by them and not someone 8000 miles away working for peanuts while furthering the trade imbalance their country has with us. I personally think it's pretty fucking stupid to give company free advertising on your vehicle, all while inviting theft because you felt the need to flaunt your high dollar purchase.

Beyond any argument with the NRA, they're a shitty company flaunting American Made when that is only a half truth.

Some have mentioned it shouldn't be a big deal if a company refuses a customer, it's their right. Well, when the reason for refusal is political bullshit and bending to the wind of a group of liberals, their right of refusal just became "giving it in the ass to your customers because the trend of the day said so".

The NRA should make a big deal out of this and fight back, it's not okay to discriminate against someone or business because of their 2A support, especially if it's the NRA itself. Is it ok to refuse service to a business because they have gay customers?

The left is attempting to cut off resources to pro-2a'ers just as in any war strategh. Whether you're a business or an individual, time to pick a side.

Last edited: