• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another friend has cancer...

Victor N TN

Retired civilian fart
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2002
Knoxville TN
I lost my best friend to kidney cancer almost 4 years ago. Now another friend has been diagnosed. He goes back to the oncologist to find out what they have in plan for him later this week. I've been praying for him and his family. I have asked our church to pray for him and his family. Now I'm asking the members here to do the same. His name is Dennis in Virginia. He's a Vietnam vet and still able to be somewhat active.

Just remember him in your prayers.
Victor

Kidney cancer. He does pre-op testing Friday I think. Then he goes into the hospital for surgery Monday.

Prayers being sent! I, too have cancer (thyroid). I'm recovering from surgery at the moment, then I'll have to go back for radioiodine treatments. I thought I kicked it back in '99 but it came back. Needless to say, no shooting for me for a while.

Prayers for tolerable treatment regimens and clean remissions. Lymphoma survivor 1991, and 1996.

I just lost my stepfather two weeks ago to pancreatic cancer. He went fast after it being diagnosed in March. He was a 20 year Jarhead who started his career in WWII in 1943. I'll miss the old fart although we didn't get along real well.

Damn cancer. It seems like everyone is getting it. Sorry about your friend.

Guys,

I'm sure Dennis will get big blessings from the prayers. I'm going to email him a link to this page later tonight. I had a skin cancer surgically removed just over a year ago. They got it all. But I remember waiting on the pathology report, I was sweating bullets. I'm sure these prayers and comments will help his mental outlook at least.

Thanks again.

I'll be praying for your friend and everyone else. Cancer sucks, I lost my mother from lung cancer; it'll be 4 years ago this Halloween.

Prayers sent, hopefully no spread. If no metastasis the total nephrectomy might be curative.

Prayers sent
Are you praying between the key strokes?
NUpPbea.png
Your concern might seem a little more genuine if you weren't needlessly post-spamming to get to 100. Sad, really.

Prayers sent this AM. Cancer more prevalent due to long life span, but we all meet our maker eventually and not such a bad thing from what those who have had near death experiences report. Everyday is a blessing-never waste one and each day strive to make someone else's day better!!!

Prayers sent, hopefully no spread. If no metastasis the total nephrectomy might be curative.

Yes, the fact that surgery is an option is good. I've had renal cancer twice (in 2008 and in 2012) and had two partial nephrectomies and am (currently, as far as I know) cancer-free. Just had my last six-month scan a month ago. Sucks because it runs in my family and I'm convinced that I'll have it again.

Renal cancer is something that is either pretty curable or is not operable and therefore fatal. If they are doing surgery, it's a good sign.

Dennis let me know last night that he will go in the hospital Monday afternoon and they will remove his left kidney Tuesday morning. They're going to try and save his right as long as is possible. He starts chemo and radiation a couple of weeks after he gets out of the hospital.

I appreciate all the prayers sent his way. He told me that he didn't have many friends that would do that for him. I appreciate him.

Thanks again for the prayers for him.

The upsurge in cancer in this age is at least partly a consequence of better medical care. In short, people are living longer, and encountering more instances where increased longevity places them in an age/risk group where far fewer were alive decades ago.

More recently, and perhaps more controversially, a huge increase in knowledge about micro organisms is leading to an understanding that our current blanket approach to slaughtering everything in sight is having perhaps as many negative consequences as positive. Many of those organisms appear to play a crucial role and targeted in allowing and maintaining good health. This includes organisms that detect and destroy precancerous cellular growth long before medicine can even diagnose it. They operate on a far more delicate and specific pathway to counteract particular ailments than the preceding broad spectrum approaches. They also enlist and sensitize the autoimmune system in ways we are just beginning to understand, including preconditioning that system, and tuning it in the moments during and immediately after birth. It even appears that the practice of caesarean birth may severely disrupt that process' natural path. It may be possible that humanity's included microflora and microfauna might submit to intelligent management and cultivation, and may provide new insight and opportunity to assist in the fight with many cancers and other immune disorders.

This field is still in its earliest infancy.

The human body is far more than its internal organic systems; it is also a collection of symbiotic microorganisms that have become part of the overall system over tens of thousands of generations, without which the overall system cannot function effectively. Taken as a whole, the 'human' cells only constitute a minority within that whole. Cancer may even constitute an unintended response to our previous wholesale, broad spectrum targeting of pathogens and benign organisms alike. Our concoction of antibiotics has followed a path of finding something that destroys specific pathogens; but the real question may be, what else is being stuck down with those broad, broad swords? Are we decimating the real, genuinely effective allies whose presence and purposes we don't even understand? Is deciphering and defining the human genome the end, or the beginning, of the process that understands and aids human health?

Greg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I just got word about Dennis. He's at least conscious and able to speak. Along with his left kidney, they removed a 14.5 pound tumor. They're pretty sure they got it all. But they can't be 100% sure until the get the pathology report back.

Both his family and I want to extend our thanks for all the prayers.