• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Another Halo LR coating coming off

Flip#1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
North Carolina
Just my luck. got the thermal out the safe getting it ready to go hunting Saturday night and the coating is coming off. Ughhhhhh. I remember last year another individual with the same issue. I love the thermal but really I have been waiting to finally go hunting and my gear fails me ughhhhhhh.

Lr
D4FF1911-A99B-4ED3-ACF8-534B6C8425EA.jpeg

what's the image look like? i've never seen that happen on any thermal

what's the image look like? i've never seen that happen on any thermal
I noticed is a bit detailed loss looks hazy. This is not the first halo Lr loosing this coating. I have multiple thermals and this is the only one with this gold tint and the only one I seen do this in the industry. I make sure no chemicals ever ever touch it too.

Mine was the 25mm Halo that chipped, but I can tell you NVision turned that thing around in a hell fired hurry so you might not miss a bit of hunting

It was something nuts like 30 minutes from the delivery notification to NVision to the time I got an email from them with tracking for a replacement.

Call them up

Reactions: Jgunner and Flip#1
I'm really sorry about your problem. Please call our office at 781-505-8360 or email to [email protected] and you'll get set up with RMA # and a shipping label. Comments above about this batch of lenses with a defective coating are absolutely correct. Again, sorry about this.

Just my luck. got the thermal out the safe getting it ready to go hunting Saturday night and the coating is coming off. Ughhhhhh. I remember last year another individual with the same issue. I love the thermal but really I have been waiting to finally go hunting and my gear fails me ughhhhhhh.

So glad I sold mine.

@324matt Care to share more than that? The Halo and Halo LR are extremely popular and it sounds like this was just a defective coating on a batch of lenses. They have a 5 year warranty in comparison to Trijicon's (which I like their products) 3 year warranty. Made in USA. BAE Core. Responsive customer service. What's not to like?

Just would appreciate more feedback from you than "So glad I sold mine." I am looking at a Halo LR in the near future and see very few negative comments. What gives?

@324matt Care to share more than that? The Halo and Halo LR are extremely popular and it sounds like this was just a defective coating on a batch of lenses. They have a 5 year warranty in comparison to Trijicon's (which I like their products) 3 year warranty. Made in USA. BAE Core. Responsive customer service. What's not to like?

Just would appreciate more feedback from you than "So glad I sold mine." I am looking at a Halo LR in the near future and see very few negative comments. What gives?
Ill pm you

Reactions: liaisons
I'm really sorry about your problem. Please call our office at 781-505-8360 or email to [email protected] and you'll get set up with RMA # and a shipping label. Comments above about this batch of lenses with a defective coating are absolutely correct. Again, sorry about this.
Now that's Customer Service ! (y) (y) (y)

I tried it and it just wasnt for me. So I sold it. And now I shoot a different brand of thermal.
So..... you sold yours because it wasn't for you.
Totally cool to do that with any product.

However throwing your post "So glad I sold mine" into this thread is bad form and out of context in my opinion.

./

Andddddddd this is why I have two of the halos now.

OP sorry for your bad luck, I'm sure they will make it right.

Reactions: Concrete shooter
Glad to see good customer service on a 7.5k device. These seem to be one of the best if not the best thermals right now. Id buy one if I had an extra 7.5k to waste. I'm not in TX so I just cant justify it right now when I have no hogs to kill.

Flip1 I'm glad to see your getting a quick turn around. Any setbacks can be frustrating but how they are handled makes all the difference to me. When I saw Max posting on here and directly informing people on the product I knew what brand I was going with. A turn around like that is light years ahead of some other companies.
Best of luck

Flip1 I'm glad to see your getting a quick turn around. Any setbacks can be frustrating but how they are handled makes all the difference to me. When I saw Max posting on here and directly informing people on the product I knew what brand I was going with. A turn around like that is light years ahead of some other companies.
Best of luck

I had pretty much decided on halo lr as well.

After reading this post in regards to cs, that sealed the deal with me.

100℅ halo lr now

So..... you sold yours because it wasn't for you.
Totally cool to do that with any product.

However throwing your post "So glad I sold mine" into this thread is bad form and out of context in my opinion.

./
10-4 Kinda rude. Almost like, sucks to be you. Think before we speak.

R/
CBDR

Glad to see good customer service on a 7.5k device. These seem to be one of the best if not the best thermals right now. Id buy one if I had an extra 7.5k to waste. I'm not in TX so I just cant justify it right now when I have no hogs to kill.
There is a used one listed on the classified page for you. Save you some tax and shipping

That's awesome customer service. I have a Halo LR and absolutely love it. The picture is unreal. Glad to see you got taken care of.

Reactions: Terry Cross