• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Another Helluva Day On the Range

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
I dediced to hit the range today to do a little load testing. I just knew the rain would keep the dumbasses at home. There were a couple of guys there who didn't really stick out. Average rifles, average shooters. Nothing special, they had a general idea what they were doing. They were both cool and made sure they were safe. Then I see a guy unloading a pile of shit and start setting up. Noticed his AR and walked over to see what it was. He had an LMT that looked like he won a Cheaper Than Dirt sweepstakes. This dipshit had all kinds of silly shit hanging on his rifle. I asked him how he liked his piston gun and he said it was great, no smoke. Then I saw the scope.....yeah a Counter Sniper. On an LMT!!!!! Oh dear God. He smiled at me with all 4 of his teeth and proceeded to tell me the usual Counter Sniper line of bullshit. Army issue, contract overrun, the whole spill and how much better it was than my cheap ass Sightron SIII. Then his 2 inbred buddies showed up. One had his arms covered him homedone tats that looked like they were done by a drunk chimpanzee. He said he knew me from somewhere. He did. I work for the local S.O. and I told him what cell to go to the last time he was booked in. They tried to boresight the AR with a laser at 100yds in bright sunlight. That didn't work so one of 'em went prone at 25yds while his idiot buddy sat beside him with a spotting scope. They fired a few shots and the moron with the ink walked to check the target (remember they had a spotting scope) while one of 'em stayed behind the rifle looking though the scope! I told the other 2 guys to be careful with these 3 idiots on the range and then carried my ass.

Re: Another Helluva Day On the Range

Stuff similar to this is exactly the reason I stopped shooting at most public ranges. Last time I was at the pistol line at a public range, I looked down the line and couple of gangbangers had a loaded handgun pointed at me trying to eject a stuck round. Shooting ain't worth dying over. I have been on private ranges ever since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> loaded handgun pointed at me trying to eject a stuck round. Shooting ain't worth dying over. </div></div>

I have had this happen a few times, some dip shit trying to clear a jam on a weapon pointed at me.

Hate public ranges

That's great man. I love that shit as it always happens to me. Then there's the belated questions about my gear, and blah blah blah. I usually ignore them unless they kick brass my way or sweep the line. I used to tell them to stop going down range to target check until the line was clear, but now I just let them be the masters of their own destiny. The last time, I was beading up on steel, and what do I see on 15x, round chambered, on fire, finger on trigger, top of breath? A dipshit walking into my line of sight with a staple gun and target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The last time, I was beading up on steel, and what do I see on 15x, round chambered, on fire, finger on trigger, top of breath? A dipshit walking into my line of sight with a staple gun and target. </div></div>

Thin the herd man, thin the herd.
grin.gif

Last fall I was with a fellow hide member at a public range when some guy who I assume was just a hunter nothing else showed up. A few minutes after everyone started firing for some unknown reason I just happen to look over at him and was dumb founded what I saw. I'm only guessing his rifle had a jam or something because he was looking down the wrong end of the barrel. Speechless I only could swipe at my friend then point at the dumbass. The range officer needless to say had a little talk with him. I'm all for justice intervening and taking out stupid people, especially the special kind of stupid ones but not at the expense of a good hobby.

Since Michigan sucks big and gas prices are what they are there are no good private ranges near me.
mad.gif

Flyingbullseye