• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

another reason to change

I just use a no contract flip phone form Target. Verizion unlimited calling for $30 per month. Fuck Google. No remote access from anybody including Uncle whiskers.

It's about time the fbi talks some mentally unstable guy into some terrorist plot, supplies him with burner phones and uses it as an excuse to require user registration.

I saw this coming in the early 90's. In1994 Computer World interviewed me on the topic of personal computers and networking. My take then was that businesses were not getting a positive return on the aforementioned. Moreover, I expressed concerns regarding security and privacy would arise.

After nearly 40 years in the IT industry I had enough, sold my company, and retired. Prior to this IT was executed more in line with scientific precision and professionalism. When it shifted to nearly pure consumerism, much of the foundational professionalism, ethics and TRUST were lost.

It's about time the fbi talks some mentally unstable guy into some terrorist plot, supplies him with burner phones and uses it as an excuse to require user registration.

Then mine goes into a small copper bag.

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for gif of crazy person","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"310","width":"394","src":"https:\/\/m.popkey.co\/7a6c52\/vkDz7.gif"}[/IMG2]

Then mine goes into a small copper bag.

I still keep my Faraday box with me, mine is a simple flip, but there are times it gets boxed for hrs on end. I lived most of my life w/o have a leash, I think I can make it a little longer.

FYI Phones with super-caps can still transmit (or record depending phone)for up to 5 minutes with out the battery being installed. If it's a recording type only, when you power up it sends a burst transmission. Brave new world, they are not called smart phones for nothing.

Yeah, the landscape is getting crazier by the day. It's not long now til I reach the point where I can identify who is calling across my network regardless of what phone they're calling from. That tech will obviously be acquired/independently developed by larger organizations and then things will get really interesting.

Dunno how I ended up here, I fucking hate phones.

Once the NSA gets a/some finished quatum computer(s), security and privacy won't really be a thing anymore IMO. And it most certainly looks to be on the way. Passwords/logins/etc that'd take 50 years to brute force conventionally will be a hour or twos work at best once that tech gets here. They probably won't even reveal they have it lol

Yeah, the landscape is getting crazier by the day. It's not long now til I reach the point where I can identify who is calling across my network regardless of what phone they're calling from. That tech will obviously be acquired/independently developed by larger organizations and then things will get really interesting.

Dunno how I ended up here, I fucking hate phones.

Back in WW II we had the ability to ID a transmitter to the correct ship or Aircraft tail number. Today in the Ham radio world we have the ability to tell you what mfg of radio you are transmitting on, via a scope an pan adapter, even to the point what kind of computer an sound card you are using, to send your SSTV image. The nice thing is electronics work both ways, and are real easy to dick up even if hardened. Sometimes the more hardening installed the easier to get in an own or destroy it.

Back in WW II we had the ability to ID a transmitter to the correct ship or Aircraft tail number. Today in the Ham radio world we have the ability to tell you what mfg of radio you are transmitting on, via a scope an pan adapter, even to the point what kind of computer an sound card you are using, to send your SSTV image. The nice thing is electronics work both ways, and are real easy to dick up even if hardened. Sometimes the more hardening installed the easier to get in an own or destroy it.

Yeah, I hear the guys on the CB talking about that stuff occasionally. So much fun stuff I missed out on growing up when I did, and not doing things I should have done so much sooner in life.

My work is a little different, since we gather (audio) data on tens of millions of folks it's a motherfucker of a challenge to try and pinpoint which asshole is the one doing the talking, and then there's the other part where you've gotta do that for thousands of phone calls simultaneously.

But if you ever call some company and they know who you are before you think they should, you might not be completely wrong blaming me for that.

Last edited:
Once the NSA gets a/some finished quatum computer(s), security and privacy won't really be a thing anymore IMO. And it most certainly looks to be on the way. Passwords/logins/etc that'd take 50 years to brute force conventionally will be a hour or twos work at best once that tech gets here. They probably won't even reveal they have it lol

When? theyve got them now.
[h=3]Pictures of the NSA's Utah Data Center - Business Insider[/h] www.businessinsider.com/pictures-of-the-nsas-utah-data...

Jun 06, 2013 · The NSA's Utah Data ... a million square-foot data mining complex in Bluffdale, Utah, ... get help from the most powerful computer the ...

By a CB and keep it in an ammo can with batteries, when the emp strike hits it will be useful a week or so later.

I tell folks to get into Ham radio, better options and they will learn about how to set a transceiver/antenna/power supply/ up with junk yard items. Even if it's for RX only you can pick up more Intel with ham plus you can RX(receive) CB an most other stuff as well, even am/fm broadcast radio, with some gear mods if need be. Get a Transceiver that will do it all from HF to UHF, or a HF/ VHF an a HT or mobile (UHF)for 2/1.25/440 meters. With ham and some experience you can cut out 99% of everyone for your comms, then with splits another 75% of the remaining 1% then add SSTV (slow-scan TV)into the mix an they have to be almost NSA level to decipher your comms. Even then you switch up every so often and by the time they get you owned your someplace else in the spectrum. Can they locate your transmitter, yes they can but if you burst a digital transmission an move they are still left holding a post hole.
SSTV is where you send photos via radio Freqs Photos can mean nothing or everything depending you SOP.
W/O up to-date Intel about your A/O your operating blind as a bat, an no operation runs w/o secure comms. Ham is a world wide 24/7 information venue w/o spin. Once you get your feet wet, there are other ways of snatching Intel from the air, or talking to whoever you want, when you want. Running false flags on none allocated bands is illegal, but when the rule of law is out the window, the rule of law is out the window. Information is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. Not advocating anything, just pointing out what could happen if it turns/gets sporty.

Can a cheap hm. System fit in a 20 mm can?

Yes very easy, depending your requirements. We have some very basic units that fit a WW II 50 cal can. When you need to operate you just have to unroll an put up the antenna. These are mostly for NVIS (0-50mile) QRP( low power) ops. A 20mm can would allow most anything depending band used an propagation. Remember how battery's were back when, they have gotten better but still are heavy. For team comms LOS (line of sight) gear works good but, the RTO needs to be able to talk to base an team both so his rig would be a little different. Mobile units (like the old PC/Tank/jeep gear can be install in trucks for very long distance. One of my trucks is set up this way for net control, and it will talk most anywhere on this rock depending what mother nature is doing.

They have these really cool aluminum hats that will prevent these type of things.

Always nay Sayers, nothing new really. But if anyone needs/requires a demo I'll be shooting HardRock this Sat. The truck will be there in full operation as well, ask around it's been in operation there before. Won't be hard to spot by the turtle pond bristling with antennas. I'll operate in any mode you want, an log it all on the computer. In fact if you want to bring a video camera you can record it all. Many HardRock shooters are members here, if you can't get there just ask around. Now the balls in your court, nay sayer.

Always nay Sayers, nothing new really. But if anyone needs/requires a demo I'll be shooting HardRock this Sat. The truck will be there in full operation as well, ask around it's been in operation there before. Won't be hard to spot by the turtle pond bristling with antennas. I'll operate in any mode you want, an log it all on the computer. In fact if you want to bring a video camera you can record it all. Many HardRock shooters are members here, if you can't get there just ask around. Now the balls in your court, nay sayer.

Hey old man, you got any junk radios sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere you would part with for pennies on the dollar?

On a related note, does anyone use Duckduckgo?

I heard that it is a pretty good search engine.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Using duckduckgo just adds you to another list and prevents google from seeing as much as they do if you use them directly.

It's actually pretty tedious to browse the web anonymously, but if you're just after using anything but google, it's a fine alternative. I prefer ixquick myself, because of their in-line proxy feature for when I'm looking at shit on competitor websites but can't be arsed to set up bridges to onions.

Hey old man, you got any junk radios sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere you would part with for pennies on the dollar?

Nope those are the ones I look for as well, we have to good Ham-fests close. The one in Huntsville was last weekend and the next will be in Birmingham in March, both have good tail gates, If you find a poor to fair Ameritron ALS 500M Or Astron VS-35M (or bigger) for cheap I'm looking, to repair or spruce them as a backup. In your travels, I'm looking for a mobile 50watt 2/1.25/70cm rig as well, but it has to have all three, working or not I don't care, I'll fix it.