• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes another "wich scope" question

gknittel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2007
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello everybody..
I'm trying to find a scope for my CZ 452 Varmint (22LR).
What would you suggest considering the following restrictions?

Price: no more than $500
Parallax adjustment: YES (side focus preferred over adjustable objective)
Objective: up to 44mm
Reticle: fine crosshairs (not illuminated)
Adjustments: 1/4moa would be great
Power: 3-12 will be enough

Other considerations:

It doesn't have to be a "tactical" scope. I don't need tactical turrets nor mil-dot reticles.

In the future, I might want to move this scope to a heavier recoling rifle (possibly a 308 win) so it must be strong enough for larger calibers.

It will be used for practice (shooting paper, mostly to 50 meters... and sometimes to 100 meters).

What would you buy?
I'd like to hear your comments..

Re: another "wich scope" question

I have a CZ 452 American in 22LR. I went with a Weaver V16 with the 1/8 MOA target dot reticle. I mounted it in a set of Burris signature rings on a Rimfire Technologies one piece base. I have been more than pleased with this setup.

I got the Weaver on sale at Natchez for like $264. Great glass for the $.

nikon monarch 3-12x42 with nikoplex. pretty nice scope for the price. i'm thinking about a 6-24 fine cross hair for my 17hmr.

other than the fact that the cross hair could be thinner, it's everything your asking for

Thanks alot.. I think I will go with the monarch...
Will that reticle (nikoplex) be ok for shooting tight groups?
I've never seen it before... it seems to me that the thiner crosshairs on the center are a little bit thick... I can't find a throug-the-scope picture of this reticle. Thanks again!!

Coming from a Tactical scope bias I'm going to deviate from your restrictions a little just so I can give you the "heads up" on the Bushnell 30mm tube 4200 series 3-12x44 FFP mil/mil.

It's an incredibly versatile rifle scope.Perfectly suited on a 22LR or a centerfire.Seriously a fantastic scope for the price.

It's a medium sized scope,isn't heavy,has very clear glass,tracks well and has nice tactile turrets in .1 mil increments with moderate adjustment range.

IMO...You could spend a thousand dollars more on a scope and not get much more in return for the extra money.I couldn't make this same statement about the various Burris,Leupold,Nikon,Horus and other scopes I've owned and sold the last few years. I have a USO and a NF which are great scopes but the aforementioned scope gives up "very" little to them.

Steve