• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ANPVS-14, Could have choked him

paramil

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
So I ordered myself an ANPVS-14, after years of saving, got the special forces kit, the works. Well you can't have these things shipped over seas. So I had to get it shipped to my family, to in turn get it shipped to me at my present location.

So I finally get it about a month and a half after I order the thing, open it up and start reading the manual. Why, cause its a $3,800.00 piece of equipment. No matter how much time I have used these things in training I still would like a refresher.

So in reading I find I need to install the LIF before using, and not only that it says to always use the LIF when using the NV device. OK, where is this da** LIF and wrench, no where to be found. Well cousin tells me he couldnt stand but to try it out, and of course he didnt read the f****** manual, I mean why would he right?

So know I have to sit on my a**, and wait to get another LIF out here (god only knows how long that will take) so I can test this thing and find out if its damaged. I want to seriously go DI on this kid.

Sorry, had to get it out.

Re: ANPVS-14, Could have choked him

So, what's really being said here, is that you are publicly declaring that you've circumvented ITAR law on a site consisting of a large number of LEO's and Military personnel.

And as a new member with a blank profile AND a generic email contact, you're expecting 'a' let alone 'many' members(s) to feel concern and possibly even support?

Let me see if I've got this straight.

dude, that filter aint gonna make or break that unit. you can use it no problem with out it. it's more to protect the unit from high power ir reflection. flip it on and run it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, what's really being said here, is that you are publicly declaring that you've circumvented ITAR law on a site consisting of a large number of LEO's and Military personnel.

And as a new member with a blank profile AND a generic email contact, you're expecting 'a' let alone 'many' members(s) to feel concern and possibly even support?

Let me see if I've got this straight. </div></div>

I think its time you switched to decaf, I am active duty military, but the manufacturer cannot by law ship this thing to my present location or even to APP/FPO adresses. So just like most military members, when their unit won't supply them with the much needed equipment they need, they buy there own. Don't worry, I researched the law, and its all within good standing there killer.

Good to hear that it won't make or break the unit, but I am still a little weary about even turning it on without the lens.

'killer' huh,

Nice recovery there chief. While I do thank you for serving and appreciate your efforts, the wording you chose to use was more than misleading.

Add to that, your low post count and blank profile. Seeing as there are so many 'new and exciting members' here every day from all over the world it just seemed that this was another "fairy tale telling troll". Apologies from my end, for being wrong.

Now as to your question/concern, there is a sub-forum up in Optics that deals specifically with night-vision equipment. Does that help?

And again, thank you and stay safe. Make the other bastard die for his country. (Wise man once said that....)

Ya, I had another account here a while ago but for whatever reason got erased because (I think) non activity. So, had to start over with a new account.

I thought about posting it in the NV section, but this wasn’t much of a question about night vision as it was a rant. Didn’t want to clutter up a section with me B******* when others are asking legitimate questions.

But if it needs to be moved then by all means the staff is more than welcome to do so.

Nice to see the maturity level of this site hasn’t changed.

That sucks... I don't take too kindly to people messing with/using my shit without asking.... hell I'm not a big fan of it even when they have asked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who the fuck cares..................</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paramil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice to see the maturity level of this site hasn’t changed.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sometimes i quote myself</div></div>

epic

So is this dude a Taliban in disguise asking the experts how to use our equipment?

15 posts...

Anyone ever shot with this guy?

Wait, I recognize the accent, is this the same guy that killed a coyote with a stick? Or was it a dull knife?

Im guessing hes getting a knock on the door from DOD just about now. They frown seriously on this stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait, I recognize the accent, is this the same guy that killed a coyote with a stick? Or was it a dull knife?</div></div>

Minute-of-Duck?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait, I recognize the accent, is this the same guy that killed a coyote with a stick? Or was it a dull knife? </div></div>

That was a classic!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you are publicly declaring that you've circumvented ITAR law on a site consisting of a large number of Military personnel.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who the fuck cares.................. </div></div>

I love it when the response I want is posted.

I <3 Boltripper

WTF kind of active duty military member is in a spot with an APO/FPO where your unit isn't giving you PVS-14s? Either you are sitting on some mega FOB trying to use them for facebook pics or you're a terrorist.

and even then, 2 iraq pumps, and i can pretty much count, on one hand, the number of times i used my nvg, hated those pieces of shit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dohnuts58</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and even then, 2 iraq pumps, and i can pretty much count, on one hand, the number of times i used my nvg, hated those pieces of shit </div></div>

Really, I did one tour and I used mine a lot.

on post i usually went by the natural illum, lp/op i would use em, and a couple night patrols, but i didn't really care for them, i am enough of a klutz without added depth perception loss

Once again, what exactly is your gripe??!! You pissed off cause your boy tested your unit before you did?? BTW slick, your LIF wrench doubles as your protective housing for your LIF when its not in use. (think of it as a casing for contact lenses)Check it out, you would be amazed what you will find!