• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 1451 stock

paxton50

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
St Louis, Mo
I have a 1451 that I bought used a few years ago. The barrel and action are in great shape. The stock is in good shape but has some scratches. I use the rifle in the woods hunting small game and for target shooting. I was thinking of refinishing the stock with some sort of durable coating that I wouldn't have to worry about scratching. Since this is an entry level Anschutz I didn't think modifying it would be that big of a deal...or am I wrong? What would you guys recommend?

Also, I had no luck finding any after market stocks for it. Do any exist?

Re: Anschutz 1451 stock

There are quite a few 1451s out there.
There may be some collecter value when your grandson turns 80.

Re: Anschutz 1451 stock

So it looks like sanding it down and refinishing it is not a bad idea. I looked around on the site for the best coatings to use and I haven't found much. What do you guys recommend? I want something that gives the stock texture and is not solid black. I think either FDE or OD would look pretty good.