• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz 64 mpr?

gyr2

a.k.a. gyr
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
EU
Merry Christmas.

I am looking at this multipurpose Anschutz model. Does anyone have experience with it?

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks.
You are in a good place but use a Sauer!

I have one and love everything except for the improper ejection of Wolf spent cases. I have tried other ammo such as SK Plus, and Eley Match with better results, but still isn't perfect. The rifle feels great and shoots awesome. The action is very smooth and what you would expect from a .22 in that price range. The problem I'm having is a known fact, and there's even some fixes on other forums for it. It's not all MPRs that have it either, I just happen to draw the short stick on this one.

Have two and both shoot extremely well. Very accurate, very reliable, you can't go wrong with the 64 MPR.

One of mine had an extractor issue and the other did not. The fix for the extractor issue was simple, but needs to be approached very slowly and cautiously. I have fired about 7,000 rounds since I made the modification. I have a failure to extract maybe every 200 or so rounds. Before I modified the extractors I could hardly fire 2 mags without a failure to extract occurring.

Many thanks for the answers. I will inspect the extraction on the one I may buy if I have a chance,

Last edited:
OH, I was talking about Yoteman. Not me...

Just my day that time,
however at our local match 50 /200 yd, iI started with a savage tr did ok, for ol fat guy like me.
then switched to cz 452 started to move up the ranks, but still could not beat the Annie's.
found a deal in a used 64 that someone was running in the IR 50 match,
per apache's advice it came home with me,
now to the point after finding a good lot#(an 3 brick's) of ammo.she took me to the top of leader board,
i was not that good at the last 2 matches an two many shooters were (insert Apache 308 here)
he drove the hell out of his 64 an beat me like a drum. his annie 64 an apache are hard to beat on any day.
now to you question YES THE 64 is a outstanding rifle, spend some time an find the good ammo LOT #
group past 100yrd to find it an shoot hell out of it an dont look back

I own one myself if you can find the ammo it shoots well and you do your part you will not be disappointed with the results.I must have been just lucky mine has no ejection issues so far

Yeah I have a lot of experience with it. Made me 3rd place shooter of the year in 2013 at Conover, right behind Yoteman... :)
They take names and kick ass.

if any one looking for one (MPR 64) i picked a like new but used 1 new years day.
dont know why, mine shoots fine, just could not leave her at the gunshop, were must people would pass her by
i paid $900.00 for it an that is what i will take, for anybody here on the hide
wil post pics later on the for sale thread when i can
PM me if you would like

I bought one in October and it quickly became one of my favorite guns to waste a day shooting. The gun is really capable of .1-.2 inch groups at 50 meters. Do yourself a favor and buy some good glass and enjoy shooting one of the most accurate 22's I have ever shot.

I got one a while back. If I do my job, she does her job. I too have the ejection issue and need to look into how to fix it. Drives me crazy but she shoots so damn good. Still don't know why they do not address the issue.