• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anschutz Match 54 butthook and forend riser

JesseC92

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2011
Portsmouth, NH
Does anyone have any idea where I would be able to find a butthook that will fit a 1973 vintage Anschutz Match 54 and possibly a forend rising block? Haven't been able to find anything for sale using a google search. Thanks in advance!

In 1973, the butt hook was still a one-piece, if I remember correctly.

It seems like it was later (transition rifles, the 1613) that the two piece was used, and the "armadillo" with the 1813 and earlier 1913 (i.e., on the 4760 butt assembly).

Once in awhile they come up on Ebay, or you could post a WTB over at rimfirecentral.

A palm rest (riser, etc.) unique to that time period was on Ebay recently for sale, don't recall how much it went for, tho.

Last edited:
Will any of the other buttplates or palm rests work on this rifle or does it have to be of the same vintage? I just want something functional, doesn't necessarily have to be chronologically correct. Thanks!

Replacing with a later carrier and butt may take some fitting.

I've worked with 1613/1813/1913, but for advice about the earlier ones, suggest you post your question in the Anschutz forum at Rimfire Central. That may also be a good place to post WTB for the parts you seek.

You can get a good Centra palm rest (from Champions Choice) that will fit on the Anschutz rail. Not cheap, but might not cost any more than a "period correct" part.

If you just want a basic block, I have one that has been shortened from a Walther (IIRC), that could fit on an Anschutz rail, and give you about 2" of rise, it's short (about 3-1/2" long)........you can have it for the cost of mailing.

I have the black wood riser block with the alum rail slot in it marked ANSCHUTZ available and also a hook which is a Freeland. Both are available if you have an interest.