• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anschutz ring height help

redneckbmxer24

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I'm looking for advice regarding ring height for an anschutz setup as I'm completely unfamiliar with their barrel profiles and receiver heights.

I've got a 1416 with the Manners stock on the way from Euro Optic (thanks Jason!) as well as the Nightforce standard 20MOA rail. I'm looking to mount a S&B 5-25x56, does anyone know correct ring size for this setup? I'm thinking the 1.0's would probably work but may be real close.

Thanks

I've got a 54 action with a 25 MOA DIP rail and a Spur 4601 with a 3-20 Ultra Short

Thanks for the replies. I ended up picking ordering a DIP rail as well and went with ARC lows. It's pretty close but I was able to trim the cap a little and it just clears. Got it mounted up this evening and put a few rounds down range.

I'm a hair away from buying one of those rifles. How do you like it so far? Do you think it would be worth the extra coin to buy the one from their custom shop that's bedded and tuned? http://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/for-sale.html

Well I'll put it this way, if someone showed me this pic and told me they're all 5 shots and were done at 100 yards I'd probably ask if their rangefinder was set to feet. They're the results from this evening of the three best performing loads. These were Wolf Match Target, Wolf Match Extra, and Eley (rifle target?). I also shot an RWS load (believe it was rifle target called as well), Remington Eley, and Federal GM Target. Those three didn't shoot quite as good but were still MOA or better with the exception of the Federal which was pretty terrible at about 2-2.5moa.

Considering it shoots better than a lot of the custom centerfires I've had over the years I don't see where a custom shop model would be worth any more. There might be some benefit to bedding to eliminate any shifts but that's the only thing I could see. I've only shot mine a little yesterday evening and a good bit this evening so I can't really comment on whether it has any shifts. What I do know is that I never thought a rimfire could be this accurate, I've had a CZ 455 with manners T4, a 452 American, and a 10/22 with a tactical solutions barrel and every other part imaginable and none came close to the accuracy of this rifle. My only regret is not getting one sooner.

Impressive groups. I ordered one, can't wait. Now I just need a scope for it.

I'm a hair away from buying one of those rifles. How do you like it so far? Do you think it would be worth the extra coin to buy the one from their custom shop that's bedded and tuned? http://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/for-sale.html

Mine came from the custom shop and I got before and after target photos. The difference is pretty amazing. Furthermore, when you buy from the custom shop; you get other benefits.

1. The cost of the rifle is only about 25% extra because you get charged for the internal cost of the parts and then the labor so overall it isn't that much more.
    2. You get a match chamber for the barrel
    3. You get a discount on any accessories
    4. You get a 20% discount on all RWS ammo when you order it from them which saves big depending on how often you shoot.
    5. You get a much tighter and tuned action relative to ejection
    6. You get hex head action screws for more consistent torquing
    7. You can install whatever Anschutz trigger you want that is compatible with the 64 action

It is the best deal going

Mine came from the custom shop and I got before and after target photos. The difference is pretty amazing. Furthermore, when you buy from the custom shop; you get other benefits.

1. The cost of the rifle is only about 25% extra because you get charged for the internal cost of the parts and then the labor so overall it isn't that much more.
    2. You get a match chamber for the barrel
    3. You get a discount on any accessories
    4. You get a 20% discount on all RWS ammo when you order it from them which saves big depending on how often you shoot.
    5. You get a much tighter and tuned action relative to ejection
    6. You get hex head action screws for more consistent torquing
    7. You can install whatever Anschutz trigger you want that is compatible with the 64 action

It is the best deal going

I wish you had posted this Monday. My non custom shop rifle should be at the FFL Friday. I went back and fourth and I didn't know the benefits of the custom shop rifles. Now I kind of wish I had gone with one.

I just bought the 1517 D from the custom shop on Monday. It is still shown on the for sale page. I know better than to go nosing around there but I did and that one hooked me in. That's my third Annie but the first with the 64 action. Looking forward to seeing how she shoots.

Put a few hundred rounds through it today.

Attachments

• photo53916.jpg
      photo53916.jpg
      97.9 KB · Views: 21
    That is the 1517 from the custom shop. Premier LT on it while I'm waiting for an Athlon Ceres 2.5-10. Murphy Precision rail.

Attachments

• photo54747.jpg
      photo54747.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 22
    Last edited:
    So jealous right now... I am trying to resist ordering a 1416 t6m and this is not helping at all. Nice shooting and beautiful sticks.