• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any 260 semi auto guys here?

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    if so who built your gun and how long a barrel did you go with?

Gonna build one and wanted opinions on barrel length, I will be using an AAC Scar H on it

C

Re: Any 260 semi auto guys here?

tried a 308 can on mine, ok to shoot without ear protection.Will do a form 1 when my ass gets in gear.

PICT0034.jpg

Picture with can below
    attachment.php

I built this one with help from Mike Bykowski at High Performance International. Pictured with my M-4gery for size comparison.

Large-SmallFrameARs.jpg

Krieger 24" 1-8 .260 with Magpul PRS, Geisselle DMR, JP tube and adjustable gas block, (in case I want to suppress it), Leupold Mk IV in a PEPR.

Fast Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POF 260, custom built by me, NOT FACTORY!! </div></div>

Scottmilk9, did you get a Rock barrel in 6.5? Any issues getting it to work with their piston setup?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Close but no cigar: I'm building a 6.5x47L </div></div>

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POF 260, custom built by me, NOT FACTORY!! </div></div>

Scottmilk9, did you get a Rock barrel in 6.5? Any issues getting it to work with their piston setup? </div></div>

No sir, I have a Kreiger on mine, no issues except i had to get rid of the lightweight bolt carrier and put a heavier one in. I get to tinker with my POF's unlike most. I now shoot a 6.5 creedmoor POF more often than the .260

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POF 260, custom built by me, NOT FACTORY!! </div></div>

Scottmilk9, did you get a Rock barrel in 6.5? Any issues getting it to work with their piston setup? </div></div>

No sir, I have a Kreiger on mine, no issues except i had to get rid of the lightweight bolt carrier and put a heavier one in. I get to tinker with my POF's unlike most. I now shoot a 6.5 creedmoor POF more often than the .260 </div></div>

I ordered an 18" Rock barrel in the POF profile in 260 Rem since I have 2 other rifles in that caliber. I hope the switch over from 308 is fairly painless. Thanks for the info.

I run a 20" 1:7.5 twist heavy barrel.
    I chose to keep it light/small-ish and simple.

23t1qn6.jpg

I get 2600 ft/sec with a 140 Amax and that should take me out to 1200 yards with ease.
    It has been an honest 1 moa gun out to a tested 1000 yards.
    Although that may suck on the interweb, It's pretty damn good in real life IMO.
    When I re-barrel, it'll wear a 20" heavy Kreiger in a 1:7.7 twist and will hopefully be an honest sub-moa rifle.

I've been able to hit bowling pins at 850 yards almost 50% of the time.
    The whole package (including the mk-4) cost less than 2k.
    When I move on to ?, I'll probably get most of my money back to boot.
    It's such a fun rifle to shoot distance with.