• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Any .50AE pistols besides the desert eagle?

LAR Grizzly, was chambered in .50 AE, they do pop up on gunbroker once in a while, that's all I know, sorry.
cheers.

You pay as much for an lar as you a de. The de is the
The 50 ae was made for the de platform. They are extremely accurate once you get use to shooting them. The de is still
Produced and easy to get parts and mags for. Unlike the lar which is more of a niche collector gun

My dad is looking for a 50 call handgun but doesn't want the s&w500 and he's cheap. Don't think he'll wanna she'll out $1300+
Any other makers?

PCR/XLR/TAC338 http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111453_255_zps1b498f0d.jpg http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111325_951_zps290ebdd0.jpg

I know two people with the Desert Eagle in Point 50

Both let others shoot it more than they will shoot it... there is nothing cheap about any part of the AE 50 round.
Powder
Brass
Bullets
commercial ammo.

This to me is a fun gun to rent... not own as I would not shoot one much....

If you want the cool factor, step up and buy a used Desert Eagle with multiple calibers...

IMI Desert Eagle 50 AE .44mag .357 all 3 calibers : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

You have the AE50 and then comfortable .357

If you will eventually inherit it, kick in a grand to help him with the buy

pix969054644.jpg

How much DOES he wanna shell out? I've seen the flat black older ones for about $1000 before. Usually in .44, but sometimes in .50AE if you keep your eyes peeled.

It really is more of a toy though. I've got one of their ad books, and their biggest selling point it seems was the list of kick ass movies it's been in, that was front and center. It literally lists all the movies in the front. So I think they even view it that way, as a toy.

I thought AMT and Automag, one or the other or both, made one in .50AE, but I could be wrong. Those 80's super mag autos didn't work too well, none of them, and they're hard on parts and hard to get too. They're also collector weapons and they cost more than the DE most likely, which will work better since it was made to handle that round (it has two recoil springs and is gas operated with a rotating bolt like a rifle).

I used to want one as a range toy too, but I got into shooting 10mm and with the Glocks, it's even practical. I have a Smith 1006 for a range toy, it's a serious beast. Not DE, but still.

I do have a .50Beowulf upper for an AR and that uses the same bullets as the DE if I'm not mistaken (I haven't loaded for it in a while) plus a lot of other weights. You could build a pistol lower if you want a pistol, and I've seen 'em before (you'd want a carbine length buffer though I'd imagine) or just a carbine which is more practical really, and depending on where you source the parts and what kind you got, you could probably do it for pretty cheap. They're accurate and they hit about as hard as the .500 S&W (it's kinda like a .500 S&W semi auto). Real accurate to 100-150m, they drop a lot after 200m, in a carbine anyway. They're hell on hogs and it's a serious cannon in an AR package. 11 rounds in a 30rd. mag. You can convert used GI mags to feed pretty well. They come up used often for good deals because unless you load, they're impossible to get ammo for as well as expensive to feed.

Good luck.

Point 50, funny shit, I love that movie. Vinnie Jones is one bad mother, in real life too! I'm not much of a soccer fan, but would love to have seen him on the field. J

Google didn't help much. My dad is looking for a 50 call handgun but doesn't want the s&w500 and he's cheap. Don't think he'll wanna she'll out $1300+
Any other makers?

PCR/XLR/TAC338 http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111453_255_zps1b498f0d.jpg http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111325_951_zps290ebdd0.jpg

Certainly not cheap. But you said 50. Automatic. Didn't actually specify AE. There are Gun Crafter 50 GI 1911s.

This one pops up in Google. It's sold, but an example of what I am talking about. They also can come with conversion kits so you can fire 45 as well.

Guncrafter Industries Model 1 .50 GI for sale (911694234)

TTR

If he's cheap, steer him towards a nine or a.45. Fifty just ain't in the cards. Cheapest I've seen is $1.00 per round. Might get that down by reloading, still ain't gonna be cheap.
If he won't be swayed, convince him to "spend once, cry once" on the gun, maybe you can get a price break on the initial ammo purchase with the gun.

I had been considering a Deagle .50, decided to get my oversized pistol fix with an AR instead ( set up like a true pistol, rather than the simulated SBRs that seem to be so popular these days). Much cheaper, especially since I had some AR parts laying around. .223 recoil is much easier on the joints:) and parts are becoming available again.

I bought a 500 S&W handi-rifle to satiate my big-bore desires. Not a handgun, but light, handi (lol), and only 275-300 bucks on Gunbroker.