• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any chance for a Group Buy on a DT SRS rifle?

mouse07410

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
MA, USA
A naive question it may be, but is there a chance for a Group Buy (and therefore a lower price) on a DT SRS rifle?

I'm salivating over it now, but (most likely) won't have enough money for several months - which would allow for a group buy to solidify in the time being.
smile.gif

Re: Any chance for a Group Buy on a DT SRS rifle?

PM SR90 or Later on here, they would be able to answer that question

Not sure I understand - I thought for a group buy to work there has to be a group willing to buy (and the more candidates - the better the price could be)? And that would be easier to arrange via public announcements? I'm sure I'm missing something, but can't figure out what...

The company that you are wanting to buy it from has to be willing to let you do the group buy. DTA uses MAP pricing just like Nightforce. Somebody wanted to do a group buy for NF and it went over like a wet fart in a elevator. It has to do with customer loyalty.

You may want to try getting in touch with DTA. That would be your best bet unless they let a distributor stray from the pricing structure.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one a little ticked to see a heavily discounted DTA after just dropping $4,300 on one.

Also from what I hear they definitely don't have a lack or orders coming in the front door.

Well, I for one would be in for a group buy if the money was right. I am trying to pinch pennies right now for one, but if a group buy got me there sooner, big smiles from me. That isn't to offend you Patches...

Guys,
unfortunately we Do not do group buys. We have been working very hard to build a healthy dealer network across the US and we are commited to support them.

DD-
No worries. You know what I mean tho. Who really cares how I feel? It has nothing to do with business. I would probably just regret not waiting to get in on the GB. It is what it is.... More power to you guys if you can save a couple bucks. I'm all about a good deal. I organized a GB here on the hide and it went great. Everybody was happy and got a really good deal. However it was on just pod claws.

I know exactly how you feel, and can completely understand the frustration that would come with a group buy. It seems like some companies are always willing to undercut the retailers to get a sale, and others go to all lengths to protect them. Some 'retailers' will sell at cost just so they can get the dealer cost, so it is a tough position to be in. I can understand a group buy at the same time, if it is to a targeted audience that will help get the word out there like a pro-form deal. If over-done group buys can effect a pricing structure, while if done properly it can serve as advertisement of sorts.

FWIW I wish I already had one and could be bragging it up
laugh.gif

Not to steal the thread, but what 's the wait time on one of these SRS with a 26" barrel anyway?

And speaking of the dealers - DTA Web site mentions a dealer list but there's no pointer to it. Anybody can tell me who the DTA dealers are?

Tnx!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody can tell me who the DTA dealers are?

Tnx!</div></div>

Mouse: Call DTA and speak with Ethan. He can advise you of dealer availability in your area. If no dealer within vicinity then just order from him directly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to steal the thread, but what 's the wait time on one of these SRS with a 26" barrel anyway?</div></div>

26" in what caliber?

Thanks

Your Web site lists only 22" barrel for .308 Win. Looks like several [potential] customers (myself included) are looking for 26" barrel in .308. Do you offer those?

Perhaps DesertHK was asking about your current wait time on DT SRS rifle with any 26" barrel (like .338LM) - he can clarify. That is also of interest - if one places an order, how long till his rifle would arrive?

I am looking for the 26" barrel in 308