• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any classes/schools in FL area?

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
I'd love to attend a school to get the fundamentals, but they're all so damn far away...

is there any that's in FL?

I hate how I'm in South FL... it takes 9 hours just to get out of the fucking state so I can go E or W.... I got only one way, and that's north... lol

Re: Any classes/schools in FL area?

Another feeling the pain of being lost in paradise. it would be nice to have some traing here in the deeep South.

Bushido Tactical does a Precision Rifle class over at Manatee I think. I just found that out the other day. I have no idea if its decent or not.

Guys Magpul Dynamics is going to be coming to FL this winter. We're thinking either January or February. Keep looking here and on the Magpul Dynamics website for updated info.

Thanks

I will be in Miami in Dec/Jan and have been looking at the following schools. Do you guys down there have a strong opinion on any of these ? I would like to take mainly handgun classes but also rifle if possible.

Risks Incorporated
Miami Firearms Training
Tactical Firearms Acadamey

Thanks

Caylen, what range are you planning to be shooting on? Manatee, Volusia, or ATTAC?

Guys,

I can come to you.

My prices are well with in reach.

I was at Manatee in Jan this year.

Let me know and I can make it happen for you all.

If you want to see the cost, here is our <span style="font-weight: bold">link</span>.

John

John,
OUsing your travel formula, what is a ball park to get you back to Manatee, not including tuition, for a weekend?
Thanks,
Eric

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys Magpul Dynamics is going to be coming to FL this winter. We're thinking either January or February. Keep looking here and on the Magpul Dynamics website for updated info.

Thanks</div></div>

What range/facility? Last time you were in FLA, I thought it was Miami or thereabouts, no? Manatee, Palm Bay, or CFRPC would be really good.

Guys we are working on getting Bradford Sportsmen's Farm sometime in January/February.

This venue is located in between Gainesville and Jacksonville.

Keep checking for updates.

Thanks.

Awesome, that's my local range. I can't wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys we are working on getting Bradford Sportsmen's Farm sometime in January/February.

Thanks. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys we are working on getting Bradford Sportsmen's Farm sometime in January/February.

Thanks. </div></div>

Won't that limit the class to 600 yard maximum distance?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cserv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John,
OUsing your travel formula, what is a ball park to get you back to Manatee, not including tuition, for a weekend?
Thanks,
Eric </div></div>

lets say I am flying down not driving. Using targets provided or bought at the range shop there and all that and lets keep it simple.

$225 a day flat out, min student count 4, max 14, min day's of training 2 full days 0700 to 1800 at the least.

If we get over 8 people I will have a extra instructor come and help out. I like to keep the ratio low for students to instructors to keep the level of product high on return for you.

we would need a classroom and the back 200yd benchrest range to ourselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys we are working on getting Bradford Sportsmen's Farm sometime in January/February.

Thanks. </div></div>

Won't that limit the class to 600 yard maximum distance? </div></div>

They moved the range out to 850 yards now.

Try NOT to be an idiot and QUOTE the spam... a mod alert is all we need.

Thanks for the gentle reminder! Wasnt sure how oft' you all patrol the boards.

i too am in pain. live close to gainesville and can find no range > 200 without serious issues-here i refer to bradford. there is a group in orlando,but i think that is just HG and carbine.

I am definitely interested in what John or Magpul can do for us Floridians.

Myself and a friend are interested in some precision rifle training in Florida. Preferably at Manatee but willing to travel.

guys,

I am working on a class now in FL. The range is 600yds in the panhandle.

Let me work out the details and you all will love how this will work out.

It will be a all in one package, lodging, food, classroom, day and night fire, and mostly a one stop shop location. Once you come, you stay for both days. No need to drive at all.

Let me get the rest of the details and I will get back with you all.

How does Oct / Nov sound for a Friday night to Sunday afternoon sound?

John

Oct/Nov would be difficult, possibly doable. Jan/Feb would be 99.9% g2g.

There are several. It there expensive I think there's a Col.maritime in ft lauderdale

I think a.good one jappy called.codis octipi.. they do every thing fro msritime to combat medic. I migjt be off a little Google it.

Count me in for a class in South Florida. The Panhandle is a LONG way to go from the end of the State.

J.Boyette where would the class be in the panhandle? I am interested, when you nail down a date let me know.

Knife,

Near Blountstown Fl.

Guys,

I will talk to Camp Blanding this week. Since I use Camp Butner here in NC and I know some people in the FL NG I am working on Camp Blanding also.

Its kind of limited, I think it only goes to 1400 or 1600yds I forget.
smile.gif

John

Blanding would be good. Its sorta central to everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blanding would be good. Its sorta central to everyone. </div></div>

Working on it now.

I will keep you all updated as I find out more info.

John

guys,

I am in the process of working the details out now. Here is the basic laydown.

When this gets locked in, I will do a new post but this is what I can offer and the dates:

Precision rifle training
5-6 Nov 2011
$775 a person this is a 1 flat rate cost for 2 nights Lodging Friday night, Saturday night all meals for Saturday and Sunday. at the training facility.

This rate is WAY cheap if you think of how much food for 6 meals off site, gas to and from the range x 4 trips, and hotel costs. The only extra cash out of your pocket is ammo, and gas from home to the range, and back home. THATS IT! We will provide everything else for a stress free weekend of real TRAINING!

we will do:
4 hours of classroom split over two days 24 + hr's of training since we are all onsite. Thats at least 12 hr days. (I need to confirm if we can do night fire) but at least 12 hours of per day of training. 2hrs in the classroom, 10 on the range is the base timeframe. We will shoot out to 600yds on a KD range. This includes paper and steel targets.

Also the staff of Trace Armory Group will be staying at the same location. So even after the "training" is over, we will still have mingle time until we all go to bed. Thats worth a extra 2-3 hr's of classroom by its self in conversation and fellowship.

this location is in the panhandle of FL so keep and eye for the "real" post.

Student count: min 8 max 12. ratio of Instructor to student will be no worst then 4:1 on the firing line at any time.

Let me know if you would like to do this in Nov.

John

A_P,

Or anyone else, set me up a range, and I will come. I have the weekend of Dec 17-18 open also, I have more weekdays open.

I can provide training, I just need a contact person to do it.

we plan on offering classes in 2012 for LE/Mil and civ at least three times at 3 locations in FL next year.

But I got to work around your state laws right now, so in three weeks I will be able to post more on future stuff at another location. But I plan on using JSTRIC more also.

BUT if you guys want JSTRIC to be open for use, we got to use it, please sign up, I have top shelf training to offer, I need students to come.

John

JB,

I am good to go for both weekends. Let me know which one, or both.

~ Darren

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...we plan on offering classes in 2012 for LE/Mil and civ at least three times at 3 locations in FL next year.... I plan on using JSTRIC more also..John</div></div>

Both are very good things to hear. Thanks John!

Guys, John Boyette is outstanding. He is an awesome teacher. No matter what your skill level, you will come out of his class improved and excited. We are hoping to get John to come to Blanding or Bradford soon.

In the mean time, one of the best ways to train is to shoot in a match to be challenged. Through a match, you find out what your weaknesses are so that you can address them. When you know what you really want to work on, John will customize his training to address your needs.

For you Florida and South Georgia guys, consider shooting the match at Bradford in October. They have been holding regular matches for 3 years now and only a small core group ever shows up. Not sure why people wont come but I can assure you that it is a great way to challenge yourself with a bunch of guys who are just looking to have fun and get better. It is a great way to identify your training needs. What a great way to lead into a class with John. It is through a match where I struggled with multiple targets in a short time frame that I explained my problem to John. John customize his training to specifically address this with me and now I look forward to those scenarios and consider this my strong point.

http://www.ruashooter.com/2nd-Annual-3-day-sniper-event.html

If you cant make October, check the clandar and come to one of the many precision rifle and AR matches that are held there.

If there are definitely guys who want to train with John, speak up. It will be a lot easier to plan a class with John if there is a group willing to commit.

Definately interested, but a 7 plus hour drive is a killer from way down in SW Fla. Something a bit further South would be a bit nicer.
Any others in South Fla. ?

Serious issues at Bradford? And you live in Gainesville?

I feel NO pain using Bradford Sportsmans Farm. What's the problem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike f</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i too am in pain. live close to gainesville and can find no range > 200 without serious issues-here i refer to bradford. there is a group in orlando,but i think that is just HG and carbine. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cserv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definately interested, but a 7 plus hour drive is a killer from way down in SW Fla. Something a bit further South would be a bit nicer.
Any others in South Fla. ? </div></div>

sir,

I understand. I have a 10 hr drive just to put it on. I would not let a drive of 7hr's stop me from attending a top shelf class like the one Darren and I are doing in Nov.

Keep in mind, once you get on site, you do not leave until Sunday night. If anyone wants to stay Sunday night and roll out Monday I can add a extra fee for the 3rd night. Let me know.

John