• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Any comps in New Zealand?

mercracing

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    Looking to take a trip, and would like to shoot a comp over there if there’s anything available. Anything PRS or NRL or Guardian?

I am in Aus, and as far as I know, none of those formats are run in NZ (but I could be wrong). We do have PRS matches in Australia.

The biggest match I know of in NZ was just run this past weekend. Its a field course format called the NZ Mountain Challenge. I dont think they have a web site, but their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/nzmountainchallenge/

Reactions: mercracing
    PRS started in Australia in 2017 with one match and has been growing the number of events since then. Take a look at https://www.precisionrifleseries.com.au/ The 2020 calendar is there (assuming they dont all get canceled).

Our matches tend to be limited to 500 meters, since thats all many of the ranges can accommodate. But they are pretty challenging. Some of the old match books were on line, but I just checked and can see them now.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Find some local hunters and shoot at some mountain goats! We did that after bow hunting some stags. We shot goats off cliffs out past 1,000 yards. It was a lot of fun

Hi,
    Just sitting in airport on way home from the NZ mountain challenge.
    It is a real one of a kind shooting competition so much fun shooting in the fabulous south island the wind in these valley's is so tricky .
    It's quite a walk about 12 k on my watch but what a view. You will not find a more friendly shoot anywhere in the world.
    Have a look at this Facebook page for heaps of photos.

Vortex optics Australia and New Zealand

Last edited:
    Thanks guys! I’m really hoping to take a trip over and shoot a match!
    There’s also the Alpine Long Range Shooting Match NZ series (ALRSMNZ) that’s run in April and November each year on the West Coast of the South Island. They aren’t a true PRS type match, more like the Mountain Challenge but without the walking between the stages. Also Sparrowhawk hold matches during the year. Both have Facebook pages.

For nz you want to get in contact with sparrowhawk range, taranaki long range shooters and athihi.

Nothing happening now due to cv19

Just go to face book , Alpinelongrangeshooting ,
    I'm a hidemember , been shooting these matches in NZ for 5 _ 6 years now , have two matches a year, plus several other organisers run center fire and .22 PRS style matches.
    If you need some more info or contacts just holler .
    Loads of fun , and kiwis are friendly buggers .
    Huntin is also great .

Reactions: waveslayer