• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Any digital night vision scope worth it?

408w

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Western ny
Is any of the $1000 or less digital night vision scopes any good? Looking for one I can shoot 100 yards with hunting

With proper supplemental illumination, there are a few decent ones.

I’ve never used or touched any of them for fear of defiling myself.

there are lots of vids online of folks hunting with sightmark wraiths. you probably want the newer 4K model.

Reactions: TheHorta
On Horta’s behalf, I have defiled myself......

Pulsar Digex arrived today. Setting it up on a Tikka T1x .17 HMR suppressed to shoot the coyotes and foxes that have gotten a little comfy around the house. We are too close to town and too close to neighbors to break out the heavier weapons and thermal. Plus shooting out the living room window across the pond from the comfort of the chaise lounge may be a little loud in the house with the .308, even suppressed😁

Gotta get the mounting hardware delivered and the rifle fully setup and zeroed in but will report back. This is my first NV scope so I really will not have any comparison but as long as I can ID and shoot out to 150 yards I will be content.

I tried a sight mark photon rt a few years back and wasn't very impressed. I will check out the ones mentioned

The ATN 4K Pros with an upgraded IR illuminator are great...when they work. Which seems to be about 50% of the time. Mine is headed back to me after being sent in for constant screen freezing issues. Sightmark gets good reviews but the older models don't have an internal rechargeable battery so it's a no go for me. It appears that the newer 4K models do have one. No experience with the Pulsar but they are a bit more expensive than the ATN and don't have as good of a sensor.

Just found on one of the predators hunting forum a place that is selling the wraith with upgraded ir lights.

if you are going with the wraith, this is the one you want. higher resolution and with sound.
that is if you want to record and share your hunts. if not, the older model is functional.

you can get the older version (i have) from this same forum sponsor for $499.

I just stumbled on this thread looking for tips on night shooting/hunting in general. I just got the ATN 4k 5-20 with upgraded illupinator. I have been getting used to it off of the rifle for now and it's pretty impressive so far. I DID have it lock up on me once, just held the power button down for ~25 secs until you hear the low "click" and then power back up as normal. I hope all works out with it. sorry to hear about ^^^dude's ^^^ experience. Having not shot it yet I can't comment on it yet but the features/clarity/illumination seem GTG. If the sightmark is similar to the ATN, the zoom is digital so the highest base zoom will be the cleanest picture. I can see trash cans 300yds down the street clear enough, need to get out of the "city" to test the illuminiator with no ambient light.

I am a defiled one as well, after shooting with a buddy with a PVS-27 I got the NV bug but just not ready to invest another $6k or more in everything, so for just over $700 I picked up a Wraith 4-32 with a Luna ELIR 3 and it is definitely workable to 300 yards which was my goal. A PVS-27 it is not, but I also like I don’t have to worry much about tubes and accidents 😆

On Horta’s behalf, I have defiled myself......

Pulsar Digex arrived today. Setting it up on a Tikka T1x .17 HMR suppressed to shoot the coyotes and foxes that have gotten a little comfy around the house. We are too close to town and too close to neighbors to break out the heavier weapons and thermal. Plus shooting out the living room window across the pond from the comfort of the chaise lounge may be a little loud in the house with the .308, even suppressed😁

Gotta get the mounting hardware delivered and the rifle fully setup and zeroed in but will report back. This is my first NV scope so I really will not have any comparison but as long as I can ID and shoot out to 150 yards I will be content
Setup the rifle over the weekend. It groups well. Tried both Remington and CCI and at 100 yards they pretty much hugged the diamond after I walked them in. Scope is super easy to use and zero. But I could have saved some ammo by reading the directions as I was watching the wrong crosshair when moving the reticle and had the opposite intended effect on the first adjustment.

Downside is it is a beast. There is nothing light weight about this setup especially with the AAC SDN6 attached. Image through the scope is very clear. With the 940 light I can easily light up the woods out a couple hundred yards. There is also enough ambient light in the area I intend to use it to make it borderline unnecessary. Will have to actually read up on how to record and download video.

Did set out the caller behind the pond and setup on my neighbor’s dock for a bit Sunday evening. Had some coyotes a mile or so off partying it up but nothing close enough to call in. Was using the Pulsar Helion to scan. Hope to get this rig properly broken in soon though. All in all pleased with my purchase and setup.

1B3CB19C-7A61-494A-946D-F44AB387DCDD.jpeg3FBE9C6E-E838-4DB4-B8DF-F767E8211A46.jpeg9FEDF684-3AAD-450E-BC1B-113F92B1378D.jpeg

Reactions: DukeGSP
If this Night Shoot is gonna happen I'm still in.
I got the ATN sighted in at 200 at the range Sun. I need some more info on yote hunting in AL though.

The Game Warden at the range said you can hunt yotes, but only while hunting other game and you have to use whatever gun you are hunting other game animal with (squirrel/turkey/coon/shotty/22 - the AR seems out until deer season). Also night time hunting is out unless I find some private land and get on a predation.. There is also something about hunting hours after 3AM - weird.

I just want to see "A thermal" and shoot some at night weather target/hunting...

Good evening.
About a week ago I bought an

ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 5-20X and I mounted it on a DSA Sa58 16" barrell with an upvraded IR light.​

During the day, the quality didn't impress me very much... I also tried the butler creek cap with a 1/2" hole trick and slightly improved the clarity but still not very impressed.
At night , withou the IR you need some ambient light to see anything... with IR on it is better... I tried it only to about 100yards and I really can't complain, not sure if I can see anything further . I will try in a little bit and post my impressions. So far my feedback is that the scope is decent but at the price I paid I'd have better saved the money amd invested in domething else.

I've owned 2 of these units. Absolute garbage . A lot of bells and whistles, if only they worked. Holding zero is a must , which they do not do. Even after the 1 shot zero and tweaking, the shots start dispersing immediately after a few shots , about 6 + inches @100 yards . I was sure to set it up with the ballistics calculator turned off. Still no luck. A Novel concept, but unfortunately that is where it ends. Save your money and buy a quality unit.