• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Any Duck Hunters?

Re: Any Duck Hunters?

Oklahoma. The hunting is t that good though. Normally have to travel out of state for the good hunting.

Oklahoma here. There's some good duckin' in OK, just have to work a little. We have good years and bad years. Mostly due to water levels.

You hunt lakes, ponds, fields, timber, or??

California, as bad as it sucks for everything, has some fantastic duck hunting.

in ca, especially in the rice fields near colusa, princeton. use to hunt them, grizzly island, the salt flats of hwy 37 growing up.

now i live hunt some dairy farms here and the potholes here in eastern WA. great duck hunting around fort lewis also.

louisiana, best duck hunting around and i tear them up every year lol. 347 birds last season
smile.gif

From MN, in ND now, and plan on staying here forever.
I'll hunt anywhere, WalMart parking lot, field, pothole, lake, I don't really care, just let me call and I'm happy.

Same goes for geese, I've even done some competition calling throughout the years, 2004 I think we're my first. Though I haven't won anything worth mentioning it's a blast and a great way to meet likeminded individuals.

Mostly public lakes. I do have access to some pretty decent farm ponds also. Never had the chance to do any field hunting, but "I know a guy". Just haven't had a chance to link up.

I grew up duck huntin Reelfoot lake in west tn. It has some pretty good huntin but it's bad for people who aren't from the area unless they hire a guide. Otherwise it can offer some of the best duck hunting around.

Hunting out here in Cali again. Last year wasn't the best but managed a few. Hunt the typical refuges in NorCal. Hopefully have a pup all trained up for next season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From mississippi. Hunt ms delta and ar prarie some of the finest but gettin very expensive </div></div>

bobo,

Where in the delta? My family is/lives in greenville out on lake washington

Also for the OP, Duck hunting has taken over my passion of deer hunting. Mississippi delta and florida is where i hunt

All over SE Texas. Duck and goose. Funny how a lot of places I used to hunt are neighborhoods now.

L

I'm in So Cal and I hunt flooded timber. I did my time at Sacramento State University and did a lot of hunting at a farmer friend's rice fields right next to Sutter. Ahh...the good old days.

Layton,
man, I thought that was just here in So. Cal!! All our dairies we used to hunt honkers on are all houses =(

JG

I live in Michigan and hunt the Saginaw bay out of a 20 foot boat blind. Do some corn field hunts as well.

Travel to Arkansas about every other year and have been to Manitoba twice.

Yup...pretty much addicted to quack. Love them web footed fowl.

Remnar

Booshay, he hont de ducks in loosiana. See here:

2347d60b.jpg

02a2b1b1.jpg

Dis his fav'rit morning:

20a05736.jpg

And when de ducks is done - we gon fish -

9b297d85.jpg

99382661.jpg

Den... we gon fix a taste to drink, and wash down sum fine food-

AfognakAlaskaJuly17202008318.jpg

Ya'll come down heah. Life is good.

I'm enjoy spending quite a bit of my Fall in a stubble barley, wheat or corn field. Give me a couple dozen decoys and my Lab and I'm happy.

You boys down South can keep your water hunting. I prefer dry ground!!!
smile.gif

SE Texas here. As long as you have access to either a good river or some private ponds it can be a barrel melter here.

East MS here, it takes a really good winter for us to have alot of ducks but its a blast either way. Dont know if I could go without a good dog though, or even a bad one

Primary places I hunt are in the MS delta. Typically go on a few hunts in NE AR every year as well, to different buddies' places. It's nice to be able to swap hunts with them and go where the birds are at any given time.

Heck yeah! I would rather duck hunt than anything else. I hunt NE Texas within earshot of the Okies
smile.gif

One thing LA boys know how to do is kill ducks, catch fish, drink and eat! Loves me some LA. Especially spring in regards to the crawfish YUM!

Hey stick, my father in law lives in Fairfield and I was driving out there in January and saw thousands of ducks and geese in the delta right off the side of highway 12... Ever been through there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are no ducks in VA. </div></div>

Sneaky, but I sense some trickery afoot...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post1526581

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post2096843

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post2221683

I loved duck hunting as a kid. Some of the best time spent with my dad / family in the woods. We used to hunt SW Arkansas, just north of Milwood lake near the Saline River...it was gorgeous, even on days when the ducks didn't fly. Amazing flooded hardwoods.

Unfortunately, don't find much time to do it anymore. It conflicts with deer hunting, and with work...I have to pick my choices.

Manimal,

The farthest south I have been is right near Fairfield...Grizzly Island. I have not had the chance to chase any puddlers in the Delta yet, but it is on the list. I spend most of my time now up in the Butte sink. Last year was a weak year for most, but I still managed a few. How is the shootin' down south?

fish2keel,

used to hunt scatters a ton. hunt matthews brake a good bit. been hunting the ms river some as well, but have mostly migrated to the green timber across the river. its hard to beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From mississippi. Hunt ms delta and ar prarie some of the finest but gettin very expensive</div></div>

You from Bobo Mississippi?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fish2keel,

used to hunt scatters a ton. hunt matthews brake a good bit. been hunting the ms river some as well, but have mostly migrated to the green timber across the river. its hard to beat.</div></div>

We've likely met.

Duck and goose hunting here in Illinois has become strange in the last few decades. The goose hunting used to be primarily in Southern Illinois around Crab Orchard NWR to Ware, IL. For what ever reason(s) the majority of geese don't make it that far south any more. They hang up around metro area of Chicago now. I make it to ND about every other year going back twenty years or so. Even there things are changing. What was once wide open as far access is becoming leased or posted no trespassing more everytime I go up. I am retiring this year and am "wintering" in TX near S Padre Island with a good friend who loves to duck hunt. Looks like Laguna Madre will be where I'll do most of my duck hunting mostly redheads and scaup. Gotta go where the birds are, and make the most of whatever situation presents itself. Anyway, good luck to all and happy hunting.

Utah duck hunting is great if your running an airboat! We do alright...

I am a die hard duck hunter living in MN but hunt more in ND.

From TN, but have hunted TN, Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington, Manitoba, and my favorite, Saskatchewan many years over. Made it into Wildfowl magazine several years back after a killer trip up there. The pinnacle came on October 22 2001 I believe it was. Three of us killed a limit of 8 greenheads, 8 Canadas, and 20 Snow Geese *each* in less than an hour and a half. We had snow and fog and every volley started with webbed feet dangling literally feet off the ground, including the snow geese. It was an amazing morning.

Haven't been able to hunt as much in the last few years, but plan to again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bryan27,

probably so. not from bobo, just a nickname. from tupelo area</div></div>

Got it. There's a town out on the delta by Clarksdale called Bobo, MS... by Alligator, MS. I got my old lab from a guy who lives in Bobo back in 2000. He was a machinist and also made acrylic duck calls, just thought it might be you.

Bobo and Alligator are just bumps in the road compared to the thriving metropolises of Rena Lara and Sherard, haha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stickboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manimal,

The farthest south I have been is right near Fairfield...Grizzly Island. I have not had the chance to chase any puddlers in the Delta yet, but it is on the list. I spend most of my time now up in the Butte sink. Last year was a weak year for most, but I still managed a few. How is the shootin' down south?

</div></div>

This is my first year here so I haven't had the chance to try out the hunting here in CA, but Im definitely going to try to hunt the delta this winter when the wife and I go visit my father in law. I shit you not when I say I've been duck hunting in some of the best places this country has to offer including AR, TN, MS, MO, and LA and I saw just as many, if not more, ducks driving through the delta than anywhere else. I cant wait to get down there and shoot some birds.

Southern Idaho for ducks and geese. You can do it wet or dry and have a great time either way. It has been a few years since I have been there when we could go but that might change soon.

N. Idaho for ducks and geese. Mainly in the Clark Fork Drift Yard. Almost all river hunting here. Have been out a couple times on the Coeur d' Alene River when it freezes over.

I used to hunt ducks and geese at Ft. Belvoir, VA. They have a great outdoor recreation program there. The Potomac River runs through the post and they have duck blinds (nice ones too) all up and down the river. You just show up and sign one out. Need a boat? They got those too! (Canoes).

Quantico also has an excellent hunting program. Great duck hunting and better deer hunting..

Now I'm in California (Near Sacramento) with a huge bag of decoys and not sure where to go...

frown.gif

I hunt eastern Idaho now and it can be good at times and slow at others. I grew up hunting southern Idaho and it's hit or miss there too.

Bb

I hunt ducks in the central valley grasslands, last year wasn't one of the greatest..........