• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any Elcan users

FNARSHOOTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Ga
1-6 specter dr 7.62 model any feed back about $2500 like some real input from owners

Re: Any Elcan users

I have a couple 1x4 Elcans - I like the reticle, haven't noticed a huge POI deviation from 1x4 power but rarely use 1x - also have never taken them off after zero so I can't attest to the ARMS levers retainability. Gets a lot of weird looks and paparazzi at the range which can get annoying.

elcan.jpg

"They're great but not worth spending your own money on. For $2500 there are a lot of optics that are more versatile (not tailored to a specific round/load)," is the answer I got when I asked the same question.

My son was issued the 1/4 for his M4 and siad it took a while for him to feel comfortable with .

I have one on my MWS and there it stays. I got it in a trade so I didn't have to shell out the $2500 for it. Would I buy another for retail, no. But it is built like a tank and I;m very happy with it. Very clear glass for a 1x4 and have shot it from 100-700y with decent results. It's not a precision optic, but I'll keep it over my acog any day. And by the way, I'm just a sportsman, hunter, and outdoor adventurer. No military experience for this optic.

I have a 1/4 as well but only b/c its an issued optic. I don't think i would spend my own money on it. Threw it on my 14.5 an Eotech on the shorty.

For the cost, you could get a good 6x and run an offset Aimpoint micro.

Being as this may be for my FNAR 7.62 I don't want a offset/combo. I have a Eotech ,Aimpoint compM4 and a Trijicon Reflex II (old style marked acog on top reflex II on side) And like them all for different reasons. The Elcan is pricey. I would prefer to trade for one but the 1/6- 7.62 seems to be harder to find. Would like to find one to have hands on before making up my mind. Was thinking 4x ACOG but they did not itrip my trigger when I handled one.I might go with a 1x4x24 SS Can't decide.

Here is my review of the 1-4x. I think much the same about the 1.5-6x except that I think that the situation is rare where giving up the speed of 1x at the low end is worth the extra magnification at 6x.

I have used both side by side. Here is one thing I noticed If you have corrected vision or need it, the 1/6 is less forgiving in the reticle clarity department than the 1/4. The reticle was a bit off for me but not for a younger guy shooting with us. The reticle on the 1/6 was not in focus for one guy but was better on the 1/4 for him.

I have used mine at QCB range and could get on target just as fast as my EoTech and the reticle was superb in full sunlight at a carbine class it took almost no getting used to for me. At distance I like the open view better than my NF 1-4. I think it is a great value considering all the features.