• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Any Emerson Knife fans?

GearboxRacquetball

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
WI, U.S.A.
I'm a huge fan/collector of these blades..Although I'm contemplating moving a few very soon to purchase my new scope. What's your favorite Emerson production model? Don't say all, because that's my answer..
cool.gif

Re: Any Emerson Knife fans?

Hey - thanks for the pic of your "7"! Have you seen the new CQC-15? It's real nice..and next on my buy list!

The CQC7 and also the first runs of the commanders that had the thicker Ti liners and overall better construction than later versions.

I have been looking at the cqc8 though lately.

I have two new in the box serial numbered Emersons I don't want anymore. I bought them back in 98/99 and put them away for a rainy day. PM me if you want more info. I would be willing to take 100 a piece plus shipping.

One is a CQC7-A spear point S/N 383

The other is a CQC7-B tanto blade S/N 1299.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walter.Gibralter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">go spyderco man. great japanese steel. won't carry anything else again. not too bad moneywise either. </div></div>

Spydercos are ok but they dont hold up like the Emersons do.

+1 on what dmg308 said. I wrecked my Syperco endura in very short time. Broke the tip twice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pistol Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two new in the box serial numbered Emersons I don't want anymore. I bought them back in 98/99 and put them away for a rainy day. PM me if you want more info. I would be willing to take 100 a piece plus shipping.

One is a CQC7-A spear point S/N 383

The other is a CQC7-B tanto blade S/N 1299. </div></div>

Sent you a PM, I'll buy that CQC7-A Spear Point

I have a Benchmade Emerson CQC7 that i got back in like 94 or so and I still carry it at work. Been holding up well. Also have a Commander I got the first year they came out and like it also but it got retired from EDC when I got my Strider SNG.

Here's the CQC7 and the Strider
P1010075.jpg

P1010074.jpg

Have a CQC-8, Commander, CQC-7A, CQC-7B... the CQC-7B sees the most pocket time (and couch time).

i picked up a cqc-10 in a trade from a fellow hide member a couple months ago. i carry it every day. great knife.

I have an Emerson CQC-8 wave, it is an ok knife but it had some problems out of the box. The knife's lock would fail and it was very loose. Emerson corrected the problem, but when I choose a knife to go and do some work I choose my SMF

Loves me those Emersons.

Emerson Knife of 2004 Azek Marud NIB. This one I'm going to sell.
Persian(2)
PSARK
Le Griffe
A-100
CQC-10 BTS
Super SOCFK

Benchmade:
975 BTS
975 BT
975 BTS Left hand.

I have a NIB A-100 that I'd like to trade for the CQC 14

Originally Posted By: Pistol PeteI have two new in the box serial numbered Emersons I don't want anymore. I bought them back in 98/99 and put them away for a rainy day. PM me if you want more info. I would be willing to take 100 a piece plus shipping.

These are still for sale. Phylo and Shaggy are out of the running.

Just got a used but not too abused A100 PE... really like the slim profile. Longer than the 7A by a fraction but blade seems so much longer. The slimmer profile keeps it out of the way in the pocket. Maybe a mini-100 next.

CQC-7 Tanto blade is sold.

Still have the spear point if anyone is interested. $100.00 shipped.

I'm after a CQC-15 BTS myself very soon - gonna move one of my duplicate NIB Mini-Commanders in BTS first though.. I've got it on the bay for a sweet deal that includes shipping right now (11-10-09), so hopefully I'll be able to get the "15" soon. I've got to get some pics of mine up..

Emerson Karambit w/ wave. Been back twice for sharpening. The wave makes it the fastest deploying knife in the world. I carry it all day every day.

I'm intered in the cqc-7. What finish and what type of edge (plain edge or serrated) ?

Still have the spear point if anyone is interested. $100.00 shipped.

CQC7A serial numbered and everything.

SOLD