• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any experience with Beyond Clothing

tag_heuer

Lead Farmer and Garbage Collector
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2013
NOR CAL
I just heard about this outdoor clothing company, Beyond Clothing. Looks great but I have no idea if it is any good. Just looking for anyone who uses it, whether it’s good or bad. Seem like a decent alternative to TAD. Any thought?

Except their first gen jungle combat pants. (Crye lookalike) they had a design flaw where the buttons to close the fly were on a strip and either the strip didn’t get sewn down or it was just the worst design ever, but when you deploy to the jungle with them with no resupply source for pants it is irritating.
The fly won’t close and your dick inevitably falls out and gets cut by elephant grass.
Their new stuff is pretty good though. If you are in W Washington you can go to their HQ and check it out.

I have a couple of pieces of their gear and its really nice. Not much to see in their showroom as most of their business is done on-line and their warehouse is in a different location. Pricy stuff but made in USA. They are owned by the same folks that own 5.11 gear.

I have a couple of pieces of their gear and its really nice. Not much to see in their showroom as most of their business is done on-line and their warehouse is in a different location. Pricy stuff but made in USA. They are owned by the same folks that own 5.11 gear.
So like the “banana republic “ of 5.11?

I got given a pair of their A9-U pants (Crye lookalike) and have worn them shooting every week and at matches for a couple years. I stuck a pair of the Crye kneepads in which fit with a bit of modification to the foam support. They are a well made, solid pant and I've been happy with them.

Don't know anything about the company really, and not sure that I'd pay $300 for a pair of any pant out of my own pocket, but I've got nothing bad to say about the pants. They are pretty sweet.

I have a jacket and pant back from when they were custom making everything and its a perfect fit and good work. They were good to deal with.

They are good to go. I am the money guy at work and we have used them for a few of our needs. Everyone likes the products we have received from them. We outfitted about 10 people with their A7 jacket and pants for a week long trip to Fairbanks AK last winter. Temps consistently in the -35 at night, to 0 day time highs. The work was all static, basically just sitting out on the tundra all night long, everyone was happy with the products. Obviously not a long term durability test, but the quality is there.

We also have the A3 Lochi Jackets and they are pretty great. Warm, light weight, packs down nice and small. Wouldn't use it in a downpour and expect to stay dry but it sheds light rain/drizzle no issues. I had mine about 3 years and caught the zipper on something, ripping a few teeth off. Sent an email and was taken care of in a matter of days. Great set of people who take care of the customer.

Buy with confidence.

Beyond Clothing also does military/govt clothing; I've got some of their "surplus" kit, especially the Level 7 gear which is the outer, cold-weather layer and it's great when you just have to sit still or sleep at night.

Been using Beyond Clothing for going on four years, level 3, 5, and 7 items. Great gear, all the way. Even better than Patagonia, in my view, since they stay out of politics.

They have some less expensive products out there now, their new Kyros series - that are NOT made in the USA. It's still good stuff, though.

I’ve run a jacket, full zip fleece, and a base layer set for about 4 years or so now. Breath ability and fit is great. Designed on more of an athletic fit so consider that when sizing. Quality gear and designed and sewn in the USA. Pricey as hell though. Wait till they run a sale and sign up for their newsletter. Sales are run often and you can save a ton of dough by waiting.

Reactions: tag_heuer