• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Experience with the No Name Tripod Two Vets is Selling?

Crang

What me worry?
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2006
    Texas Hills
    A tripod is my next major piece of gear. Of course the RRS is ideal but pretty costly. Just saw one called the No Name tripod that Two Vets Sporting Goods is bringing in. Carbon fiber, twist locks, legs splay all the way out, supports 55 lbs and gets as low as sitting and the price is right. Was designed for shooting not cameras. I cant find any feedback on the net anywhere. Would get me into one a lot quicker than the RRS- probably just put an RRS head on it and call it good. Would love some real world feedback though- especially on durability. Would make the crying on the buy once cry once easier.

Its just the tripod from what I can tell. No leveling base included. Get the impression its a new item they are importing but thats really all I know.

Looks like a direct gitzo copy. The twist locks are identical

Good afternoon craig I'm the owner of Two Vets Sporting Goods brother. I saw you had some questions regarding the tripods we are selling and I'd be happy to answer and questions you have. Currently yes they are a Chinese import tripod. At the price that we are coming in at it makes it pretty difficult for us to be building them ourselves but it is a goal we are working towards. We are very happy with them this far and they have been out a little while. We wanted a tripod that offered all the good features that won break the bank and get the job done for what you need. They offer a 75mm detachable bowl to allow you to run rrs ta 3 leveling base or the rrs soar base along with other less expensive bases on the market. 58 inch max height 21.5 folded height and comes in at 4.6 lbs. Main tube leg diameter is 34mm also comes with spike feet and caps brother. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message brother and I'll ask a couple of my customers if they'd be willing to give you feedback

Thanks- I really appreciate that. Just started my research on a tripod and it looked like it checked a lot of the boxes for the right price.....do you warranty it at all?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    I did some searching and it's Chinese stuff

Link to Details

A quick aliexpress search will find you almost every single company bringing out a tripod is just sourcing them from China. The one I got because I was not so informed has been fine so far, but who knows. I was a little disappointed in mine because I got it from a pretty well known place that I figured would've done more than just source something from Alibaba and mark it up.

After a few months of researching now, I really wish I had just taken your advice and gotten the RRS right off the bat so I wouldn't be waiting for my gear to shit itself.

Reactions: Gar. and Crang
    I have one of the Two Vets No Name tripods and I think it's a good product for the money. Strong, legs are easy to adjust, good stability with rifle in the rest and the price is good compared to other similar models. There was a video on their facebook page of a 200 pound guy hanging on it so the strength shouldn't be an issue with a 20 pound rifle. Look forward to playing with mine more at matches.

Here's a few pics.

qixwPNV.jpg

HEI0akQ.jpg

0QDEnw4.jpg

Rob- have you spent any time with a Feisol 3372? Be very interested in how they compare regarding stability.

All good. Appreciate it anyway. Been trying to figure out if the $150 gap between the two is worth it.

Received the Two Vets tripod and installed the TA-3. Looks good, feels good! Did some dry fire and now I’m looking forward to some range time next week.

Reactions: Jimwise
    2021… I compared the FLM 30, the Colorado and the No Name. Purchased the No Name. Non consequential but Dan shipped the tripod and ball head n 20 minutes. 🌭🌭🌭🌭

What’s the better option between these and the PIG0311?

While doing some research on tripods, came across the info in this post. The Two Vets tripod looked like a winner, but the deal breaker for me is the “Made in Communist China” factor. China is no friend to the USA, and no surprise there. Really Right Stuff costs more, but that “Made in USA” part is what I’m paying for and for me its worth it.

When I break that down its a lot easier to see my money go to a company that employs Americans, as apposed to Communist China that has forced labor camps. The fact that the company is called “Two vets” makes it even harder for me to buy their products. As a veteran myself, there is a commitment to the USA, not China. Too many companies have taken their manufacturing jobs to China, making it really difficult for the few manufacturers that remain to sell their USA made products and make a profit.

If this continue, there may very well be a day when products made in China cost more, and a lot more than just our money.

Marine4589 posted that their intent is to eventually sell tripods that are made in the USA, he posted that comment in 2018. I’m curious as to what progress has been made to attaining that goal? All I see right now is another company trying to rip off an American company with their cheap Chinese knock offs.