• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Any experience with USO B10 or other optics with low end magnification

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Looking for something in the 2.5-10(ish), no more than 3 power on the high end. Preferably FFP and Illuminated. Flexible on reticle choices, but for something like this I'm more looking into TMR type instead of Christmas tree/hold over reticles. I'm flexible on the high end magnification, but trying to generally keep weight down.

The USO B10 1.8-10 looked interesting. Any thoughts on this particular model or suggestions for others?

1500 +/- a few hundred budget.

Thanks

I've not used the B10, but it sure does look nice. For the specs you listed, I'd consider the Nightforce 2.5-10 scopes. I'd also strongly consider the Bushnell LRTSi 3-12x44. They have a 30% rebate going on for just about every scope Bushnell makes right now. That scope is already in your budget and the 30% off brings it way under the budget. You'd have trouble touching the price to performance ratio with any other scope.

It might help to know what you plan to use the rifle for. Is this for a hunting rifle? A compact optic for a DMR type AR15?

Will be on a DMR as well as a Tikka CTR from time to time. Mainly for hunting or at least nothing too far out if not hunting.

If you are willing to consider SFP scopes, I'd look at the Trijicon Accupower 3-9x40. I use one of those on the AR10 I hunt with. It has a simple TMR style reticle available, it has illumination and at only 17 ounces you couldn't get much lighter. It is also way cheaper than your budget.

If you want to go with FFP, the LRTSi is a really good scope, albeit one with a Christmas tree reticle. Hope that helps.

are you trying to stay around the weight of the B10? just wondering cause my 3-18 mark 6 weighs ~ 4 oz less then that scope and has a much greater range, march makes a 3-24 around the mark 6 weight too. you could also look at the 3-15 pst as i believe they are right in that weight. just some options if your main criteria is weight.

Less weight is always appreciated. I have an AMG and the USO is similar in weight, so it will feel similar. I was looking into the Mark 5 and Mark 6 lines. I wish Leupold didn't lose their minds on pricing difference when they add the illumination.

SWFA SS 3-15x42mm. Not as fancy, but its only 24oz. Burris 2-10 XTR II is around the same weight. The SWFA SS 3-9 is 20oz. Athlon Ares BTR is about 27oz if I recall correctly.

All ffp, mil/mil scopes. Might lack the $1,500 tier glass though, but will be durable, solid optics with good warranties. Burris has some sick discounts if you qualify for their mil/le program.

Looking for something in the 2.5-10(ish), no more than 3 power on the high end. Preferably FFP and Illuminated. Flexible on reticle choices, but for something like this I'm more looking into TMR type instead of Christmas tree/hold over reticles. I'm flexible on the high end magnification, but trying to generally keep weight down.

The USO B10 1.8-10 looked interesting. Any thoughts on this particular model or suggestions for others?

1500 +/- a few hundred budget.

Thanks
    I really like my b10. Turrets great. Glass is clear and crisp. Natural looking. Tooless rezero is ok, not great.

@Iggles2017

I really like my b10. Turrets great. Glass is clear and crisp. Natural looking. Tooless rezero is ok, not great.

How is the FOV at 1.8? I ask because the spec is 36’ at 100 yards, seems to indicate the scope tunnels below 3 power. Is there any truth to this?

Agreed. It would indicate it tunnels, however in reviews I've ready people say it doesn't. 36' isn't a lot for 1.8.

Thanks for the reply, sounds like its basically a 4-10x. Or, how does it look at 1.8? Are you looking through a straw or an optic at that point?

Lots of great 3-15s out there. I have a sig tango 6 that I like. Nightforce F1?

Thanks for the reply, sounds like its basically a 4-10x. Or, how does it look at 1.8? Are you looking through a straw or an optic at that point?
    1.8 looks good. Going from 1.8 to 4 tunnels. Honestly, really not an issue. If I increase magnification past 1.8 I'm usually increasing past 4x anyway.