• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any F1 racing fans?

244D33FF-06A7-4772-AA94-DA11C3C61D1E.jpeg

Aston Martin and HAAS top view. Very different designs.

I’d think so but big rule changes cause shake ups

I’ve seen 2 new F1 cars debuts and tne body work looks very different.

Just by looks alone teams are thinking differently
Kind of wonder if all these are the actual cars. Certainly with more apparent large divergence in design we may have an interesting season ahead.

Reactions: brianf
Kind of wonder if all these are the actual cars. Certainly with more apparent large divergence in design we may have an interesting season ahead.
Oh I’m sure there will be changes and modifications as the weeks go by. But I’m happy with what I see right now.

As a constant skeptic, I would expect the teams to be reluctant to share much detail about design choices they have made so far in advance of testing. Other teams would have experts carefully studying them looking for clues and possible areas they could reconsider as well.

As to predictions - the best teams have the best designers and the most resources, regardless of budget caps. I don't expect much to change. With that said, the intent was to improve the "racing" and smarter people than I were involved, so we'll just have to see.

The lightest touch to the new front wing looks like it will take out a tire.

Otherwise I don't see much difference. Much of the fancy aero might have been removed but it doesn't make them look much different. I do wish they'd scrapped the stupid shark-fin over the engine.

I really don't care much about looks, though. Will it help racing? We're months away from knowing.

I do care about cry-baby's ranting. I wish he'd just walked away after he didn't get his way, and now Russel is in "his camp".. Sick of it.

The lightest touch to the new front wing looks like it will take out a tire.

Otherwise I don't see much difference. Much of the fancy aero might have been removed but it doesn't make them look much different. I do wish they'd scrapped the stupid shark-fin over the engine.

I really don't care much about looks, though. Will it help racing? We're months away from knowing.

I do care about cry-baby's ranting. I wish he'd just walked away after he didn't get his way, and now Russel is in "his camp".. Sick of it.
Not a fan of the shark fin either; but it's not as bad as in years past at least (2017 cars). That shark fin also irritates me on LMS cars/Prototype.

Looks really do look similar; which is kind of a good thing. Considering that the front/rear wing now contribute to only 1/2 downforce vs 2/3 in the year past, I think we'll a wide diversity in performance.

If cry-baby wins this year, maybe he'll retire. Personally, I'm hoping he finishes below the top five and best that he just walk off after 4-5 races.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotjoe
Anyone else follow this week's testing?

I don't think we learned a darn thing - although I am sure the teams' telemetry told them something.

Anyone else follow this week's testing?

I don't think we learned a darn thing - although I am sure the teams' telemetry told them something.
Porpoising and at-track cutouts in floor. All I learned.

Followed it a little.
Most teams are sandbagging a little, in my opinion. I was glad to see Ferrari and McLaren with strong showings.

I saw some slow-no videos of the cars “porpoising”. In particular it was a Ferrari that really caught my attention. That has got to be a weird feeling.

I can’t wait for the first race and see them really pull out the stops.

Reactions: eflyguy
Followed it a little.
Most teams are sandbagging a little, in my opinion. I was glad to see Ferrari and McLaren with strong showings.

I saw some slow-no videos of the cars “porpoising”. In particular it was a Ferrari that really caught my attention. That has got to be a weird feeling.

I can’t wait for the first race and see them really pull out the stops.
Nothing we saw on track this week means all that much. These tests are, more or less, glorified, long term installation laps. And sandbagging. The teams got to show (possibly one use only) their liveries, and performance was far down the 'to do' list. Porpoising probably caught a number of teams by surprise... except for maybe Adrian Newey.

As for strong showings, Ferrari looked like the team to beat at the 2020 tests, and then proceeded to fall back to the mid-field during the actual races.

That being said, a comprehensive rule change and the biggest tire spec change in decades will really shake things up.

m

Reactions: eflyguy
It is valuable track time for the teams/engineers, but it doesn't tell us anything.

Holy Smokes. I hope he's got an out if they produce rubbish cars!!!

Not a doubt in my mind he has one. probably less than 3rd in constructors.. or a if he finished under a certain amount of points. just a geuss

Holy Smokes. I hope he's got an out if they produce rubbish cars!!!

I think a winning team isn’t everything, look just at Mercedes vs Red Bull, who would you rather have to work with / drive for if you’re Max ? Horner to me is the greatest manager I’ve ever seen in this sport.

I think a winning team isn’t everything, look just at Mercedes vs Red Bull, who would you rather have to work with / drive for if you’re Max ? Horner to me is the greatest manager I’ve ever seen in this sport.
Personally, I have never understood the hate for Horner or even Helmut Marko. One of biggest reasons Max isn't a triple World Champion is that Renault provided crap engines, then a year to get Honda integrated. In 2020 Max was close, but a mistake at Turkey was critical. The only team boss on the grid other than Horner to have 2 WCs is Toto.

I think it's quite nice to see a level of loyalty in this deal. He's got to have an out in case things go to shit; but that article implied he really likes "the team." It's also obvious the team likes him. I'd really have hated to see him go to Big Red, where drivers careers are destroyed. It'll be interested to see 1) Russell vs Crybaby, 2) Perez in the 2022 car, 3) How much improved Big Red and Big Orange will be.

Reactions: Schütze
Has-a-spin is gone. Good.

I just wonder how much longer Haas will be around.

Has-a-spin is gone. Good.

I just wonder how much longer Haas will be around.
I just read that. He sucked anyway; the only thing he brought was $$$. It'll be interesting. I think personally I'd go with Gio over Pietro. They need somebody with experience; though Hulkenberg would be my first choice - sign him for 2 years.

My guess is the Andretti deal will get going again and Andretti will buy Haas. Porsche will likely supply Red Bull in 2026 so they're out of the question most likely. But honestly, at this point, unless Haas has some type of ephiphany, Gene needs to shut it down and go back to US based motorsports.

Very happy to see him back in the sport. He is without doubt a very talented driver.

Such a shame he's stuck with a sub-par team, but who knows what this year will bring.

This weekend we will see how it starts to shake out. I am glad Haas got ride of Mazespin. They will miss the money he brought, but he proved he was not ready for F1. I don't know if he ever will be.

This weekend we will see how it starts to shake out. I am glad Haas got ride of Mazespin. They will miss the money he brought, but he proved he was not ready for F1. I don't know if he ever will be.
it seems in the recent past, too many drivers are behind the wheel, not because they are good, but because they have financial backing. This is a fault of the FIA.

However, I don’t believe salary caps or max funding caps are the answer. Mine is to stabilize the formula, simplify the cars and power trains and allow small teams to purchase chassis as was done in the 1950’s and 1960’s. (My opinion, Your mileage may vary)

I read where cry-baby was saying how fast Red Bull appears as well as Ferrari, then saying that Mercedes is still the best team period. Granted, he has to say that; but why even open that door? Could he not have just said, they had faster lap times; but we were pleased with our tests that they gave us teh data we need and left it at that?

I find it funny that all of the pictures show Max, Lando, and even Fernando joking around; but the ones with cry-baby have sullen faces around everybody. He must be one miserable git to hang around.

I forgot that I have a active suspicion to f1 tv until may, that’s when I’ve gotten it last year. Nice surprise, watched at least 10h of testing last weekend. Looks promising if MB isn’t sand bagging. Biggest surprise MSC made second. That Ferrari engine seems to be a great unit. Excellent job by RB. If MB showed their real potential, cry baby will be in trouble this season and wishing he had retired. I know way to early to tell, just hoping he can’t get it. By the way, Russel was faster 🤣

Reactions: BytorJr
I forgot that I have a active suspicion to f1 tv until may, that’s when I’ve gotten it last year. Nice surprise, watched at least 10h of testing last weekend. Looks promising if MB isn’t sand bagging. Biggest surprise MSC made second. That Ferrari engine seems to be a great unit. Excellent job by RB. If MB showed their real potential, cry baby will be in trouble this season and wishing he had retired. I know way to early to tell, just hoping he can’t get it. By the way, Russel was faster 🤣
I should do that instead of FUBO to get my ESPN/Sky coverage. And I can only hope cry-baby finishes like 8th or so. End his career - go do his woke bullshit elsewhere whilst incorporating his mothers name into his (nothing against his mum mind you, it's just a bit odd).

It works really well, I have a PC hooked up to the big screen tv, MS with google browser seem to work better than the browser included from Samsung. And you don’t have to get up in the middle of the night, or miss it if you aren’t home. Way more detailed reports and interviews. Even onboard camera view’s. Well worth the $79 I think.

It works really well, I have a PC hooked up to the big screen tv, MS with google browser seem to work better than the browser included from Samsung. And you don’t have to get up in the middle of the night, or miss it if you aren’t home. Way more detailed reports and interviews. Even onboard camera view’s. Well worth the $79 I think.
off the subject for sure but one of the (dis)advantages to living in the country is the internet. Our idea of fast internet is when the 20 mule wagon team driver, hits the mules twice with his whip while delivering the internet packets (normally one packet at a time).

Technically we get decent internet over the cell system but no where near fast enough for reliable streaming.

off the subject for sure but one of the (dis)advantages to living in the country is the internet. Our idea of fast internet is when the 20 mule wagon team driver, hits the mules twice with his whip while delivering the internet packets (normally one packet at a time).

Technically we get decent internet over the cell system but no where near fast enough for reliable streaming.
Yes, sorry about that. I use to live in a remote area too 15 years ago and you reminded me of these issues.
If you ever come to Florida, Tampa area I’ll let you watch F1 all weekend and supply the cold 🍻

As I sit here watching the practice while getting ready to head out to what may be my last IHMSA (style) match. I am reminded of the glory days of Ferrari and Schumacher. I would be on the line, shooting and Brenda Lea would call me on the cell to keep me informed as to how the Race was coming along. When Schumacher won, she always called. Seems like I always shot pretty good on those Sundays.

And of course, the GP race at Indianapolis was always the highlight of our summer, using it as a springboard to have a great vacation.

Just watched qualifying.
Ferrari and Red Bull look much stronger than the rest of the field at this point.

Happy to see K Mag come out of nowhere to replace Maz and then take P7….in a Haas….and only running 1 lap in both Q2 and Q3.

McLaren really regressed (or maybe didn’t progress) after early testing. Mercedes hasn’t figured it out yet. Right now they are looking solidly like 5th and 6th place cars right now.

Folks wanted a shake up and I think we got one for a little while at least.

And the new cars are really ugly in my opinion. I originally thought they looked cool, but after regally sitting down and watching them for a while this morning, they are pretty hideous.

Wow, who would have thought Honda/RedBull Engines would be crap in reliability this year? Granted, it's only the first race; but I have to say Ferrari looks VERY dominant - excellent pit stops, strong engine, no porpoising, all around solid. Merc is weak but I think will be fighting for title. VERY shocking to see Red Bull so much in chaos. Poor pit stops, etc. Yes, I realize it's the first race of the season; but in some ways it sets the tone.

However, the little battle we did have with LeClerc and Verstappen shows some hope. I'd already convinced myself that the parade would continue (and for the most part it has). I think, at least for me, 2020 and 2021 looked more promising for battles. Again, once race and a new formula. However, the cost cap is going to seriousy hamper development and that sucks.

Hats off to K-Mag. Fighting what appeared to be bad brake bias issues, he finished highest for Haas since...well, he finished that high in 2019!!!! I'd love to see Haas do well.

McClaren. Oh boy...they have a LOT of work to do as do Aston Martin. (though I think Aston's issue is Seb is nowhere near the driver people think he is and Lance is Daddy's boy so he's not a natural at racing and devloping). That should be evident in how well Albon did compared to Latifi...Albon has skills and really deserves a better car.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Horner and Marco stating fuel pump issues…. symptoms like running out of fuel. Hopefully a bad fuel tank design / pickup. Supposedly enough fuel left but not transferred to the engine. If they have mechanical engine issues that would be really bad.

What a race today - hell yeah. Forza Ferrari!

I hope McLaren and Aston Martin figure it out because RB and MB will. Haas and KMag surprised the hell out of me.

Reactions: Charlie112
Not the race I was thinking it might be and a great start to the season. For me, I would like to see 3-4 teams really run competitively.

With all the turmoil they have had it was nice to see Haas do so well.
Even seeing Schumacher finishing mid pack. A real bonus especially considering Haas (lack of) pace of the previous year

Even seeing Schumacher finishing mid pack. A real bonus especially considering Haas (lack of) pace of the previous year
I don't know the kid well; but I never liked 'daddy' Schumacher. Probably disliked him more than Senna. My Senna dislike started whenhe was running with Prost down the front straight and pushing Prost almost into the wall - I distinctly remember that. Not sure why I disliked Schumacher (dirty racer I think was my thought at the time), but it was also when my F-1 interest waned after Prost retired and Senna killed.

I'm more happy K-Mag finished high. K-Mag seems to be a good guy and I'm happy Haas may be able to keep up at F-1. I'd love to see them in top 5.

I don't know the kid well; but I never liked 'daddy' Schumacher. Probably disliked him more than Senna. My Senna dislike started whenhe was running with Prost down the front straight and pushing Prost almost into the wall - I distinctly remember that. Not sure why I disliked Schumacher (dirty racer I think was my thought at the time), but it was also when my F-1 interest waned after Prost retired and Senna killed.

I'm more happy K-Mag finished high. K-Mag seems to be a good guy and I'm happy Haas may be able to keep up at F-1. I'd love to see them in top 5.
I was late to the F1 sport and got into it just when Schumacher was coming on to the grid. In looking at the races he did seem aggressive but I am not a real expert at how everyone was racing at that time. Sort of like looking at old pro football games and how some of those hits are no longer allowed.

Not knowing if he raced dirty or just a bit more aggressively I don't think I can speak to his driving however, only based on results, he certainly achieved those. As a person he and Corinna, outside the racing environment, were very cordial and pleasant. I only interacted with them a half a dozen times through a mutual friend and only for 3-4 days at a time. Corinna's laugh and smile would light a room and he always seemed to really happy to be around her. The mutual friends attended his birthday party in Switzerland and said they were the same type of people there as when I met them. That seems pretty consistent outside the F1 environment so, from what I knew of them, they seemed like nice folks. I also dont know the boy but the girl is a pretty good equestrian, probably better than Corinna, and a good person like her mom.

I was late to the F1 sport and got into it just when Schumacher was coming on to the grid. In looking at the races he did seem aggressive but I am not a real expert at how everyone was racing at that time. Sort of like looking at old pro football games and how some of those hits are no longer allowed.

Not knowing if he raced dirty or just a bit more aggressively I don't think I can speak to his driving however, only based on results, he certainly achieved those. As a person he and Corinna, outside the racing environment, were very cordial and pleasant. I only interacted with them a half a dozen times through a mutual friend and only for 3-4 days at a time. Corinna's laugh and smile would light a room and he always seemed to really happy to be around her. The mutual friends attended his birthday party in Switzerland and said they were the same type of people there as when I met them. That seems pretty consistent outside the F1 environment so, from what I knew of them, they seemed like nice folks. I also dont know the boy but the girl is a pretty good equestrian, probably better than Corinna, and a good person like her mom.
Apples don’t fall far from the tree. My only close personal contact with Michael was at Indianapolis. After a long interview in the sun, he took the time to sign an autograph for each and every person in the crowd and it was a large crowd.

Then consider his roots. Nothing to have airs about, worked his way up, made his success happen. His sessions on the stationary bike are legendary. Want to win, work like Michael.

So, in answer to my first statement, I wouldn’t doubt in the slightest that the son and daughter are nice people.

But he drove like hell and expected to win :D

Wow. Young Schumacher is lucky!!!! That was a very hard shunt. But confirms to me the drivers need to speak up and say..."NO, we won't race on street circuits." I hate them anyway for the safety reason and removal of car/debris. Yes, one should be penalized for not staying on the track, but that's why we used to have gravel/sand traps. At least this race will be more interesting than Monaco.

That said, WTF Max Verstappen? Checo out qualified you!!!! That said, I'm ready to give Ferarri the manufacturers trophy and LeClerc the driver's trophy. They're going to be unbeatable. They did their homework on the E-10 fuel and it shows. They must have 30 or more HP than anybody else along with a very good chassis and aero. The engine shows how strong it is with Alfa and Haas.

Once we get through to some proper tracks (aka not Melbourne or Miami) then we may see if Red Bull has an answer.

It was nice though to see Hamilton out as soon as Q3 was over. Really interesting how concerned he was for young Schumacher yet when he punched Max off he could care less.

I should say I disliked the driver not the person. Heck, even Senna was actually a decent person. Though I'd say Schuey was a better person than Senna as Senna has his own brand of ethics from what I've read. It saddens me to think Michael is likely just a vegetable now after such a brilliant life; and I just hope one day he either wakes up and is somewhat normal or passes.

Checo on pole
Ferrari looking flat dominant
KMag making Q3 again for Haas
Mercedes engines at the bottom
Hamilton in P16 while Russell went P6
Ocon almost biting it on the same curb as Mick

As a new F1 fan hooked by DTS…qualifying is at least as dramatic as the actual race.

Wow. Young Schumacher is lucky!!!! That was a very hard shunt. But confirms to me the drivers need to speak up and say..."NO, we won't race on street circuits." I hate them anyway for the safety reason and removal of car/debris. Yes, one should be penalized for not staying on the track, but that's why we used to have gravel/sand traps. At least this race will be more interesting than Monaco.
This isn’t a track, its a concrete lined, tunnel, with undulating and unnecessary curves and curbs that are too Damn high! I agree totally with your thoughts. Someone or someones should have said No!

I should say I disliked the driver not the person. Heck, even Senna was actually a decent person. Though I'd say Schuey was a better person than Senna as Senna has his own brand of ethics from what I've read. It saddens me to think Michael is likely just a vegetable now after such a brilliant life; and I just hope one day he either wakes up and is somewhat normal or passes.
Having spent my life working with people with cognitive and physical disabilities, as I understand it, Michael is not vegetative. It is reported that he has watched grand prix’s with Jon Todt. His physical abilities are shot and that causes the ability to judge his cognitive poor at best and in reality, impossible. Frankly, if what I hear is correct, he is as good as he is ever going to get, and that is a very, very sad thought.

Waking up? I wish I knew a better answer, but Probably never.

Hell of a race today!!!! Outstanding!

Poor Checo got hosed by the Safety Car. Though I think I can safely say LeClerc would have won had Checo been 1st at the end of the first pit stops. As a Max fan, I hate to say this, but I'm starting to think LeClerc is every bit the driver Max is. He showed it a few times last year and in 2019. It'll be very interesting to see how this RBR vs "The Scuderia" progresses.

Newey sounded fairly concerned it'd be hard to keep bringing updates to the cars due to the cost cap; so it'll be fascinating to see how updates are brought to each team's cars.

I feel bad for Checo...he had the pace until that ill-timed crash.

Facebook F1 comment of the day: "Latifi is F1's Thanos."

Facebook F1 comment of the day, honorable mention: "Until Canada starts a war, we're stuck with Latifi."

As a new F1 fan thanks to DTS...these first two races have been spectacular. I don't really have a favorite team or driver (well, its fun to see KMag get Haas in the points the first two races), but its really hard to dislike LeClerc. I do think the whole yellow flag/'virtual safety car' thing is bullshit; if the yellow flag is flying, get the safety car out there, bunch them up, then let them restart and race.