• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any feedback on Lilja .260 Remington barrels?

Re: Any feedback on Lilja .260 Remington barrels?

Can't say about the 24" barrel but I've had two 15" barrels on my LR pistols and they are amazing. Will easily shoot with the much longer barrels and just never seem to get dirty. We've gone hundreds of rounds then just a few quick passes with a brush and a couple of wipes and it looks like chrome down the tube. Going to order another one with a straight barrel for my new build and going to be another Lilja 1:8 twist 3 groove in 260.

Topstrap

I built a 7mm-08 on a MEGA MA-TEN platform using a Lilja barrel. I'd do it again in a second. Two passes with a patch and some hoppes and its clean. It wasnt a completed barrel, it was a 7mm contoured blank that I had cut to 22" and custom chambered and installed. I was just shooting it an hour ago banging steel at 400yds with boring consistency.

I own 3 Lilja barrels......they are as good or better than any....
bill larson

I had my MA-TEN built using a 24" Lilja drop in 260. I have only shot 25 rounds to break it in and zero scope. I followed their barrel brake in procedure but I got no copper fouling after 4 rounds (and hardly any before that). I have not shot any groups with it after brake in and scope zero but from what I can tell it will be very accurate.

ar2602.jpg

Oh, one other note,

My gun is over gassed quite a bit (140g amax and H4350). I am drilling the GB and installing a set screw to regulate the gas. I would recommend getting a rail that will allow you to run an adjustable gas block. I am switching out my Troy rail for a JP rail and their low profile 936 adjustable gas block sometime down the road.

Koden- which profile did you go with? Looks like the standard contour, not the heavy. How does your rifle balance!

I went with the heavy barrel. It's got the .936 gas block diameter.

It is pretty front heavy but I don't plan on carrying it much (it weighs 15lbs). It's for long range target shooting only. I'll probably end up replacing the stock with a PRS and putting this one on my 18" Grendel. That will add a little weight to the back.