• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any good call blockers for samsung android?

Slash0311

Snafubar
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Southwest Indiana
    A couple months ago I had to update my Samsung and it made my call blocker quit working. It was blocking calls even from contacts.

Does anyone have one that works with Samsung? I want one that will block any calls not from contacts. I don't mind to pay a one time fee but I don't want to pay each month.

If you have service with Verizon, you can pay them to do call blocking (anti-spam)... Its rather expensive (like 3 bucks a month), but very effective! hope this helps man!

If you have service with Verizon, you can pay them to do call blocking (anti-spam)... Its rather expensive (like 3 bucks a month), but very effective! hope this helps man!

I do have verizon but I refuse to pay ANOTHER amount per month. Between my two phones, I'm already paying $200+ per month. (I have no wifi at home and my phone is my only internet. Data sucks)

I do have verizon but I refuse to pay ANOTHER amount per month. Between my two phones, I'm already paying $200+ per month. (I have no wifi at home and my phone is my only internet. Data sucks)

Next time your phones have to get replaced because they break, take a look and see if T-Mobile has coverage in your area, then wait for one of their special offers to come up. You'll probably be able to save quite a lot.

Can you select the last called number, edit contact and down at the bottom or something an option for block caller? I’m an iPhone user but would assume Android has something similar?

My co worker just said he has Mr. Numbers.

I have a Samsung S8+ after I get a nuisance call after I hang up then I

1) select the {recent calls}
    2) touch the nuisance number
    3) after the nuisance number is selected touch the three vertical dots in the upper right of the screen then select [Block contact]

This does not stop the first call but it stops them from calling again.

I'd like to know a good solution also. I'm a business owner so I get a ton of calls from unknown numbers. Never know if it's business or spam on the other end. And if you didn't know being a business owner you get 10x more spam calls.

Reactions: deersniper
    Thanx for the replies.

I don't answer calls I don't recognize and wait for a voicemail. I still get 4 or 5 a day! I have tried blocking single numbers when i know its spam but they just change the number.

More than likely I'll go with just putting all my contacts in a list for do not disturb.

Thanx for the replies.

I don't answer calls I don't recognize and wait for a voicemail. I still get 4 or 5 a day! I have tried blocking single numbers when i know its spam but they just change the number.

More than likely I'll go with just putting all my contacts in a list for do not disturb.
    Only thing I have found that helps is to actually answer the phone and get through there message and get to the do not call list prompt

If you actually get an asshole on the line I recommend this:

I've used them a bit and find myself laughing every time.

R

Got a text last night. Some guy named peter. Said he found my number in restroom somewhere. Aske what I liked? Told him I only wanted sex after I killed them. No response???

How about just simply not answering a call from a number you don't recognize or don't wanna talk to?
    Yeah that works great.

Unless you run a business or sell stuff.

.gov should put a stop to this shit. It hurts GDP. They are going after land lines too.

I would donate a lot of money to .gov if they would drone stroke all the telemarketers/scammers/robocalls and virus makers. I don't care if they are 14 or 94. Fuck those scum bags.

.gov is getting kickbacks or they would have taken care of this problem.

Got a text last night. Some guy named peter. Said he found my number in restroom somewhere. Aske what I liked? Told him I only wanted sex after I killed them. No response???

for the win

I use Robokiller on IOS, but on Android, there is an app called "Hiya" that works very well. Ultimately, with callers spoofing local numbers, nothing is going to be even close to perfect, but both of these apps help quite a lot.

Also, only partially related, but this is a surprisingly fun service that is also very inexpensive:
    https://jollyrogertelephone.com/

Reactions: Slash0311