• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any good tactical pants for summer?

You guys are way overthinking this shit.

Look at Haj who lives where its 110 out every day. Do you see him wearing stylish, athletic cut shit that matches the blanket on his camel and is made out of the same material that the Challenger space shuttle's failing O ring was made out of? Vents here, less material there, tighter in the crotch area so you can tactically thrust fuck yourself to death?

No. Motherfucker is wearing loose fitting clothing that covers most of his body made mostly out of cotton. Why? Because like we FINALLY figured out with the PCU system, you cannot keep heat/cold/water in or out of something forever. It's a matter of time before whatever space aged shit you have is compromised and then in most cases, it does a better job of retaining the shit you want on the outside once its on the inside.

Same goes for Haj and friends. Loose fitting clothing concedes the fact you're not going to keep the warmer air out unless you're in some Buck Rogers level enclosed space suit. You're not. So fucking forget about a AC temp guage on how cold you want your sack area to get. Secondly, and this is going to come as a fashion shock to our tight as fuck faggot pants wearing friends, but the more space between your actrual body and the clothing allows for that heat to move around and dissipate instead of turning your wrinkly ballsack area into a furnace that keeps getting stoked every fucking time you move and will only succeed in generating more heat and exponentially increasing the rate at which you get old man balls. Add that to designs where they either use non breathable materials and/or make certain areas with vents or thinner and you just have stupid fucking clothes on.

It's really that fucking simple.

I went shooting out in the desert yesterday afternoon. On my way there I pass a gym with an electronic board that has the time/date and temperature. When I passed it, it was 104 out. When I got to my shooting spot in the desert, my Kestrel said it was 107 in the shade. The ground out there which is mainly rock and sand was too hot to touch at times.

What did I wear?

Newer OCP top made for hotter weather with the sleeves rolled up a little and a thinner moisture wicking t shirt underneath. OCP pants with the kneepads (worth its weight in gold because of the rocks out there) where the pants were adjusted via the velcro and cinch system to be loose around my thighs and ankles and a sun hat. Was out there for 4 or so hours with next to no shade and was never hot.

All about the loose fit n air flow. Completely agree. It's why I buy a size or two larger and logger buttons. Works for me.

20190613_144218.jpg
20190613_144312.jpg

20% off. Had to.?

Reactions: tnichols
Nice, I'd think they would add some reach to a 7mag.

R

Definitely gonna find out. Normally shoot 168 Bergers outta my 7MM's. Should be able to see out to around 1300 if the brush and trees at my spot haven't blocked it out.

Gotta run the 180 Bergers yet as well outta the new 7. Gotta get with the program. :)

Thread is still on topic btw. I'm wearing pants. Actually, a onesie. :D

Maybe not tacticool enough but I've enjoyed shooting in my Duluth Dry on the Fly Cargo pants. Fit well, seemed durable in the pasture in Kingsville.

They aren’t so much tactical as they designed as trekking pants but the Fjällräven Vidda Pros are by far my favorite activity pants.

Reactions: texastonk
UF Pro. @Terry Cross turned me onto them. Probably one of the best tactical pants being made today (I like them more than the Crye pants). Vented specifically for the heat. Ordered from Slovenia, and on my doorstep 3 days later for $15 shipping (how can you beat that?). Don't go by the price listed, as it includes Euro Value Added Tax (VAT), which is deducted when shipping is calculated. Not cheap, but no where near as stupid a price as the Cyre's are going for these days...

https://ufpro.com/uf_pro_products/pants/82/uf_pro_striker_xt_gen_2_combat_pants/

As Terry mentioned in another thread, follow the sizing guide; it's pretty spot on.
I also like UF Pro. The junk vents are awesome. Also, check out Triple-Aught’s Force 10 AC.

Typically there’s a reason shit cost more haha. I’m with you.

That is true to a point. A pair of Walmart grade cargo pants certainly wont hold up to a pair of proper or TruSpec BDU's, vs. something made by Duluth Trading. I get that. There does, absolutely, come a time when the price exceeds the value of what you are buying. I've heard every reason to justify the purchase, and who wouldn't. We all need to have the justification of why we spent that money. In a world where the guy with the $500 Glock is competing/beating the guy with the $3k STI, he just has to work a little harder. Or the guy with the $50 pants is beating the guy in the $300 pants, he's just sweating more. I guess when the awards are given out, does the budget guy get to the tell the rich guy, "Go be rich somewhere else."?

That is true to a point. A pair of Walmart grade cargo pants certainly wont hold up to a pair of proper or TruSpec BDU's, vs. something made by Duluth Trading. I get that. There does, absolutely, come a time when the price exceeds the value of what you are buying. I've heard every reason to justify the purchase, and who wouldn't. We all need to have the justification of why we spent that money. In a world where the guy with the $500 Glock is competing/beating the guy with the $3k STI, he just has to work a little harder. Or the guy with the $50 pants is beating the guy in the $300 pants, he's just sweating more. I guess when the awards are given out, does the budget guy get to the tell the rich guy, "Go be rich somewhere else."?
Yeah I guess so. Im all for whomever buying whatever. Not sure anyone said Crye gives a man competitive edge but could be wrong. Some guys just like nice shit. Some can swing it and choose not to. Some can’t and buy expensive gear. The fact still remains the higher amount of tech put into a fabric or garment the more it costs. Same with your example.

I bought one pair of 5.11s and loved the crotch stitch and pockets.

But then I realized hiking pants have similar pockets, stretch, AND breathe for a similar if not lower price. (And can be used without flagging yourself as a gun owner.)

If not, kuhl is decent, and you'd be surprised at what you'd get out of work pants/cargos.

Yeah I guess so. Im all for whomever buying whatever. Not sure anyone said Crye gives a man competitive edge but could be wrong. Some guys just like nice shit. Some can swing it and choose not to. Some can’t and buy expensive gear. The fact still remains the higher amount of tech put into a fabric or garment the more it costs. Same with your example.

Just like anything else manufactured, the more a work piece is touched by tooling and such, the more the cost goes up. When you look at clothing, it's stitching (the number of individual stitchings) that causes costs to go up. Every extra pleat, stitched/double stitched reinforcement, every extra button or snap or fastner; it all drives the cost up. Does one need all this? Probably not. Does it provide easier use, more comfort or a performance edge? Possibly. It's up to the individual to decide if it is worth it to them.

For me, being a tall and lanky (but fit) individual, I've experienced all too often the "government sizes" of clothing (everything comes in two sizes; too big, and too small). Most clothes in the US are designed for the couch potato in mind. "Size 34" is rarely a true "34"; more often they're a 35 or 36. Same goes for length. Having a 32" waist but 35 1/2 in inseam makes getting clothing that fits, tough. So I end up paying more regardless, and perhaps that has desensitized me to the cost of clothing. Heck, these are tactical pants, try buying a nice suit when you're a "european athletic fit" type. I'll end up spending anywhere from $600 (minimum, on sale) to $1000 on a decent two piece suit. Some will say that that is ridiculous, but after travelling 20 hrs via airplane to attend meetings that may garner a $100 million dollar contract value, having a nice suit, travels well, is small potatoes. Now think about that, and figure you need at least 6-9 suits for hectic times of meetings and travel. Let that sink in a bit...

The same goes for tactical clothing IME. Sure, cheap stuff can work, and sometimes last longer. But it comes down to functionality and comfort. The more of either (generally speaking), the higher the cost. If you're just slinging rounds down range at a match or two, I get it. But some here (such as myself) also spend a fair amount of time outside in the elements. Whether for work (as in my case) or for a serious hobby (shooting, hunting, hiking, etc.) when spending a lot of time in those environments, comfort and usability matter, and some are willing and able to afford it. Yes, there will be geardos and gear queers; always have been, always will be. But, having nice gear matters to some of us that use it as it was intended. Even more so, when it's your off time.

Time matters. It's what we get paid for; not our skills, not our effectiveness, not our proficiency. Sure those things matter, but they all do one thing; they reduce how much TIME it takes us to do something. So, we're paid (ultimately) for our time. That being said, personal TIME becomes even more valuable. So, for many, it makes sense to be as comfortable as possible while expending that precious TIME on something we like to do. And thus, spend what they do on gear.

I think most of us spent younger years using what was available and dealing with it. But as you age, many begin to realize that money is just score keeping, memories of pursuing passions are more important than worries about finances, and your time is what really matters.

I have 2 pairs of Crye Field Pants and for the past 7 years they have been awesome. I wear them daily for everything from work (sitting in an office) to tactical training to building a garage to digging planting beds for the wife. I have worn them when it's 110F putting up a privacy fence in Dallas to shoveling snow in St Louis. There hasn't been a job or task that I have done where I ever thought I would need something else. I would definitely get them again without hesitation.

I do have other pants I mix in but I am in my Crye pants 90% of the time. Buy once, save the crying for when you really need it.

Reactions: charnicus
Just like anything else manufactured, the more a work piece is touched by tooling and such, the more the cost goes up. When you look at clothing, it's stitching (the number of individual stitchings) that causes costs to go up. Every extra pleat, stitched/double stitched reinforcement, every extra button or snap or fastner; it all drives the cost up. Does one need all this? Probably not. Does it provide easier use, more comfort or a performance edge? Possibly. It's up to the individual to decide if it is worth it to them.

For me, being a tall and lanky (but fit) individual, I've experienced all too often the "government sizes" of clothing (everything comes in two sizes; too big, and too small). Most clothes in the US are designed for the couch potato in mind. "Size 34" is rarely a true "34"; more often they're a 35 or 36. Same goes for length. Having a 32" waist but 35 1/2 in inseam makes getting clothing that fits, tough. So I end up paying more regardless, and perhaps that has desensitized me to the cost of clothing. Heck, these are tactical pants, try buying a nice suit when you're a "european athletic fit" type. I'll end up spending anywhere from $600 (minimum, on sale) to $1000 on a decent two piece suit. Some will say that that is ridiculous, but after travelling 20 hrs via airplane to attend meetings that may garner a $100 million dollar contract value, having a nice suit, travels well, is small potatoes. Now think about that, and figure you need at least 6-9 suits for hectic times of meetings and travel. Let that sink in a bit...

The same goes for tactical clothing IME. Sure, cheap stuff can work, and sometimes last longer. But it comes down to functionality and comfort. The more of either (generally speaking), the higher the cost. If you're just slinging rounds down range at a match or two, I get it. But some here (such as myself) also spend a fair amount of time outside in the elements. Whether for work (as in my case) or for a serious hobby (shooting, hunting, hiking, etc.) when spending a lot of time in those environments, comfort and usability matter, and some are willing and able to afford it. Yes, there will be geardos and gear queers; always have been, always will be. But, having nice gear matters to some of us that use it as it was intended. Even more so, when it's your off time.

Time matters. It's what we get paid for; not our skills, not our effectiveness, not our proficiency. Sure those things matter, but they all do one thing; they reduce how much TIME it takes us to do something. So, we're paid (ultimately) for our time. That being said, personal TIME becomes even more valuable. So, for many, it makes sense to be as comfortable as possible while expending that precious TIME on something we like to do. And thus, spend what they do on gear.

I think most of us spent younger years using what was available and dealing with it. But as you age, many begin to realize that money is just score keeping, memories of pursuing passions are more important than worries about finances, and your time is what really matters.
I couldn’t agree more with this.

I couldn’t agree more with this.

Sorry for the soapbox lecture this morning. ☺ I just got out of surgery/ICU yesterday from having a stent inserted in my carotid at the base of my skull. So, quality of life and the sense of time, have had a higher importance to me the past few weeks...

Sorry for the soapbox lecture this morning. ☺ I just got out of surgery/ICU yesterday from having a stent inserted in my carotid at the base of my skull. So, quality of life and the sense of time, have had a higher importance to me the past few weeks...
Holy shit! I hope you’re doing well. Not going to lie I had to Google that. Can’t even imagine...

I thought it was a good 2 cents by the way.

Reactions: MarinePMI
You guys are way overthinking this shit.

Look at Haj who lives where its 110 out every day. Do you see him wearing stylish, athletic cut shit that matches the blanket on his camel and is made out of the same material that the Challenger space shuttle's failing O ring was made out of? Vents here, less material there, tighter in the crotch area so you can tactically thrust fuck yourself to death?

No. Motherfucker is wearing loose fitting clothing that covers most of his body made mostly out of cotton. Why? Because like we FINALLY figured out with the PCU system, you cannot keep heat/cold/water in or out of something forever. It's a matter of time before whatever space aged shit you have is compromised and then in most cases, it does a better job of retaining the shit you want on the outside once its on the inside.

Same goes for Haj and friends. Loose fitting clothing concedes the fact you're not going to keep the warmer air out unless you're in some Buck Rogers level enclosed space suit. You're not. So fucking forget about a AC temp guage on how cold you want your sack area to get. Secondly, and this is going to come as a fashion shock to our tight as fuck faggot pants wearing friends, but the more space between your actrual body and the clothing allows for that heat to move around and dissipate instead of turning your wrinkly ballsack area into a furnace that keeps getting stoked every fucking time you move and will only succeed in generating more heat and exponentially increasing the rate at which you get old man balls. Add that to designs where they either use non breathable materials and/or make certain areas with vents or thinner and you just have stupid fucking clothes on.

It's really that fucking simple.

I went shooting out in the desert yesterday afternoon. On my way there I pass a gym with an electronic board that has the time/date and temperature. When I passed it, it was 104 out. When I got to my shooting spot in the desert, my Kestrel said it was 107 in the shade. The ground out there which is mainly rock and sand was too hot to touch at times.

What did I wear?

Newer OCP top made for hotter weather with the sleeves rolled up a little and a thinner moisture wicking t shirt underneath. OCP pants with the kneepads (worth its weight in gold because of the rocks out there) where the pants were adjusted via the velcro and cinch system to be loose around my thighs and ankles and a sun hat. Was out there for 4 or so hours with next to no shade and was never hot.

costco brand jeans they are made of the stretch material , I wear them for my job and I am in a dyno booth with temps over 120 on avg and they are light weight none bunching touch as nails I kneel in them weld in them grind , etc for 15 bucks I am good do not need " custom shooting pants

costco brand jeans they are made of the stretch material , I wear them for my job and I am in a dyno booth with temps over 120 on avg and they are light weight none bunching touch as nails I kneel in them weld in them grind , etc for 15 bucks I am good do not need " custom shooting pants

Everybody has different tolerances for temperature. For me, all of the 'flex' jeans are far warmer than the normal cotton jeans, they don't seem to breath nearly as well, and I think normal jeans are pretty terrible for summer wear. Keep in mind, I'm in San Antonio which has 50%+ humidity on top of the 100F+ temperatures. Dry heat is a different ballgame.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Best in hot weather are Duluth Trading Co. "DuluthFlex Dry On the Fly pants". They are light and fairly durable. 97% Nylon or something like that.

Wish someone would make a pair of pants for shooting with the outer kneepads but without the 500 pockets and crap. A pair of khakis with knee pads like the crye. Regular wrangler khakis ar like 25$ they just need the pads!!!!

Buy the longest leg in your waist size or buy a few pairs at once and have someone make the knee pad pocket from the cut off leg length or use one pair to make several pockets. If you are buying a pair to make pockets buy the largest size, more fabric in the legs.

Everybody has different tolerances for temperature. For me, all of the 'flex' jeans are far warmer than the normal cotton jeans, they don't seem to breath nearly as well, and I think normal jeans are pretty terrible for summer wear. Keep in mind, I'm in San Antonio which has 50%+ humidity on top of the 100F+ temperatures. Dry heat is a different ballgame.
fort worth so we are dealing with the same temps the costco one are my only dealings but they are very light weight and breath far better than any cotton jeans I have worn .

It's a dry heat my ass. Anyone that's been to the 'box can tell you it's more often humid as shit. Especially the closer to the gulf you are.
Now you get that north wind off the desert and it feels like a blow torch and pushes out the humidity and yes, it's dry AF. But let that air be still and you'll see things like 100* at midnight....and foggy.
Worst day ever was Bahrain in late 90's. Maybe 2000? Don't recall. What I do recall was 138* in the shade with 92% humidity. That was a long ass day.

Humidity in Bahrain sucks, and I was there the nice time of the year.

I wish I had read the whole thread. WTF is the tactical pirouette about?

• Haha
Reactions: seansmd
I switched over to the Sitka Mountain pants for shooting matches. Light enough for summer but I should be able to wear them into October and use them for now hunting if need be.