• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any guess as to what this is?

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
This was given to me a while back. It seems to be some type of aiming device. I couldn't take a pic of the reticule but it's sort of an inverted Christmas tree marked at regularly spaced intervals, 8,16,32 and then 42. Glass is in good shape and it's heavy. It is marked TELESCOPE M71K.

091.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

Re: Any guess as to what this is?

Just a guess from an old tanker here. The gloss white paint definitely links it to armor.

Direct sighting telescopes for use in a M24 Chaffee light tank.

V10 Telescope, M71C, M71D, M71G, M71K, M71N

Dang that was fast. I know it would take a tank to haul it around. Thanks gentlemen.

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Direct sighting telescopes for use in a M24 Chaffee light tank.

V10 Telescope, M71C, M71D, M71G, M71K, M71N </div></div>

Any idea what it might be worth?

Have some custom rings made and mount that to your rifle. Guaranteed to be unique.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I couldn't take a pic of the reticule but it's sort of an inverted Christmas tree marked at regularly spaced intervals, ...</div></div>
They better watch out or someone who has patented "the grid" in reticles is gonna sue their ass.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I couldn't take a pic of the reticule but it's sort of an inverted Christmas tree marked at regularly spaced intervals, ...</div></div>
They better watch out or someone who has patented "the grid" in reticles is gonna sue their ass.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Now that's funny right there!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I couldn't take a pic of the reticule but it's sort of an inverted Christmas tree marked at regularly spaced intervals, ...</div></div>
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Now that's funny right there!!! </div></div>

Yep, that's pretty funny.

I think i saw this thing on pawn stars, or some other show on discovery the other night!

BobinNC: Good call. That's why this site rocks!
cool.gif