• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any guitar players?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    We have any guitar players on the hide? I convinced myself to fully learn how to play once and for all by just snagging a PRS amp, Boogie 2x12, and my standby Silverburst. Always digged Paul’s, and dumbest thing I ever did was sell my Gibson.

Been playing around with Rocksmith; pretty cool game on my Xbox that teaches me songs with my actual LP. It will suffice until I can find time for formal lessons.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
    Can't go wrong with that amp/cab combo. Which PRS head specifically? Let's have some pics of the silverburst and the amp

Go forth and Shrrreddd . I play bass . Not really up to date with amps and effects .
    Back in the day ran a Galleon Kruger head and Hartke cabinets . Ran a 1200 watt Peavy set up at one point but the amps were to sterile . Sorry I didnt swap out the rack mount amps for tubed amps .

Use to play a 6 string for years, but the first time I tinkered with a 12 string the 6 seemed so dull, I never went back. With my hands they way they are now, my playing days have been over for about 10 years.

I've been at it for a while. Currently running a Mesa T/A head through a 2x12 cab. Feeding it noises n stuff with one of the following ...'89 Strat, '16 Strat Deluxe, PRS Standard 24, Jon Hill Custom 24 or Jackson Dinky Reverse. Damn things follow you home from time to time and next thing you know they have their own fucking tribe living in a closet!o_O

ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger, 75 Vox practice amp, Soldano Hot Rod 50 head and a Soldano 4/12 slant. Haven’t played in years but still haze the neighbors now and again?

15455B50-AE34-44E8-A920-28971C3D113F.jpeg
    48F14833-45CB-4105-93A0-E4E27F6E48BF.jpeg

Last edited:
    If you want to know about gear check out Phillip McKnight of "Know Your Gear"on YouTube. He's amazing.

I used to have upwards of 12 guitars. Lots of gigging etc. Favorites were, 1994 Japanese made Jackson Warrior Pro, Gibson Gothic flying V, Gibson SG standard, Randall RH120 w/ Randall 4x12.
    Guitar players in my band ended up with the modular Randall Heads. Really dig the Randall stuff for what it does.

We've got a Mann 12 string acoustic/electric here. I've been thinking about learning how to play it.

Too many other things going on since Christmas for me to even contemplate it, but if/when I do learn how to twang it, then if I ever pick up a 6 string it would be easier, right?

Aim for the stars, eh?

Last edited:
    Too many other things going on since Christmas for me to even contemplate it, but if/when I do learn how to twang it, then if I ever pick up a 6 string it would be easier, right?
    Not really, I transitioned from Gibson Gospel a to a Fender 12 string fairly easily. The different neck sizes to me were never an issue as I have large hands, an back in those days had a lot of finger speed an strength. Most either love or hate playing a 12 string, I loved it. Done right it sounds like 2 or more instruments working perfectly, I almost got there but,...

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    If you want to know about gear check out Phillip McKnight of "Know Your Gear"on YouTube. He's amazing.

I’ve watched quite a few of his vids. Fluff and Ola Englund are on my feed as well.

Jesus...if you have that many axes I’m scared to know what kinda amps you have laying around

Not big anymore, had an amp blow just before a gig. Went digital after that and never looked back.

Not big anymore, had an amp blow just before a gig. Went digital after that and never looked back.

I am fighting my stupid JSX combo right now (either a faulty reverb or bad tubes). Sometimes wish I stayed solid state but just like the tubes.

What are you running?

I just picked this up. For an Epiphonen it plays and sounds damn good, I just need to do a little action adjustment to get it perfect.

Attachments

• 0C5F91A0-4144-472F-BC27-672955BAF3BE.jpeg
      0C5F91A0-4144-472F-BC27-672955BAF3BE.jpeg
      634.6 KB · Views: 30
    I am fighting my stupid JSX combo right now (either a faulty reverb or bad tubes). Sometimes wish I stayed solid state but just like the tubes.

What are you running?

I use an AxeFX usually just have it pumped through the monitors or lately, in-ears. Which, once you get good in-ears and a good feed, is the best, at least for me.

Brother that’s some sweet Jackson eye candy!? One of my biggest regrets is selling my 24 fret neck through but young family needs took priority and she had to go. Late 80’s was some seriously bad ass times to play and extremely cool to see talented young players pick up the mantle and burn up the fret boards again. Shred is back!?

Best thing a guitar teacher ever taught me was play every second I could for six months. Practice chords, scales, d-tuning, re-tuning, picking, finger picking, harmonics, songs, pieces of songs, just bust out something on your own. He said after you do that, stop playing for two weeks, a month, and just listen to music. Then pick up the guitar after that break ... the difference in your ear, fingers, and general ability is going to be immense.

Best thing a guitar teacher ever taught me was play every second I could for six months. Practice chords, scales, d-tuning, re-tuning, picking, finger picking, harmonics, songs, pieces of songs, just bust out something on your own. He said after you do that, stop playing for two weeks, a month, and just listen to music. Then pick up the guitar after that break ... the difference in your ear, fingers, and general ability is going to be immense.

And not just Rock? Cello, violin and flute are my 3 favorites outside of guitar. Used to go to the practice hall in college, sit in a room adjacent to our national cellist and just listen.....Absolutely think it improved my playing.?

Reactions: Limedust
    A few of mine, don’t play as much as I would like anymore.

Attachments

• 04DDC67D-6954-41BA-8356-3A5BB774EDD5.jpeg
      04DDC67D-6954-41BA-8356-3A5BB774EDD5.jpeg
      345.4 KB · Views: 36