• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any hands-on experience with JAE Rem700 stock?

YAOG

Enjoy guns not the politics
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
SoCal native
I handled a fully optioned Remington 700 JAE chassis at a gun show recently and was very favorably impressed by the quality and options for this stock. Does anybody have or tried one of these new J. Allen Enterprise alloy stock? How does it shoot? Weight compared to McMillan? Quality of component fit etc.?

Thanks!

home_page_04.jpg

Re: Any hands-on experience with JAE Rem700 stock?

ON NO...not again!!

Try running a search of the Hide for "JAE700" for the last 6mos or so and see what comes up. I am not going to hash out all of the issues with this system again, but suffice it to say that they are NOT yet commercially available despite being in the works for several years now with a multitude of pre-paid customers anxiously awaiting arrival of the stocks they paid for 2-3yrs ago. They have recently been promised to those pre-ordered masses as soon as this summer, but again, only time will tell if that will happen or when people who have not pre-ordered can expect stocks.

Its currently unobtanium, they have been due to come out several times and still a no show. Still they look like a nice stock, heavy as hell, but very adjustable. They have set a new date for them to be released some time this summer, although im not holding my breath, you might check out the AICS AX, its due to be out this summer as well and looks to be pretty slick and similarly priced, if I wasn't in the middle of a M40A1 build right now, I'd be saving for one.

I'm not sure I would trust a stock manufacturer who doesn't know what way a GG&G bipod goes on... just sayin'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ON NO...not again!!

Try running a search of the Hide for "JAE700" for the last 6mos or so and see what comes up. I am not going to hash out all of the issues with this system again, but suffice it to say that they are NOT yet commercially available despite being in the works for several years now with a multitude of pre-paid customers anxiously awaiting arrival of the stocks they paid for 2-3yrs ago. They have recently been promised to those pre-ordered masses as soon as this summer, but again, only time will tell if that will happen or when people who have not pre-ordered can expect stocks. </div></div>

Will do, thanks ORD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure I would trust a stock manufacturer who doesn't know what way a GG&G bipod goes on... just sayin'. </div></div>

You are correct,hmmmm......Goodshootin'

~Reagan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure I would trust a stock manufacturer who doesn't know what way a GG&G bipod goes on... just sayin'. </div></div>

Looks like the monopod is oriented O.K. to me. Don't they stow forward?

Accu-Shot Monopod...correctly installed.

GG&G bipod...looks bassackward to me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure I would trust a stock manufacturer who doesn't know what way a GG&G bipod goes on... just sayin'. </div></div>

Looks like the monopod is oriented O.K. to me. Don't they stow forward? </div></div>The bipod is backwards, not the monopod. Here is a pic of a GG&G mounted forward:
gila1.jpg

That reminds me of being at the range the other day. An older guy was there with a Savage, and he had a Harris with a podlock on it, installed backwards. I didn't want to sound like a know-it-all, so I didn't say a word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Accu-Shot Monopod...correctly installed.

GG&G bipod...looks bassackward to me! </div></div>

Opps, misread. My bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I handled a fully optioned Remington 700 JAE chassis at a gun show recently and was very favorably impressed by the quality and options for this stock. Does anybody have or tried one of these new J. Allen Enterprise alloy stock? How does it shoot? Weight compared to McMillan? Quality of component fit etc.?

Thanks!

home_page_04.jpg
</div></div>

I've had my hands on their M1 version of the stock. Very nice. Fits well. Didn't strike me as being too heavy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure I would trust a stock manufacturer who doesn't know what way a GG&G bipod goes on... just sayin'.</div></div>

Maybe they want to stow the legs backwards against the stock...? At least the GG&G won't fold up under loading thanks to the locking mechanism.