• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

any idea's on a rem260 load for 1,000 yards?

308sniper

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
oklahoma
just bought a rem 260 and looking for a good factory load...looking at the corbon 140 gr. and 123gr for varmints.. and idea's?

Re: any idea's on a rem260 load for 1,000 yards?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cool, is that a good long distance round?</div></div>

in a word.....yes

good,thanks very much!!what about the 123gr. lapua scenar round?

you know....most here that launch at 1000yd and beyond with their .260 , do it with a custom barreled gun, one that has a specific reamer made for a particular bullet with hand rolled home made jocked up magic.....

i'm just sayin.................on that 1000 yard thing.

What choo talkin about willis...I launch Rem Factory soft points out to 1K.

Vu

the guy i got it from had 3 grand in it and only a half of box of shells shot through it.he lost his job and had to sell it...i got it for a grand!

The Corbon route is your best bet or if you can get some BlackHills 260rem rounds from GAP..George might have some around still.

Vu

all so what is the best subsonic load for my 308? just bought a supressor for it and looking,wanting to have them loaded myself

Realize your wanting factory but if you do get around to reloading. In my .260 space gun that I'll shot NRA LR with (2 seasons ago) I run 142gr SMKs with H4831SC powder. Friend of mine runs 130gr JLKs with H1000 powder.

cool man thanks,everyone is very heplful....thanks again for all your input

Roll your own & use 139 Grain Scenars. With respects to powder, I use 43 grains of IMR4350... the only reason I use the IMR4350 is because I can get my hands on it. This combination has no problem stretching out to 1000 yards, as long as the person behind the stick does his part.

I'm using 142 SMK with H4831SC I have shot 100 139 scenars and they did really good. I'm going with the SMK cause I have 3k of them. And talking about going 1K with them I have hit a 12" circle at 1 mile. Defintly not real accurate at that distance with me behind the gun at least. But I have had first shot hit a 1200 yrds before. And got several 2" groups at 600yds. And have killed 4 deer with it all past 550 yards. I dont think you can beat a .260 for a short range round. It will do 1000yds with ease. Alot less drop and wind drift as compared to the .308.

Impressive, beats my best...

When I shot LR, I used 142SMK's and H4350.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm using 142 SMK with H4831SC I have shot 100 139 scenars and they did really good. I'm going with the SMK cause I have 3k of them. And talking about going 1K with them I have hit a 12" circle at 1 mile. Defintly not real accurate at that distance with me behind the gun at least. But I have had first shot hit a 1200 yrds before. And got several 2" groups at 600yds. And have killed 4 deer with it all past 550 yards. I dont think you can beat a .260 for a short range round. It will do 1000yds with ease. Alot less drop and wind drift as compared to the .308. </div></div>

You know the phrase "with all due respect" well we all know that means your about to get disrespected. I don't post much but I just couldn't avoid this one.

In short a 2" group is more random at 600yds with a .260 and not a consistancy. I have punched a few holes within an inch of eachother at that distance but it is not repeatable nor would I brag about a 1" group at 600yds. I guarantee if you came to my farm land and put you 600yds away from the target and had you show me your 2" group capability, you would fail. Oh sure out of 10 rounds a few will be right next to eachother. I had a friend who would cut the target out avoiding the more distant holes in order to brag about a 1", 2" or 3" group. If you could make 2" groups at 600yds you would be the NRA Long Range Rifle Champion. Maybe we should put you up against David Tubb to show him a few tricks. And by all means one mile (1,760yds) 12" hits. Come on even Santa knows that is bull... ho ho. Oh sure eventualy you will ring the plate with enough rounds raining down at 1,760 y a r d s.. but seriously dude, you must be a danger beyond belief with a .260remington at 1760yds. You are the Fedor of the shooting world. Carlos rest peacefully... and semper fi.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: my191145</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm using 142 SMK with H4831SC I have shot 100 139 scenars and they did really good. I'm going with the SMK cause I have 3k of them. And talking about going 1K with them I have hit a 12" circle at 1 mile. Defintly not real accurate at that distance with me behind the gun at least. But I have had first shot hit a 1200 yrds before. And got several 2" groups at 600yds. And have killed 4 deer with it all past 550 yards. I dont think you can beat a .260 for a short range round. It will do 1000yds with ease. Alot less drop and wind drift as compared to the .308. </div></div>

You know the phrase "with all due respect" well we all know that means your about to get disrespected. I don't post much but I just couldn't avoid this one.

In short a 2" group is more random at 600yds with a .260 and not a consistancy. I have punched a few holes within an inch of eachother at that distance but it is not repeatable nor would I brag about a 1" group at 600yds. I guarantee if you came to my farm land and put you 600yds away from the target and had you show me your 2" group capability, you would fail. Oh sure out of 10 rounds a few will be right next to eachother. I had a friend who would cut the target out avoiding the more distant holes in order to brag about a 1", 2" or 3" group. If you could make 2" groups at 600yds you would be the NRA Long Range Rifle Champion. Maybe we should put you up against David Tubb to show him a few tricks. And by all means one mile (1,760yds) 12" hits. Come on even Santa knows that is bull... ho ho. Oh sure eventualy you will ring the plate with enough rounds raining down at 1,760 y a r d s.. but seriously dude, you must be a danger beyond belief with a .260remington at 1760yds. You are the Fedor of the shooting world. Carlos rest peacefully... and semper fi.
</div></div>

____________________________________________________________________________________

He never said any of those shots or groups were "consistent". His post seemed humble and plausable. Your post, on the other hand, did not. I would practice your reading comprehension skills AND your shooting skills. Those claims aren't ridiculous. They require good equipment, good skill and good conditions, but they are very possible. With all due respect.