• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Any info on these?

The_New_Sniper

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
NJ
DBAL-PL | Lasers & Illuminators (Laser Devices | World-Class Lasers & Tactical Lights)

They're basically IR/Laser/Light combo. One click on the right turns on laser/light combo (can't turn each on separately which sucks), and another turns on an IR laser/light combo (again, can't turn each one).

Are there any information/reviews on these? I looked everywhere, they're pretty expensive but like a cheaper alternative to most pistol IR/laser/light combos that run 1k+ and are available to only LE. LaserDevices are pretty trust worthy considering their Dbal-I2 has recieved a lot of praise.

They seemed like a cool unit at SHOT. I will end up getting at least one. The only thing that jumped out at me was how visible the illuminator was to the naked eye. However, if you are handy with kydex or in a machine shop, it is shaped to where you could easily make a cover with an IR pass through filter that only covers the illuminator.

They seemed like a cool unit at SHOT. I will end up getting at least one. The only thing that jumped out at me was how visible the illuminator was to the naked eye. However, if you are handy with kydex or in a machine shop, it is shaped to where you could easily make a cover with an IR pass through filter that only covers the illuminator.

Alright, thanks! So I'm guessing it could mess up vision when using NV.

Get it and be done!!!!

What else you need to know?

You got NV?

I don't own NV, but a co-worker of mine does (he owns this $3k unit, forgot it's name). We go shooting very frequently together after work, and I want to get this for his HK45 as a gift.

Alright, thanks! So I'm guessing it could mess up vision when using NV.

I don't own NV, but a co-worker of mine does (he owns this $3k unit, forgot it's name). We go shooting very frequently together after work, and I want to get this for his HK45 as a gift.

No it's not that bright, it just emits a noticeable red glow. But that may not be the case with the production model either...who knows? I'm sure there are LDI dealers here who are more in the know than myself.

What a good friend! You and I could be friends ya know...

No it's not that bright, it just emits a noticeable red glow. But that may not be the case with the production model either...who knows? I'm sure there are LDI dealers here who are more in the know than myself.

What a good friend! You and I could be friends ya know...

Oh, thanks for the input.

And ha, sorry :). He's my mentor in my workplace, and I want it to be my thank you gift for his help + getting me into shooting.

It would be nice if the button arrangement didn't favor only a certain mounting orientation. I think if they had it on the back like an x300 or TLR they'd be bomber on a CQB gun. A ton of guys run the x300 and TLR at 12 o'clock, this would smoke both of those.

Maybe I just need to get my hands on one, but I feel like wedging your thumb in between a rail and the light on the underside of the light would be harder to do than using it on a pistol.

Contact Camille at
ModArmory.com

She has info re these. We talked about them last week. From what I recall they are in the 625$ area MSRP. As of last week none were in yet

The PL units will not be available until the March/April 2014 time frame. We had working units in our Shot Show booth and tested the first working models late last year.

Vic

P.S. We've already put our orders in for these so we hope to have these as soon as they're officially released from LDI.

Last edited:
Will these come in a green laser? And will it be a direct drive green laser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk