• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Interest shooting out to 3,000 yards in SW VA?

Re: Any Interest shooting out to 3,000 yards in SW VA?

I'm still trying to meet up with the land owner. I hope to be able to do that soon, but he's a hard man to catch up with, as he doesn't live in the area.

I would be interested as well and for night time entertainment I can bring a Coon dog.Be some good times with good people who share a love for the same thing.Can`t beat that!

I'm going to put out a 3000 yard bounty. It will be a challenge (obviously). LMK if you guys get this hooked up.

I'm still working on this deal. Right now I still have a place to shoot out to 1,400, and can go to a friends place an shoot out to 2,660. I feel fortunate, don't get me wrong, but I would love to have a place to host shoots for all those with simular interest.

I would defiantly be interested especially if you had a big shoot.

Let`s hurry up and get this done before I get a job!
grin.gif

I am trying to schedule a meeting with the owner of the property this coming Saturday. If I can, then I will let everyone know the results.

I have been successful at generating some very local interest. In fact I just sold a guy a Lawton .408 Cheytac, today, so he's very interested in shooting long range, and have another customer that is wanting a custom build.

Good news guys, I'm supose to meet with the owner of the property Friday, and decusse the details. I will let everyone know if it is a go this weekend. Thank for all of the interest.

I am very interested as well let us know how the meeting goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SwVaGlocker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very interested as well let us know how the meeting goes.

</div></div>

Will do, and I'm hoping for the best.

The owner was sick Friday, and had to reschedule for Monday. I will keep everyone posted.

Well, we spoke with the owner today, and unfortunatly he was misstaken on which property we were interested in leaseing. That property is already leased. However, he did tell use about two more properties he has, that are just as many acres, that we can lease. So, as soon as I get a chance to look at them, I'll let everyone know if we have a place to shoot 3G or not.

I'm interested, I have already been searching VA for land to buy for retirement where I can shoot at least out to 1K

3000 yards is a long way, I'm running 300 gr bergers 2757 fps w/ a bc of .891 and they go sub sonic around 2100 yards, today I had a 4th round hit today at 2400, truly not to repeatable, that is as far as I dare push unless i bump velocity. Got a great range w/ steel 475 to 2500 and everywhere in between. but 3000 wow.

Maybe shop for 375 or 408 ?

Most of us are shooting .50 BMG's, .408 Cheytec, or .416 Barretts.

i've been trying to find land to open up a long distance range but no one in central va will lease any.

We are still trying to work out a place to shoot out to 3,000 yards, since we lost our old place; but if anyone wants to come shooting out to 1,400 yards you can join us any weekend. We shoot just outside of Abingdon, VA. Just call the shop 276-628-9680. and ask for me, Richard.

That's great, I've been looking for a place to stretch my .338LM out and I only live about 40 minutes from Abingdon. This summer I will definitely take you up on the offer, which is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kevin.

Col- I'll be definitely giving you a call as soon as I get my gun back from getting a little work done. I'm about 2.5 hrs away. Thanks!

Sounds good, we're always looking for a few more people to shoot with. We normally go on Sundays we go and start shooting about 10am, and stop for lunch. We normally grill hot dogs, and Bratwurst, and the go back to shooting when everyone finsihes eating. We shoot till we're out of ammo, or just to tired to shoot anymore. Just give me a call, and we'll make it happen.

Well all this talk and i have been shooting alone , Col.Kurtz im gonna holler at ya and hopefully come shoot , ive got some places to shoot also but again the more the merrier. Washington county native myself .

All I have is a 338 Lapua if I could just get to shoot out to 1500+ I'd be thrilled .. Please keep me in the loop I will drive ..

Any new info on the area for shooting? With the warm weather approaching I figured more people would be out shooting.

We have been shooting about every Sunday. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the 3,000 yard range didn't work out, but we do have a place to shoot out to 1,400 anytime. We are still working on a place to shoot out to 1,900 at least, we are waiting on permission fron the land owner. Give me a call at the shop if you'd like to go shooting sometime. We shoot anything that get there, slug guns, pistols, and rifles, as long as you can shoot it to 500 yards or more, we don't care. If you can't shoot that far, or would like to learn what it takes, bring a gun, and some ammo, and we will help you get there. We have a formal bench type setup, that we can use to get you zeroed and on target. I hope to hear from some of you guys.

Vestal's Gunsmithing 276-628-9680

It's a 5.5hr drive for me out of Mechanicsville VA but I agree with you ssatt68, sounds well worth it!

I have never shot farther than 250yds but have gobs of 308 ammo, a new gun and am willing to learn from anyone who will teach me. I would be thrilled with 1,000yds max...I'll sit back and watch you big gun guys go large.

I'll give you a buzz next time I head back to East TN and see if I can come out. I cook a mean brat ;-)

I'll be keen, .308 here and have only shot out to 1k, but will be interested to see how far I can push my rig and should be fun seeing how you big boys shoot~

Can I bring my BB gun? It has a Horus Vision on it!

I would love to try out the .408 if only I could get the rest of the parts; like a barrel/scope/rings/trigger etc...

Col Kurtz, Lodi, and I got another place to shoot out to about 2800yds. It`s in Marion,Va. We are trying to see who all wants to go shoot as soon winter is over. So get your rifles ready, we will be shooting before you know it.

Will have my new load for .338LM together by summer.
Will have to sell off all my little guns to get my new scope from Lodi ! Have most sold right now. Go long or go home.

Yes, we currently have quite a few places to shoot ELR. One place is in Marion,Va (out to 2800 yds) Abingdon,Va (out to 1400yds) Mendota,Va (out to mile,1760 yds). Hey NCGardenFreaks, send me a PM.

You know i would love to join you guys!

How far are yall from winchester, va? I would be interested in stretching out my 50bmg.

I`m guessing 5 hours roughly. It`s been a while since I have been there. We are off exit 14 on I-81.

Can someone send me the details, I have a Barrett M107 and would enjoy pushing it beyond a 1000 yds

What details do you want to know? Send me a PM. Hey M107, where are you coming from?

Just to give everyone an update, yes we are still active. We just got in to McMillian TAC 50 actions an have some other large actions on the way to build more large guns. Everyone has been saving money, and we been building guns this winter. We are just waiting on some warm weather, without rain, snow, or tornado winds. So when it looks like we'll have a nice weekend, we'll let everyone know.

I would like to have some pictures of those SEXY actions you guys got over there. May want one of my own.

That sounds great. I put together a TRG42 in .338 this winter that I've just zeroed for the first time. I'll be taking it to 1000 tomorrow. Count me in when ya'll get together as long as I don't have any other comps going on at the same time.

Pretty weather, big guns, big flies, long range!
OH YEAH!!!!